US Hate preacher gets another gig cancelled

Except that nobody is doing that. It is rightly being pointed out that many of the European nations are being flooded with violent third-world savages, and are suffering huge increases in violent crime as a result. If anything can be rightfully be characterized, here as “hate”, it would be the idea that these foolish nations should allow themselves to be so invaded, and their rightful inhabitants subject to this violence and savagery.
Characterising them as violent third world savages seems both very hateful and very Christian. Oh well.

This is not necessarily a case of "hate." Some speech is intended to incite people to do evil things to others. graham's attacks on LGBTQs, Muslims, and others raise the question of what impact his appearances might have on the communities involved. The venues are private, and his speech may go against the venue operators' beliefs. Moreover, local city councils, religious leaders, business leaders, and private citizens have let their feelings known about him.
Then why did they invite him in the first place? Like any good preacher, he preaches against all sins including homosexuality.

Who invited him? He booked a tour to make himself some money. He is a cult leader who has a cult following. I doubt that he would take responsibility for any discrimination or violence against the people whom he attacks who live in these communities.

The title "preacher" is some sort of honorific that has importance only within the specific religious group that bestows it and gives it legitimacy. It has no legitimacy outside of the person's individual sect. graham is a Southern Baptist (which apparently is somewhat different from being a Baptist), so Southern Baptists invest him with this title and authority. Roman Catholics do the same with the pope. So does the Taliban do with its imams.

This is not necessarily a case of "hate." Some speech is intended to incite people to do evil things to others. graham's attacks on LGBTQs, Muslims, and others raise the question of what impact his appearances might have on the communities involved. The venues are private, and his speech may go against the venue operators' beliefs. Moreover, local city councils, religious leaders, business leaders, and private citizens have let their feelings known about him.
Then why did they invite him in the first place? Like any good preacher, he preaches against all sins including homosexuality.

Who invited him? He booked a tour to make himself some money. He is a cult leader who has a cult following. I doubt that he would take responsibility for any discrimination or violence against the people whom he attacks who live in these communities.

The title "preacher" is some sort of honorific that has importance only within the specific religious group that bestows it and gives it legitimacy. It has no legitimacy outside of the person's individual sect. graham is a Southern Baptist (which apparently is somewhat different from being a Baptist), so Southern Baptists invest him with this title and authority. Roman Catholics do the same with the pope. So does the Taliban do with its imams.
Saul Alinsky has done wonders with you. But old Sauls' followers, they are not a cult as we know. Saul never knew how to hold on to power once attained.

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

graham says they will find new venues for him to speak.

I don't agree with anything graham says or does.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

He is a sham, how can you be a man of God and be a backer of Trump.

Yes he's a sham. His god is money, power and trump.

No real christian would support trump.
According to scripture there would be many empires in civilization. Starting with people who are stronger to weaker. From gold to clay. Our faith today may be like the feet of clay. That is for most of us. Even you. So it is easy to get jaded and cynical. There are those who who do live totally benign as Christ talk. They die. And it looks like we are heading there.

Except that nobody is doing that. It is rightly being pointed out that many of the European nations are being flooded with violent third-world savages, and are suffering huge increases in violent crime as a result. If anything can be rightfully be characterized, here as “hate”, it would be the idea that these foolish nations should allow themselves to be so invaded, and their rightful inhabitants subject to this violence and savagery.
Characterising them as violent third world savages seems both very hateful and very Christian. Oh well.

It's the plain truth. Calling it “hate” does not make it any less true, nor does it in any way mitigate the consequences of disregarding it. If anything, it makes it worse.

Once again, you only prove my point.

It's the plain truth. Calling it “hate” does not make it any less true, [..]
Nor less hateful nor less Christian.

Is it “hateful”, then, to call a thief a thief? To call a murderer a murderer? To call a child molester a child molester?

