US Hate preacher gets another gig cancelled

Like most hypocrites, Franklin Graham has a sad that he cannot have it both ways. :crybaby:
There are lots of other places he can get his cake baked.

But would you bake him a cake?

I believe that cuts both ways but let say a Mormon owned business decides not to do business with a Lesbian Group, should they be forced to do business?

In the end the Preacher should know he can not go to other countries and preach like he does here...

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

graham says they will find new venues for him to speak.

I don't agree with anything graham says or does.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

He is a sham, how can you be a man of God and be a backer of Trump.

Yes he's a sham. His god is money, power and trump.

No real christian would support trump.

What is a REAL Christian, this country has always claimed to be a Christian Nation but look at the atrocities that have been done in this country. Were they Christ like?

I was born and raised Christian, but I don't know what this means and I don't think that I ever did. So much hatred, violence, and bigotry has been attached to the name of Jesus over time that is opposite to what Jesus is credited with saying that I don't know what the Christian faith is, or is supposed to be. I once was in a receiving line to greet Archbishop John Shelby Spong. I told him that his books were saving Christianity for me, as I have always struggled with it being bullshit. To paraphrase him, he said that there is something actually, spiritually there to be celebrated, the little spark, but you just have to keep digging through the bullshit to find it.

All graham is is a hateful fraud, trying to pile the bullshit higher and deeper.

I thought you on the right believed people have the right to refuse custom...to discriminate
I believe an individual has the right to refuse service if it conflicts with deeply held convictions.

That's not the same as seven different venues all colluding to withdraw an agreement to provide a place for Graham to
preach after all agreeing to do so. That's not personal conviction in action...that's organized denial of free speech.

This is not necessarily a case of "hate." Some speech is intended to incite people to do evil things to others. graham's attacks on LGBTQs, Muslims, and others raise the question of what impact his appearances might have on the communities involved. The venues are private, and his speech may go against the venue operators' beliefs. Moreover, local city councils, religious leaders, business leaders, and private citizens have let their feelings known about him.
Then why did they invite him in the first place? Like any good preacher, he preaches against all sins including homosexuality.

Who invited him? He booked a tour to make himself some money. He is a cult leader who has a cult following. I doubt that he would take responsibility for any discrimination or violence against the people whom he attacks who live in these communities.

The title "preacher" is some sort of honorific that has importance only within the specific religious group that bestows it and gives it legitimacy. It has no legitimacy outside of the person's individual sect. graham is a Southern Baptist (which apparently is somewhat different from being a Baptist), so Southern Baptists invest him with this title and authority. Roman Catholics do the same with the pope. So does the Taliban do with its imams.
Saul Alinsky has done wonders with you. But old Sauls' followers, they are not a cult as we know. Saul never knew how to hold on to power once attained.

I have no idea who Saul Alinsky is or was. I have never read anything by him, nor am I familiar with his ideas. I don't even know if he is still alive.

I have more familiarity with southern baptists. They are a rubbish cult. There are other Baptists out there, who are not southern baptists. I think that the Baptist religion split into different groups. The Carters are wonderful people, humble, faithful, and helping. And the Gore's. I had a Baptist co-worker (RIP) who was the most wonderful person. This graham is a cult fanatic.

The only problem that you have with the Grahams is that they are friendly with and supportive of their President, Donald J. Trump. The fact that they had met with other presidents over the decades of both parties I guess is overwritten by fact that they are friendly with our Tremendous President

Only a bakery it seems.
This is not the act of one person acting out of his or her own convictions.

This was an organized act by seven different entities cancelling an agreement in unison after it was all negotiated and
agreed upon.

Other than that, you point is valid. :icon_rolleyes:
Good one!

I thought you on the right believed people have the right to refuse custom...to discriminate
I believe an individual has the right to refuse service if it conflicts with deeply held convictions.

That's not the same as seven different venues all colluding to withdraw an agreement to provide a place for Graham to
preach after all agreeing to do so. That's not personal conviction in action...that's organized denial of free speech.
Why is it "colluding"? The people who operate these venues and the communities that they operate him may have simply discovered what he was. I don't know what the law is in the UK, but in the U.S. only the government is on the hook for a denial of free speech. It appears that your graham can speak anywhere that he can a room. By your reasoning, the cult people are colluding against LGBTs.

This is not necessarily a case of "hate." Some speech is intended to incite people to do evil things to others. graham's attacks on LGBTQs, Muslims, and others raise the question of what impact his appearances might have on the communities involved. The venues are private, and his speech may go against the venue operators' beliefs. Moreover, local city councils, religious leaders, business leaders, and private citizens have let their feelings known about him.
Then why did they invite him in the first place? Like any good preacher, he preaches against all sins including homosexuality.

