US has half a million fewer jobs than believed after big government revision

Please no more made up BS charts...

Yeah, as long as both the GOP and Dems are 100% for big spending and big government, who cares??

You don't...

It would be amazing to poll Obama supporters with the following question....

How much Federal Debt was added during his tenure as Prez?

Most of them either don't know or would lie....

What's amazing is how you can ask such a disingenuous question.

I'm not in charge of our troops....I can't bring them home or I would....I was in both Iraq and Afghanistan...and its no fun...I know what its like to go through the green zone gates without a porcelain insert because we don't have enough...Trump is trying to get us out...but you don't like him...you would rather have Obama's VP as president....that is stupid....

If Trump wanted us out, we would be out. you might have noticed that Trump pretty much does what he wants to do.

Nope, I do not want Biden, he is even worse than Trump.

Our military is not underfunded. Since you served you know how much waste and mismanagement there is.

Also, we are adding a trillion dollars a year to the deficit, that is not all going to the DOD
We are not the only nation in the field dummy...we can't just pick up and leave for that reason and many more reasons....give Trump 8 years like Obama and we will be out victoriously...

No we won't.

Golf Gator: Biden is not worse than Trump.

I'm not in charge of our troops....I can't bring them home or I would....I was in both Iraq and Afghanistan...and its no fun...I know what its like to go through the green zone gates without a porcelain insert because we don't have enough...Trump is trying to get us out...but you don't like him...you would rather have Obama's VP as president....that is stupid....

If Trump wanted us out, we would be out. you might have noticed that Trump pretty much does what he wants to do.

Our military is not underfunded. Since you served you know how much waste and mismanagement there is.

Also, we are adding a trillion dollars a year to the deficit, that is not all going to the DOD
Bush sent us into two wars when we were not ready to even fight one....Obama failed to increase military spending and our troops were left scrambling for spare parts...Trump has increased military sending and he had to placate Pelosi to get it...if you are worried about the deficit call Pelosi....anyone that is complaining about debt and the deficit are not thinking about our men and women in harms way...

No, we will talk to Trump, Ryan and McConnell.

Illegal aliens are the #1 cause of lower wages.

In an otherwise static environment, increasing the labor pool does depress wages.

There are other factors.

Government cost on business is a very real issue. Burger King bolted on an Obama tax hike. Taxes are not the only government cost, either. Regulation, non-discrimination laws etc. all add cost. The more cost imposed on business, the less there is for labor....

What works? What produced a great economy with real wage inflation??

FISCAL CONSERVATISM... cutting SPENDING and taxes. as we did in the 1990s.

What does not work?

Big spending/big government

Too bad neither party sees it that way... because neither party cares about the US at all.

Clinton raised taxes in the 90's. That's how republicans got the majority in 94.

Bush sent us into two wars when we were not ready to even fight one....Obama failed to increase military spending and our troops were left scrambling for spare parts...Trump has increased military sending and he had to placate Pelosi to get it...if you are worried about the deficit call Pelosi....anyone that is complaining about debt and the deficit are not thinking about our men and women in harms way...

No, we will talk to Trump, Ryan and McConnell.
But Pelosi is the one that is holding thins up...she won't even talk to Trump...she must be as childish as some of you....

We are not the only nation in the field dummy...we can't just pick up and leave for that reason and many more reasons....give Trump 8 years like Obama and we will be out victoriously...

There is no victory, if you have been there you should know that better than most.

What does victory in Afghanistan look like?

The day we finally leave it will revert back to the norm, within 2 years it will be like we had never been there.

There is no victory, if you have been there you should know that better than most.

The day we finally leave it will revert back to the norm, within 2 years it will be like we had never been there.
No you may be right there....We lost that egg a long time ago...all we can work towards now is not leaving Afghanistan in the same mess we left Iraq and Vietnam in...that will have to qualify as a victory....Like I said...Obama wasted 8 years sitting on this and using it for political reasons any way he could....

We were ready to fight the wars, that is why the wars were a total success, we went in and kicked the ass of our target. then we got stupid and tried to stay and force a new life upon them. What we were not ready to do was rebuild two countries while fighting against the locals tooth and nail for a decade...and we never should have tried.

Obama spent more on the military than Bush did, military spending under Obama was 15.37% higher than under Bush II.

The increase in defense spending accounts for less than 20% of the deficit last year. Using the military as an excuse to ignore the debt is a weak ass excuse. Just admit you are a big government statist and move on

No you may be right there....We lost that egg a long time ago...all we can work towards now is not leaving Afghanistan in the same mess we left Iraq and Vietnam in...that will have to qualify as a victory....Like I said...Obama wasted 8 years sitting on this and using it for political reasons any way he could....

