Life on Mars discovered by Curiosity?

The first Red Flag is the idea that mushrooms are "simple" organisms ... they're not organisms, they're the fruiting body of an organism ... and thus an fairly advanced form of life as found on Earth ... just slightly below vascular plants in the Grand Scheme of things, here on Earth ...

The underlying fungus that produces mushrooms are (at a minimum) detritivores ... their food source is dead and decaying organic matter ... thus we need the whole suite of plant life as primary producers using photosynthesis to allow the fungus to grow and form their reproductive organs (the mushroom itself) ...

These mushroom producing fungi are land organisms ... and it took about 4 billion years here on Earth for such an organism even to begin evolving ... and the land surfaces here on Earth are far more suitable for life of any kind than the surfaces on Mars ... we've always had rain and rivers on Earth, the available water on Mars disappeared long long ago ...

Last item and I'll quit ... almost all the geology on Earth occurred in the presence of water ... roughly 90% of the geology on Mars occurred without water ... so this wouldn't be the first geological formation to be found there that has never been seen on Earth ... I'm thinking of the "blueberries" found many years ago ...

The first Red Flag is the idea that mushrooms are "simple" organisms ... they're not organisms, they're the fruiting body of an organism ... and thus an fairly advanced form of life as found on Earth ... just slightly below vascular plants in the Grand Scheme of things, here on Earth ...

The underlying fungus that produces mushrooms are (at a minimum) detritivores ... their food source is dead and decaying organic matter ... thus we need the whole suite of plant life as primary producers using photosynthesis to allow the fungus to grow and form their reproductive organs (the mushroom itself) ...

These mushroom producing fungi are land organisms ... and it took about 4 billion years here on Earth for such an organism even to begin evolving ... and the land surfaces here on Earth are far more suitable for life of any kind than the surfaces on Mars ... we've always had rain and rivers on Earth, the available water on Mars disappeared long long ago ...

Last item and I'll quit ... almost all the geology on Earth occurred in the presence of water ... roughly 90% of the geology on Mars occurred without water ... so this wouldn't be the first geological formation to be found there that has never been seen on Earth ... I'm thinking of the "blueberries" found many years ago ...
The blue berries could only have been made with water. Smooth sides are not found on materials in the absence of water.

The author of the paper, Rhawn Joseph, is known to be controversial, and his reputation is mixed within the scientific community.

Subterranean culture, where the water is. Think Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

In all seriousness, I'm intrigued by the series of repeating fast radio bursts that have been picked up from deep space recently (as of March 2020).

Could Fast Radio Bursts Be Powering Alien Probes? (cfa.harvard.edu)

[Avi Loeb of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics] and his co-author Manasvi Lingam (Harvard University) examined the feasibility of creating a radio transmitter strong enough for it to be detectable across such immense distances. They found that, if the transmitter were solar powered, the sunlight falling on an area of a planet twice the size of the Earth would be enough to generate the needed energy. Such a vast construction project is well beyond our technology, but within the realm of possibility according to the laws of physics.

They then asked, why build such an instrument in the first place? They argue that the most plausible use of such power is driving interstellar light sails. The amount of power involved would be sufficient to push a payload of a million tons, or about 20 times the largest cruise ships on Earth.

"That's big enough to carry living passengers across interstellar or even intergalactic distances," added Lingam.

(March 25, 2020)

(April 12, 2020)

Last edited:
... I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.

It would be quite arrogant indeed to think our planet is the only one in the infinite array of space to spring life. We don't even have the first clue as to how many viable planets there are in the universe, nonetheless have any clue as to which of those planets bears life or the different forms of life that are possible.

we5020fd41.jpg

It would be quite arrogant indeed to think our planet is the only one in the infinite array of space to spring life. We don't even have the first clue as to how many viable planets there are in the universe, nonetheless have any clue as to which of those planets bears life or the different forms of life that are possible.
Thinking our type of life is the only type is pretty arrogant too.

Very cool story. I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.
Total garbage. They are pebbles, nothing more. They found round “blueberry” looking ones when it first got there. They are formed naturally in the presence of water.

Right. I addressed that at the end, noting the unknown different forms of life that are possible

And what do you think the temperature is at that spot on mars?

I looked it up. It is -14 Fahrenheit

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

Sometimes people see what they WANT to see. What looks familiar to them

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

I see you rated my post funny. Understand, the scope of my post was not referring to this particular phenomenon, I simply said it would be arrogant to believe we were the only intelligent life in the entire known universe, which contains billions upon billions of suns and countless trillions of planets orbiting those Suns. Most scientist in this field theorize there are millions of planets similar to our own, capable of supporting life. Are you really so confident of what doesn't exist in a vastness that no human is even capable of comprehending?

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

I see you rated my post funny. Understand, the scope of my post was not referring to this particular phenomenon, I simply said it would be arrogant to believe we were the only intelligent life in the entire known universe, which contains billions upon billions of suns and countless trillions of planets orbiting those Suns. Most scientist in this field theorize there are millions of planets similar to our own, and capable of supporting life. Are you really so confident of what doesn't exist in a vastness that no human is even capable of comprehending?
he disagreed with my post so ya he thinks we are unique.

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

I see you rated my post funny. Understand, the scope of my post was not referring to this particular phenomenon, I simply said it would be arrogant to believe we were the only intelligent life in the entire known universe, which contains billions upon billions of suns and countless trillions of planets orbiting those Suns. Most scientist in this field theorize there are millions of planets similar to our own, capable of supporting life. Are you really so confident of what doesn't exist in a vastness that no human is even capable of comprehending?
Those arent MUSHROOMS. We dont know what they are. THAT is the topic of this thread.

No, I dont believe we are alone in the universe but YOU are too arrogant to believe we were CREATED by those beings.

And you have shown ZERO EVIDENCE that ANY LIFE has evolved independently without a Creator anywhere in the universe.

All you have is THEORIES based on randomness and CHANCE. You have NO EVIDENCE to support your beliefs in evolution on another planet while rejection God's work here on earth.

Your theories are built on a house of cards

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Very cool story. I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.
It’s just a frozen desert of zero life . If the massive dust storms don’t kill you then the high energy gamma rays will turn your chromosomes into sludge
Oh and it’s colder than Alaska

BTW, I am addressing YOUR ARROGANCE in believing life MUST exist out there based on the THEORIES you've stacked together.

Forum List

Back