Who invited him? He booked a tour to make himself some money. He is a cult leader who has a cult following. I doubt that he would take responsibility for any discrimination or violence against the people whom he attacks who live in these communities.

The title "preacher" is some sort of honorific that has importance only within the specific religious group that bestows it and gives it legitimacy. It has no legitimacy outside of the person's individual sect. graham is a Southern Baptist (which apparently is somewhat different from being a Baptist), so Southern Baptists invest him with this title and authority. Roman Catholics do the same with the pope. So does the Taliban do with its imams.
Saul Alinsky has done wonders with you. But old Sauls' followers, they are not a cult as we know. Saul never knew how to hold on to power once attained.

I have no idea who Saul Alinsky is or was. I have never read anything by him, nor am I familiar with his ideas. I don't even know if he is still alive.

I have more familiarity with southern baptists. They are a rubbish cult. There are other Baptists out there, who are not southern baptists. I think that the Baptist religion split into different groups. The Carters are wonderful people, humble, faithful, and helping. And the Gore's. I had a Baptist co-worker (RIP) who was the most wonderful person. This graham is a cult fanatic.

The only problem that you have with the Grahams is that they are friendly with and supportive of their President, Donald J. Trump. The fact that they had met with other presidents over the decades of both parties I guess is overwritten by fact that they are friendly with our Tremendous President

Who gives a damn how many presidents somebody has met with? This bitch's father was very friendly with Nixon and said some pretty nasty things about other people and other religions. That his spawn is friendly with another scumbag comes as no surprise. The idea that anybody like graham represents Jesus is total bullshit and an insult.

Why is it "colluding"? The people who operate these venues and the communities that they operate him may have simply discovered what he was.
They all discovered who Franklin Graham was at approximately the precise same time it seems.

If these venues are interested in protecting the ears and minds of their town folk then they should find out who these dangerous people are before agreeing to letting these evil monsters speak.

I don't know what the law is in the UK, but in the U.S. only the government is on the hook for a denial of free speech. It appears that your graham can speak anywhere that he can a room.
I doubt Graham will be able to
obtain a venue that accommodates more than a handful of people in the UK.
It's a nation of snowflakes now.

By your reasoning, the cult people are colluding against LGBTs.
No more than LGBTs "collude" against cult people, whoever that is. It's mutual dislike.
This is different than the Graham situation.

This collusion of Graham is signified by orchestrated and coordinated denial of service. Kind of like "we don't serve your kind" messages to certain types of people when they come to town.

Who gives a damn how many presidents somebody has met with? This bitch's father was very friendly with Nixon and said some pretty nasty things about other people and other religions. That his spawn is friendly with another scumbag comes as no surprise. The idea that anybody like graham represents Jesus is total bullshit and an insult.

Obama had his chance to put the Graham Family " in their place " a few years ago, but didn't.

Why is it "colluding"? The people who operate these venues and the communities that they operate him may have simply discovered what he was.
They all discovered who Franklin Graham was at approximately the precise same time it seems.

If these venues are interested in protecting the ears and minds of their town folk then they should find out who these dangerous people are before agreeing to letting these evil monsters speak.

I don't know what the law is in the UK, but in the U.S. only the government is on the hook for a denial of free speech. It appears that your graham can speak anywhere that he can a room.

No more than LGBTs "collude" against cult people, whoever that is. It's mutual dislike.

This collusion of Graham is signified by orchestrated and coordinated denial of service. Kind of like "we don't serve your kind" messages to certain types of people when they come to town.
I don't think that there is any law, either in the US or the UK that requires people to enable anyone like graham. This bimbo can spread his hatred anywhere that he can find space to do so.

BTW: the cult people are seriously into denials of service in the US, even when it violates public-accommodation laws. The cults here collude all over the place.

Is there any reason why LGBTs shouldn't defend themselves against attacks? Is there any reason why any group shouldn't defend itself from attacks from outside?

These threads always show whom actually supports business rights, individual rights, and, property rights from those that merely pay lip service out of political expedience.

I don't think that there is any law, either in the US or the UK that requires people to enable anyone like graham. This bimbo can spread his hatred anywhere that he can find space to do so.

BTW: the cult people are seriously into denials of service in the US, even when it violates public-accommodation laws. The cults here collude all over the place.

Is there any reason why LGBTs shouldn't defend themselves against attacks? Is there any reason why any group shouldn't defend itself from attacks from outside?

What "attacks" has Rev. Graham made against Homosexuals at all?

All that the great Preacher has done is to repeat the biblical prohibition against men taking it in the Caboose. He hasn't promoted the idea of attacking anyone.

You might not like it, but Homosexuals are not sacred cows exempt from criticism.

These threads always show whom actually supports business rights, individual rights, and, property rights from those that merely pay lip service out of political expedience.

The venues in question had already signed contracts to rent their facilities to this tremendous Theologian.

Forum List

Back