And Trump is doing the same...they are very much alike

But but...OABAMA!!!

Obama didn't get us in there. He didn't distract from that effort by invading Iraq

Afghanistan is squarely on Republicans.

We were ready to fight the wars, that is why the wars were a total success, we went in and kicked the ass of our target. then we got stupid and tried to stay and force a new life upon them. What we were not ready to do was rebuild two countries while fighting against the locals tooth and nail for a decade...and we never should have tried.

Obama spent more on the military than Bush did, military spending under Obama was 15.37% higher than under Bush II.

The increase in defense spending accounts for less than 20% of the deficit last year. Using the military as an excuse to ignore the debt is a weak ass excuse. Just admit you are a big government statist and move on
Not so...we were never able to keep the peace in Iraq or Afghanistan...so we tried to buy them...buy them with expensive gifts and promises...When Bush sent a civilian in to Iraq to run things after the initial invasion I knew we were in trouble...you can't keep two mad dogs from killing each other...you can separate them but not forever...they will get at each other eventually...now we need to make a deal with the Taliban in order to pull out...a deal we know they will not comply with...but we have no other choice other than to just stay there indefinitely...
Trump knows that will not work...so he wants a deal and he wants our troops home...yet so many here and abroad want us to stay...

But but...OABAMA!!!

Obama didn't get us in there. He didn't distract from that effort by invading Iraq

I remember when Obama said he would take down bin Laden no matter where he was found. And Republicans called him naïve and inexperienced. And then when Obama took down bin Laden, those crummy Republicans try to take credit for it.

They’re doing the same exact thing with Obama‘s economy.

But what do you expect? Republicans have no policies besides take away healthcare from millions of Americans because it’s too expensive and give tax cuts for billionaires.

That’s pretty much it.

In the mid 1990s, with tax and spending cuts, the US achieved a budget surplus with a manageable $5 trillion debt.

Then W got elected...

Since then, deficits have ballooned, and the "US" media doesn't notice, and neither party cares...

Why?

Racking up the US debt doesn't hurt ISRAEL, the only country the "US" media, the Dems, and the GOP care about....
you'll never understand what happened at the beginning of 2000. You're a sad american not to know it. think, dot com!!!!

Say it ain't so.......of course I am the guy who thinks we are still in the great recession dead zone regardless of what either party says

Right. It is a recession for everyone but the feudal lords.

Cell service, cable, internet, electric. Rent seeking has gotten a lot easier being able to cut someone off without worrying about a pitchfork to the back.

But but...OABAMA!!!

I remember when Obama said he would take down bin Laden no matter where he was found. And Republicans called him naïve and inexperienced. And then when Obama took down bin Laden, those crummy Republicans try to take credit for it.

They’re doing the same exact thing with Obama‘s economy.

But what do you expect? Republicans have no policies besides take away healthcare from millions of Americans because it’s too expensive and give tax cuts for billionaires.

That’s pretty much it.
Who's healthcare did the republicans take away?...do you back up anything you say?...or do you just make shit up?....it was Obama that took my healthcare away...and my doctor of 25 years...

In an otherwise static environment, increasing the labor pool does depress wages.

There are other factors.

Government cost on business is a very real issue. Burger King bolted on an Obama tax hike. Taxes are not the only government cost, either. Regulation, non-discrimination laws etc. all add cost. The more cost imposed on business, the less there is for labor....

What works? What produced a great economy with real wage inflation??

FISCAL CONSERVATISM... cutting SPENDING and taxes. as we did in the 1990s.

What does not work?

Big spending/big government

Too bad neither party sees it that way... because neither party cares about the US at all.

Clinton raised taxes in the 90's. That's how republicans got the majority in 94.
And the first thing they did was impeach Clinton because he lied about getting a blowjob.
And the girl was in her 20s, she wasn’t even underage like Republicans mistresses.

I do not support any of them. If one of them wins I hope the Repubs hold the Senate.

All I hope for is that the Senate and the White House are under different parties control.

Other than that both sides suck ass and I have quit choosing between a punch to the head or one to the gut.
If you are successful in quelling Trump's chances you may as well vote for the dems....I don't believe you though....I think you are as liberal as one can get but are embarrassed as hell over it.....

You are free to believe whatever you like, I cannot help your ignorance... that is all on you.
Ignorance is working against your best interest because of ones personality and tweets....

