US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

I notice you decided to avoid answering my question and respond with a bullshit non-answer instead.

Carter didn't hand Reagan a structurely broken economy like Bush handed Obama. As you point out, Reagan had tools at his disposal to work with... lowering taxes, lowering interest rates, driving down inflation... again I ask... what tools did Obama have to fight a massive recession...?

Since you have no clue as to how this system was intentionally broken down or the players behind it, your question is meaningless and you are just playing partisan politics. I have explained this many times as to what is really going on because I have spent lots of time trying to figure out things really work and politicians in D.C are just corporate offices and Barrypuppet is simply the face of the franchise and CEO of this corporation in name only. He does as he is told. We have a government that we see and there is one that we don't see and they are the ones really calling the shots behind the scenes.
Translation: you can't answer the question, What tools did Obama have at his disposal to combat the Great Recession, either.

Thanks for that utterly useless post.
thumbsup.gif

He could have disbanded and nationalized the Federal Reserve Bank and sign an executive order to have a top to bottom audit of the Fed. He could have done what Kennedy did and have silver backed currency printed because that Executive order of Kennedy's was never rescinded...just the money was taken out of circulation. Barrypuppet's masters at the Federal Reserve introduced the QE program where they dumped cheap money on Wall Street to keep it propped up. But Barry just does as he is told because he was groomed to be the CEO of this massive corporate entity and they own him. So much that you don't know and so much that you lack the ability to understand. The bottom line is that we are going to have an economic event that is going to make 2008 seem like a walk in the park. It's not a matter if if it's going to happen but rather when....
Sorry, but you're too fucking demented. QE started under Bush.

Bushpuppet was president in 2009? You are the one that is demented and totally blinded by an ideology and political party that doesn't give a fuck about you...but yet you cling too and defend the indefensible because you are so dug .
What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you not understand English? I didn't say Bush was president in 2009. I said QE started while Bush was president.

Since you have no clue as to how this system was intentionally broken down or the players behind it, your question is meaningless and you are just playing partisan politics. I have explained this many times as to what is really going on because I have spent lots of time trying to figure out things really work and politicians in D.C are just corporate offices and Barrypuppet is simply the face of the franchise and CEO of this corporation in name only. He does as he is told. We have a government that we see and there is one that we don't see and they are the ones really calling the shots behind the scenes.
Translation: you can't answer the question, What tools did Obama have at his disposal to combat the Great Recession, either.

Thanks for that utterly useless post.
thumbsup.gif

He could have disbanded and nationalized the Federal Reserve Bank and sign an executive order to have a top to bottom audit of the Fed. He could have done what Kennedy did and have silver backed currency printed because that Executive order of Kennedy's was never rescinded...just the money was taken out of circulation. Barrypuppet's masters at the Federal Reserve introduced the QE program where they dumped cheap money on Wall Street to keep it propped up. But Barry just does as he is told because he was groomed to be the CEO of this massive corporate entity and they own him. So much that you don't know and so much that you lack the ability to understand. The bottom line is that we are going to have an economic event that is going to make 2008 seem like a walk in the park. It's not a matter if if it's going to happen but rather when....
Sorry, but you're too fucking demented. QE started under Bush.

Bushpuppet was president in 2009? You are the one that is demented and totally blinded by an ideology and political party that doesn't give a fuck about you...but yet you cling too and defend the indefensible because you are so dug .
What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you not understand English? I didn't say Bush was president in 2009. I said QE started while Bush was president.[/QUOT

QE1 started in December of 2008 just a few weeks before Barrypuppet took office and it definitely helped the Barrypuppet and then he was instructed to start the Porkulus program by adding another 1.1 Trillion dollars of debt by the time interest is figured in. Things are really shitty in this country right now...low wages, high cost of housing...101 million people on some type of "gubermint" subsidy while leaving the border unsecured while flying in muslim refugees that can't be properly vetted....but morons like you think that everything is great and the Barrypuppet is the best.......your kind or either stupid or utterly ignorant.....could be a case of both.....

You can always tell a mindless DittoTard!

I know more than you and if you are implying that I listen to Rush Limbaugh, let me assure you that I have no respect for him either or any rightwing talk show host. They are part of the controlled opposition. Before Limbaugh got his huge radio gig he talked about the criminality of the Federal Reserve bank and how unconstitutional it is.....once he got his sweet 20 million dollar a year radio deal? He never talks about how unconstitutional it is. His job is to keep us bickering with each other. I know more than you and I am here to share what I have spent thousands of hours researching and reading about because I care about the people of this country.