Again, you're only proving my point. Your side misuses the word “hate”, and related words and concepts, by using them to condemn those who dare to speak the plain truth. It's your way of attacking positions that you know damn well are true, and that you know that you cannot attack from any position of honesty or logic.

I suppose it is “hateful” of me to point out your abject intellectual dishonesty.

Saul Alinsky has done wonders with you. But old Sauls' followers, they are not a cult as we know. Saul never knew how to hold on to power once attained.

I have no idea who Saul Alinsky is or was. I have never read anything by him, nor am I familiar with his ideas. I don't even know if he is still alive.

I have more familiarity with southern baptists. They are a rubbish cult. There are other Baptists out there, who are not southern baptists. I think that the Baptist religion split into different groups. The Carters are wonderful people, humble, faithful, and helping. And the Gore's. I had a Baptist co-worker (RIP) who was the most wonderful person. This graham is a cult fanatic.

Attachments

• 2012-08-04 19.25.54.jpg
    2012-08-04 19.25.54.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 33
Franklin Graham threatens arena with legal action as they cancel yet another stop on his ‘hate speech’ tour

US hate preacher Franklin Graham has reportedly threatened legal action against a Scottish venue after it cancelled one of his performances due to homophobia concerns.

The Trump-supporting preacher, who is known for praising Vladimir Putin’s anti-gay laws and blaming gay people for a “moral 9/11”, is set to visit the UK at the start of Pride Month in June as part of an eight-day evangelist tour.

So far three venues have cancelled his performances as a result of growing backlash led by LGBT+ activists. The latest to withdraw was Glasgow’s SEC Arena, which confirmed on January 29 it was cancelling due to “recent adverse publicity”.

I dont know why we are letting this freak into the country. He just makes a living out of hate.

I think its great, not that he suing. Evangelicals want to control everyones life.
Face it; all the Abrahamic religions want to control everyone's lives. It's their goal in life. They're inherently evil.

Not all. The Jews really have not been spreading their stuff, historically speaking. Mostly, it's been the Christians and Muslims, among the three Abrahamic faiths, who refuse to let it all the hell alone.

You Brits really hate free speech, don’t ya?

It's one of the reasons that we Americans kicked them out of our country almost two and a half centuries ago.
The major reasons were you you didn't want to pay for the French wars which had secured your safety and you wanted to break the treaties with the tribes the British had made, so you could assuage your land greed.

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

graham says they will find new venues for him to speak.

I don't agree with anything graham says or does.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

He is a sham, how can you be a man of God and be a backer of Trump.

Yes he's a sham. His god is money, power and trump.

No real christian would support trump.

What is a REAL Christian, this country has always claimed to be a Christian Nation but look at the atrocities that have been done in this country. Were they Christ like?

Franklin Graham threatens arena with legal action as they cancel yet another stop on his ‘hate speech’ tour

US hate preacher Franklin Graham has reportedly threatened legal action against a Scottish venue after it cancelled one of his performances due to homophobia concerns.

The Trump-supporting preacher, who is known for praising Vladimir Putin’s anti-gay laws and blaming gay people for a “moral 9/11”, is set to visit the UK at the start of Pride Month in June as part of an eight-day evangelist tour.

So far three venues have cancelled his performances as a result of growing backlash led by LGBT+ activists. The latest to withdraw was Glasgow’s SEC Arena, which confirmed on January 29 it was cancelling due to “recent adverse publicity”.

I dont know why we are letting this freak into the country. He just makes a living out of hate.
They've got a right to their religious beliefs, Tommy. It's not all based on hate. The LGBT community should remember these people have a right to their religious beliefs and as long as Graham isn't pushing for those beliefs to interfere with the LGBT community, they ought to let him call them names and predict hellfire, etc. What difference does it make what they think?

Here yes but in the U.K. no and it is Scotland right to deny the preacher right to speak...

Look, I am all for Religious Institutions to have their rights but when you book a place to speak and in a country like Scotland then maybe he should remember that is not America...

Forum List

Back