Trump is not in my best interest. Trump’s stupid ass trade war has stagnated the financial markets slowing the growth of my 401ks and other investment accounts.
You know me. When Trump is wrong, I am all over his ass. I am beholden to NO ONE!!!

Do you think the actions take by Trump in the "trade war" will eventually help the U.S. economy and any way?

So far, the only positive I have seen helps a very limited sector of the economy, but has harmed the majority. What say ye?

Everyone assumes that the trade war is helping the manufacturing sector...

maybe not so much...

U.S. Manufacturing Sector Shrinks for First Time Since 2009

U.S. factory activity contracted in August for the first time since September 2009 as new orders shrank, consistent with an ongoing global manufacturing slump.

The IHS Markit manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index slipped to 49.9 from a final July reading of 50.4, according to a preliminary August report Thursday that trailed all estimates in Bloomberg’s survey of economists. Factory employment stagnated on the heels of weaker orders and subdued outp
ut.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Labor Department is one department still filled with Obama clowns...and please....USA Today?...it must be hard to debate a political point for libs since all of their sources are fake news liars....

Well here it is taken off the front page of drudge to market watch the orange buffoon has fooled you again. What a sheep tard.

U.S. created 500,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show
You guys can dig and post all the scare tactic stories about the economy all the way up to November 2020...the people know better....we are better off under Trump than Obama....you will never be able to change that....The Labor Dept is full of shit...period....

You're being led off a cliff and last time I looked the Department of Labor is in the your orange buffoons administration.
30% of the ferderal government is still under the control of Obama appointees...and the dept of labor is one of them...they get laughed at by the rest of the government for their idiotic predictions and claims of doom and disaster...

Obama and his appointees are the reason the economy hasn't tanked from Trump's chaotic antics.

Trump appointees keep falling on their swords.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Donald Trump fantasy is unraveling as the economy is rising at the rate that Obama created. Donald Trump has done nothing positive for the economy and it is arguable that his effect has been negative in regard to tariffs and military spending.

Donald Trump has one level of expertise that has featured in the US economy. That is debt.

US debt is rising faster than any other economic indicator.

DZgAiubVQAYoM7H.jpg

Paul Davidson, USA TODAY Published 3:49 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2019 | Updated 5:20 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2019

The labor market seemed to defy gravity last year, generating more than 200,000 jobs a month despite a historically low unemployment rate that made it harder for employers to find workers.
Turns out job growth wasn’t as robust as it appeared.

The Labor Department revised down total job gains from April 2018 to March 2019 by 501,000, the agency said Wednesday, the largest downward revision in a decade.

The agency’s annual benchmark revision is based on state unemployment insurance records that reflect actual payrolls while its earlier estimates are derived from surveys. The preliminary figure could be revised further early next year.

The large change means job growth averaged 170,000 a month during the 12-month period, down from the 210,000 initially estimated, according to JPMorgan Chase.

Employment in several industries was revised down especially sharply. Payrolls dropped 175,000 in leisure and hospitality, and 146,000 in retail – two bellwether service sectors that depend heavily on consumer spending, the economy’s main engine.
Employment also fell by 163,000 in professional and business services and 69,000 in education and health services.
Some industries saw their job figures revised up modestly, with a gain of 33,000 in information – including movies, broadcasting, publishing, telecommunications and some technology services – and 20,000 in financial activities.
The revised payroll data is more in line with what economists had expected at the start of 2018 in light of the roughly 4% unemployment rate that signaled fewer available workers, and an aging population.
"The mystery was how the economy is continuing to get 200,000 jobs a month," says economist James Marple of TD economics. "It's less of a mystery now."

The new figures also could have political implications. President Trump regularly touted last year's blockbuster job figures, which many economists traced to the federal tax cuts and spending increases he spearheaded. The economy did grow 2.9% last year, matching its best performance since the 2007-09 recession. But growth has slowed this year and the jobs revisions indicate the economy may have had less momentum than believed heading into 2019.
"It's a moderate economy," says Joe Naroff, chief economist of Naroff Economic Advisors. "It's not a strong economy." ...

Think WETBACKS....the disgusting pet humans lie at the root of every single one of this nations problems.
1/3 of this nations population is comprised of illegal thirdworld filth and those will illegal thirdworld roots....No nation could sustain any level of vast prosperity under the same circumstances....NONE!
I have said this repeatedly.

The jobs market and wage problem is DIRECTLY caused by employers breaking employment laws and evading taxes by hiring illegal workers, which is driving down wages for Americans.

Trump exemplifies employers who employ illegals with impunity.

Forum List

Back