I know more than you and if you are implying that I listen to Rush Limbaugh, let me assure you that I have no respect for him either or any rightwing talk show host. They are part of the controlled opposition. Before Limbaugh got his huge radio gig he talked about the criminality of the Federal Reserve bank and how unconstitutional it is.....once he got his sweet 20 million dollar a year radio deal? He never talks about how unconstitutional it is. His job is to keep us bickering with each other. I know more than you and I am here to share what I have spent thousands of hours researching and reading about because I care about the people of this country.
Sure you just mindlessly parrot him because you hate him so much. :eusa_liar:

Sure you just mindlessly parrot him because you hate him so much. :eusa_liar:

I know infinitely more than Limbaugh or any other media creation. They wouldn't allow me to have a debate with any politician because I would call them on the carpet and ask them questions and debate them on policies that have been implemented that were kept from us and have them stuttering and stammering. I have what amounts to a PHD as to what is really going on and I am constantly adding to my bank of knowledge. I comprehend and understand things that would be hard for you to grasp. I am like a black belt in martial arts trying to convey knowledge to someone that signed up for the beginner's class. Sometimes I speak over the head of the student and I need to work on that....but I know of what I speak and I have EARNED it through due diligence and a desire to learn the truth regardless of how ugly it is.

I have what amounts to a PHD as to what is really going on
:rofl::lmao:

Really? That's the best retort that you could muster? Why are you even here? I will just chalk it up to the fact that you have no decent rebuttal and that you are totally intimidated by the info that has been dumped on you......it's ok....it's a lot to digest. I am here to help.......

Really? That's the best retort that you could muster? Why are you even here? I will just chalk it up to the fact that you have no decent rebuttal and that you are totally intimidated by the info that has been dumped on you......it's ok....it's a lot to digest. I am here to help.......
Really!
How can you not see the humor in claiming to have a PHD in "What's Happening Now." :rofl::lmao:

key_art_whats_happening_now.jpg

Will you admit WHY interest rates have been kept so low? I'll give you a hint...it's NOT because the Fed thinks the economy is "good"!
What do we need to do?

Well, for starters...we need to gradually raise interest rates to something sane. I say that for two reasons. First of all it will give us a real idea of how strong the economy really is...but more importantly...if we do have another financial crisis we'll have that tool (lowering interest rates) to combat it. As it stands right now...if we have another recession...our "quiver" of economic arrows to address that is basically empty. All we've done for the past eight years is artificially prop up the stock market which allowed wealthy people who had credit to invest with to make a fortune. You want to know why there is such "inequality" between the wealthy and the Lower Class? It's because of things like what the Fed has done with interest rates. Poor people didn't gain from the stock market rebound...wealthy people sure as heck did!
Ummm... what "quivers" did Obama have when he came into office in 2009?

Every President works with the same economic "tools", Faun...some simply understand how to use them better than others.
I notice you decided to avoid answering my question and respond with a bullshit non-answer instead.

Carter didn't hand Reagan a structurely broken economy like Bush handed Obama. As you point out, Reagan had tools at his disposal to work with... lowering taxes, lowering interest rates, driving down inflation... again I ask... what tools did Obama have to fight a massive recession...?

In what way was our economy "structurely broken", Faun? Bush handed over an economy that was in recession but he also provided Obama with TARP in place in order to prop up the economy. So what did Barry do upon taking office? Did he work tirelessly to create jobs and grow the economy so that Americans could get back to work? No...he decided that what we REALLY needed was to pass ObamaCare...legislation that hurt job creation.

Really!
How can you not see the humor in claiming to have a PHD in "What's Happening Now." :rofl::lmao:

key_art_whats_happening_now.jpg
ROTFMAO........ok, I get ya.......Touche'.....

With Reagan you had a President who actually understood economics. It was his major in college. Barack Obama doesn't have the faintest idea about economic theory. His economic policies are based on his political ideology.

You are very proud of yourself. But so far, you have suggested economic solutions that no actual economist would suggest, me boy. Ranting about secret problems that only you know about, and suggesting economic solutions that no reputable economist would agree with, and solutions that have NO HISTORY of ever solving anything, is, me boy, stupid. QE has been used in multiple countries, and in this country during Bush's and Obama's times. But neither were actually the authors of the policy. QE, in this country, is controlled by the Fed. And the Fed is not controlled by the Executive branch. And, according to most economists, it had some positive value, and did nothing in the way of causing or raising the inflation rate to worry about.
If you are going to make economic arguments do folks a favor and provide links to your accusations. Otherwise we are going to have to assume you are simply a tool trying to prove your knowledge, which so far is not working well for you.

