US Meat Workers Quit As Virus Ridden Plants Reopen

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is what I said would happen. People aren't going to put money before their life, the lives of their family and friends.

As I said, trump can't force them to go back to those plants. They're quitting, calling in sick or taking leaves of absence and I don't blame them.

It's stupid to force those plants to be open but not force the owners to make it safe for the workers.

If mcconnell and the republicans get their way and take away a worker's right to sue their employer there will be more people quitting those jobs. No one will accept being forced to work in conditions that have a high chance of them getting the virus but no way to sue the employer who caused them to get sick in the first place.

I will point out that it's unconstitutional to take away a person's right to sue.

All trump and the owners of those business need to do is make it safe for the workers but that would cost money and we all know those employers don't want to spend that money. Which is stupid because their actions are going to harm or even destroy the business. They can't have a business if they don't have the workers to do the jobs.

This is what I said would happen. People aren't going to put money before their life, the lives of their family and friends.

As I said, trump can't force them to go back to those plants. They're quitting, calling in sick or taking leaves of absence and I don't blame them.

It's stupid to force those plants to be open but not force the owners to make it safe for the workers.

If mcconnell and the republicans get their way and take away a worker's right to sue their employer there will be more people quitting those jobs. No one will accept being forced to work in conditions that have a high chance of them getting the virus but no way to sue the employer who caused them to get sick in the first place.

I will point out that it's unconstitutional to take away a person's right to sue.

All trump and the owners of those business need to do is make it safe for the workers but that would cost money and we all know those employers don't want to spend that money. Which is stupid because their actions are going to harm or even destroy the business. They can't have a business if they don't have the workers to do the jobs.

That is their right.

Let them quit.

No unemployment for them.

That is their right.

Let them quit.

wonder where they're going to get their meat for their families? hmmm they are going to starve their own families. interesting.

Good for them, if you dont want to work, then dont, if you do, do, that is what the President has said all along. Now that prices of meat is going through the roof though, when the welfare checks cant buy that hamburger and smokes, you will start to see the inner cities burn...that is what liberalism always brings, poverty and misery...

I understand the point you're making. It's a difficult situation we are in, so my question to you is, what do we do about food?

That is their right.

Let them quit.

wonder where they're going to get their meat for their families? hmmm they are going to starve their own families. interesting.
Liberals dont give a rats ass about their families. It is all about themselves. I went to Saudi Arabia for 5 1/2 years so i could give my family very nice lifestyle.

That is their right.

Let them quit.

I'm not sure that's precisely the correct response.
Yes it is. If you quit your job, you dont get unemployment insurance. Also, you will find that the next job will get harder because no one likes a quitter unless you are a liberal.

I understand the point you're making. It's a difficult situation we are in, so my question to you is, what do we do about food?
why are they different from the staff's at grocery stores?

He will answer with some blanket "make it safe" trope with little details on how to actually do it.

The safest thing to do is to turn over the work to robots.

And yes they are.

As soon as my office opens up....I am headed back. I'd have been there the whole time if they'd let me.

So what is your plan? Everyone stays at home, and we all die?

Really, what is your plan? Listen, Corona is never going away. There will not be a magic moment, where it just .... disappears from the planet.

So, what would you suggest? We all stay home, and have mass starvation across the country, and then instead of some dying, then everyone dies?

Really, explain your solution.

Illegal aliens get nervous when the Feds start snooping around. MEat pakcers run sweatshops for the most part, can't get people to move to the country for less than even the current minimum wage and live in tents or 20 to a room.

We just had an outbreak at a Tyson Foods plant in Portland. 37 confirmed cases so far, many from the immigrant community. These are the precautions Tyson has been using. It does not sound "virus laden" to me. Yet we have a cluster there, the first outside a nursing home. Because so many employees are immigrants living in the same communities at home, often in crowded conditions, it is certainly possible that they picked up the Virus at home, not in the plant. I don't know that for a fact, but it seems like a possibility to me. Full article attached.

To keep our essential team members safe, Tyson has instituted new measures that go beyond our longstanding sanitation processes and are aimed at keeping our team members healthy and safe. Team member temperatures are checked daily and protective facial coverings are required. Plants have been modified for social distancing, including workstation dividers and barriers in break rooms. Sanitation has been increased for frequently touched surfaces, such as doors and tables. Increased hand washing frequency has been encouraged. We also encourage team members to follow CDC guidelines at home as well as at work.

In March, Tyson relaxed its attendance policy to encourage people to stay home if they are sick. Team members already have health care coverage, but we waived co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles for doctor visits for COVID-19 testing and eliminated pre-approval or preauthorization steps. Co-pays for the use of telemedicine are also waived, and refill limits for 30-day prescriptions of maintenance medication have been relaxed. In addition, changes were made to our short-term disability program so that ill employees can receive 90 percent of their pay if out for more than the available sick leave days, preserving Maine’s unemployment benefits for those working at companies unable to offer short-term disability.

Forum List

Back