What do we need to do?

Well, for starters...we need to gradually raise interest rates to something sane. I say that for two reasons. First of all it will give us a real idea of how strong the economy really is...but more importantly...if we do have another financial crisis we'll have that tool (lowering interest rates) to combat it. As it stands right now...if we have another recession...our "quiver" of economic arrows to address that is basically empty. All we've done for the past eight years is artificially prop up the stock market which allowed wealthy people who had credit to invest with to make a fortune. You want to know why there is such "inequality" between the wealthy and the Lower Class? It's because of things like what the Fed has done with interest rates. Poor people didn't gain from the stock market rebound...wealthy people sure as heck did!

Every President works with the same economic "tools", Faun...some simply understand how to use them better than others.

In what way was our economy "structurely broken", Faun? Bush handed over an economy that was in recession but he also provided Obama with TARP in place in order to prop up the economy. So what did Barry do upon taking office? Did he work tirelessly to create jobs and grow the economy so that Americans could get back to work? No...he decided that what we REALLY needed was to pass ObamaCare...legislation that hurt job creation.
With Reagan you had a President who actually understood economics. It was his major in college. Barack Obama doesn't have the faintest idea about economic theory. His economic policies are based on his political ideology.

You are very proud of yourself. But so far, you have suggested economic solutions that no actual economist would suggest, me boy. Ranting about secret problems that only you know about, and suggesting economic solutions that no reputable economist would agree with, and solutions that have NO HISTORY of ever solving anything, is, me boy, stupid. QE has been used in multiple countries, and in this country during Bush's and Obama's times. But neither were actually the authors of the policy. QE, in this country, is controlled by the Fed. And the Fed is not controlled by the Executive branch. And, according to most economists, it had some positive value, and did nothing in the way of causing or raising the inflation rate to worry about.
If you are going to make economic arguments do folks a favor and provide links to your accusations. Otherwise we are going to have to assume you are simply a tool trying to prove your knowledge, which so far is not working well for you.

Have you read any of my economic suggestions? If so, please go back through my postings and tell me how they would not work. I have 8 very "do-able" ideas that could not only bring back prosperity to America but could make every country solvent.
I never said the the foreign owned Federal Reserve bank is controlled by any branch of this corporate "gubermint".

QE is a good thing? It debases the currency already in existence because the more money in circulation, the less it is worth. Let's just say that there were only 100 Mickey Mantle rookie cards with his signature....well, for collectors, that card would be very valuable....then the next thing you know, 1 million of those cards have been discovered....would that not make the 100 cards before the discovery to have less value? It's the same damn thing with this fiat currency. I know more than you...I have invested a lot of time trying to wake people up and give them the benefit of my heavy lifting and I ask for nothing. You have two choices, listen to what I have to say and do your own research or be a flaming asswipe that offers nothing....doesn't bother me either way. If you can enlighten me as to where I am wrong? I will gladly listen ....I have learned from experience that to have one set of beliefs etched in stone only sets you up for failure later on down the line.

Dems give us 40 years of slow steady growth Republicans give us ten years bust ten years booms. Hard to survive gopanomics if you aren't rich. What do you do?

But I agree I hate interest rates being so low

Will you admit WHY interest rates have been kept so low? I'll give you a hint...it's NOT because the Fed thinks the economy is "good"!
What do we need to do?

Every President works with the same economic "tools", Faun...some simply understand how to use them better than others. Reagan for instance. He inherited Stagflation from Jimmy Carter...bit the bullet and did the politically unpopular thing by tightening up the money supply...which caused unemployment to rise and Reagan's approval ratings to plummet. Then when inflation was lessened...he cut taxes, the economy started to boom and unemployment went down. Now contrast that with what Barack Obama has done for the past seven plus years. He's kept interest rates at almost zero. Why? Because he knows that the stock market "recovery" has been a bubble driven almost exclusively by cheap money. He CAN'T raise interest rates because it would expose how shaky the economic recovery has been under his stewardship.

Obama hasn't pushed for a raise in interest rates. Why? Because he understands that the economy really isn't strong and that even proposing a raise in interest rates sends the Dow plummeting. He won't do the hard things that Reagan did because Barry doesn't DO hard. He does EASY. Like lowering interest rates for seven plus years.
Why isn't the economy good?

Are you one of those people who believes the federal reserve was taken over by private bankers in 1913? Me too.

But I'm not a libertarian. Are you?

Are you one of those people who believes the federal reserve was taken over by private bankers in 1913? Me too.

The Federal Reserve WAS created by private bankers many of which are foreign.

The Federal Reserve WAS created by private bankers many of which are foreign.
I notice the info on this has changed in recent years. The powers that be will go to great lengths to keep this from the people. This country was taken over in 1913.

The debt one day has to explode. Capitalism relies on booms and busts. It's all a scam. Money isn't backed by gold. When they want to have another recession they'll let us know.

Which of your "8 very duable solutions" would you want to discuss. First, me boy, you need to express why you think each is a solution. I saw none. But I am more than willing to discuss them, one or two at a time, but I am at this point not willing to believe that you have an argument for any of them.
Next, me boy, though I have lots of economics background, and plenty of years looking at the subjects involved in our economic condition, I do not consider myself an expert. First thing I look for is economic education, which you have shown nothing of. There are those on this site that have PhD's, Masters Degrees, and years of work experience with the subject that provide them with a level of base expertise that you have not shown. Not in the slightest.
Making statements like you do of "8 solutions" without explaining why you think they are solutions or providing links that provide proof of your assertions simply make you look, to me and obviously to others reading your posts, that you have nothing but what has become known as "shtick". It is really hard to take you seriously, me boy. You appear to be a major lightweight trying to make people think you are a person of substance, or maybe you are simply mentally ill.
Relative to your ignorant argument about qe, I would suggest, me boy, that you do some looking at the subject. Find the many articles about the subject by impartial sources, and show me one that supports your assertions. And stop with the silly trading card example. Makes you look like you are still in third grade. me boy.
You see, me boy, the impartial experts on the subject do not believe that qe efforts had any real effect on inflation. And without affecting inflation, there is no effect on the value of money. Simple, me boy. Which makes me think you are a congenital idiot.
Perhaps you could start with the statement you made about the Fed being foreign owned, me boy. Without proof (which. of course, you did not provide) it makes you look, again, like a reactionary alarmist. And an idiot.

Those qe efforts made during the past two presidents terms by the fed (look it up, dipshit) were way too small to have the effects you so breathlessly suggest. Then, to educate yourself further, try educating yourself on the effect of monetary tools on demand based recessions. You will find that, in fact, there is a term used in economics called (pushing on a string) that explains why all economic experts expected very little effect from qe efforts made during either presidential term. Both the fed and presidential economic teams found the results about what they expected. Which was minimal. And is why there was no effect on inflation or the value of money at all, me boy. Though they did provide fuel for alarmists like yourself.
Here, me boy, is a quote for you, relative to your naive statement that the fed is foreign controlled:

"The Fed is an American institution. About the myth: "This is simply wrong," says Charles Calomiris, Henry Kaufman professor of financial institutions at Columbia University.

"What we know is, at least on the surface, the Federal Reserve is run by a combination of the Federal Reserve board and the 12 Federal Reserve banks, who together form the governance of the system," says Calomiris, who also is a visiting scholar at the International Monetary Fund.

The Board of Governors is comprised of Americans. "Some conspiracy-theory types sometimes argue that vague international organizations secretly control the Fed and other central banks. Yet they provide no evidence for that, which of course they can't if it is really secret!" says Steve Horwitz, an economics professor at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y."
5 Myths Debunked About The Federal Reserve | Bankrate.com

The above, me boy, is a quote from an impartial source discussing myths of alarmists like yourself about the fed. Try to learn, me boy. You really need to educate yourself on fact rather than drivel.

What do we need to do?

Every President works with the same economic "tools", Faun...some simply understand how to use them better than others. Reagan for instance. He inherited Stagflation from Jimmy Carter...bit the bullet and did the politically unpopular thing by tightening up the money supply...which caused unemployment to rise and Reagan's approval ratings to plummet. Then when inflation was lessened...he cut taxes, the economy started to boom and unemployment went down. Now contrast that with what Barack Obama has done for the past seven plus years. He's kept interest rates at almost zero. Why? Because he knows that the stock market "recovery" has been a bubble driven almost exclusively by cheap money. He CAN'T raise interest rates because it would expose how shaky the economic recovery has been under his stewardship.

Obama hasn't pushed for a raise in interest rates. Why? Because he understands that the economy really isn't strong and that even proposing a raise in interest rates sends the Dow plummeting. He won't do the hard things that Reagan did because Barry doesn't DO hard. He does EASY. Like lowering interest rates for seven plus years.
Why isn't the economy good?

Because economic growth that's grinding along at a little above 2% year after year ISN'T good?

Compare what the economy was doing by this time in Reagan's second term to what it is doing at this time in Obama's.

Forum List

Back