US has half a million fewer jobs than believed after big government revision

If racking up the National Debt is the mark of a great President, then Obama and W were the top 2....

If racking up the National Debt is actually bad for America, theh W and O were the worst 2....

Trump is adding debt faster than Obama did.
No he isn't...but I've told you Obama was costly...we will be paying for his fuck ups for years....

Yes he is. I have posted the numbers twice in the last week. Will is so again when I get to my computer.

The Donald Trump fantasy is unraveling as the economy is rising at the rate that Obama created. Donald Trump has done nothing positive for the economy and it is arguable that his effect has been negative in regard to tariffs and military spending.

Donald Trump has one level of expertise that has featured in the US economy. That is debt.

US debt is rising faster than any other economic indicator.

DZgAiubVQAYoM7H.jpg

Paul Davidson, USA TODAY Published 3:49 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2019 | Updated 5:20 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2019

The labor market seemed to defy gravity last year, generating more than 200,000 jobs a month despite a historically low unemployment rate that made it harder for employers to find workers.
Turns out job growth wasn’t as robust as it appeared.

The Labor Department revised down total job gains from April 2018 to March 2019 by 501,000, the agency said Wednesday, the largest downward revision in a decade.

The agency’s annual benchmark revision is based on state unemployment insurance records that reflect actual payrolls while its earlier estimates are derived from surveys. The preliminary figure could be revised further early next year.

The large change means job growth averaged 170,000 a month during the 12-month period, down from the 210,000 initially estimated, according to JPMorgan Chase.

Employment in several industries was revised down especially sharply. Payrolls dropped 175,000 in leisure and hospitality, and 146,000 in retail – two bellwether service sectors that depend heavily on consumer spending, the economy’s main engine.
Employment also fell by 163,000 in professional and business services and 69,000 in education and health services.
Some industries saw their job figures revised up modestly, with a gain of 33,000 in information – including movies, broadcasting, publishing, telecommunications and some technology services – and 20,000 in financial activities.
The revised payroll data is more in line with what economists had expected at the start of 2018 in light of the roughly 4% unemployment rate that signaled fewer available workers, and an aging population.
"The mystery was how the economy is continuing to get 200,000 jobs a month," says economist James Marple of TD economics. "It's less of a mystery now."

The new figures also could have political implications. President Trump regularly touted last year's blockbuster job figures, which many economists traced to the federal tax cuts and spending increases he spearheaded. The economy did grow 2.9% last year, matching its best performance since the 2007-09 recession. But growth has slowed this year and the jobs revisions indicate the economy may have had less momentum than believed heading into 2019.
"It's a moderate economy," says Joe Naroff, chief economist of Naroff Economic Advisors. "It's not a strong economy." ...
You may win but many will never ever believ you anymore. Hell, we are betting on a few nuked blue cities....When you want something bad enough it will happen. But you know all about that.

You would not know a true leader if one bit you on the ass. Trump is no leader
Really?...he seems to be doing a pretty good job....

He is not as bad as the last two, I will give him that, but a leader he is not. He is a boss, not a leader.
Then why do you fight so hard to go back to the last guy's policies?....because if a dem wins that is what will happen....record high unemployment and a recession due to high taxes and regulation....and most likely a war that will never end...I don''t get you man....

I have never backed the last guys policies, why do you insist on lying
What do you think will happen if Warren wins?...or Bernie?...or freaking Obama's VP?...

In the mid 1990s, with tax and spending cuts, the US achieved a budget surplus with a manageable $5 trillion debt.

Then W got elected...

Since then, deficits have ballooned, and the "US" media doesn't notice, and neither party cares...

Why?

Racking up the US debt doesn't hurt ISRAEL, the only country the "US" media, the Dems, and the GOP care about....

The Labor Department is one department still filled with Obama clowns...and please....USA Today?...it must be hard to debate a political point for libs since all of their sources are fake news liars....

Gee, when they were posting good news, you liked them a lot. The moment it looks bad for Dumb Donald, it's time to shoot the messenger. Except that they're hardly the fake news site you're portraying them as:

USA Today - Media Bias/Fact Check

Why are we not surprised that Trump is lying about his job creation statistics. He's lied about everything else.

190,000 looks bad? It doesn't look bad either way.

In the mid 1990s, with tax and spending cuts, the US achieved a budget surplus with a manageable $5 trillion debt.

Then W got elected...

Since then, deficits have ballooned, and the "US" media doesn't notice, and neither party cares...

Why?

Racking up the US debt doesn't hurt ISRAEL, the only country the "US" media, the Dems, and the GOP care about....
The internet was a boom for our economy...then it tapered off and Gore lost to Bush because of a faltering economy...look it up for yourself....your timeline is off....

You would not know a true leader if one bit you on the ass. Trump is no leader

He is not as bad as the last two, I will give him that, but a leader he is not. He is a boss, not a leader.
Then why do you fight so hard to go back to the last guy's policies?....because if a dem wins that is what will happen....record high unemployment and a recession due to high taxes and regulation....and most likely a war that will never end...I don''t get you man....

What do you think will happen if Warren wins?...or Bernie?...or freaking Obama's VP?...

I do not support any of them. If one of them wins I hope the Repubs hold the Senate.

All I hope for is that the Senate and the White House are under different parties control.

Other than that both sides suck ass and I have quit choosing between a punch to the head or one to the gut.

The internet was a boom for our economy...then it tapered off and Gore lost to Bush because of a faltering economy...look it up for yourself....your timeline is off....

Why Gore lost is not an issue here.

The point is that the US was solvent when the US government controlled Federal Spending.

Once W got elected, Federal Spending exploded, as did the debt. O is part of W's legacy, as had W behaved like a Reagan/Gingrich fiscal conservative and patriotic America, there is no housing bust, no Obama, and the debt would be under $10 trillion instead of over $22 and rising.

The GOP ceased to be a fiscally conservative party in 1998.

The US has paid dearly for it....

Mercatus Center

I do not support any of them. If one of them wins I hope the Repubs hold the Senate.

All I hope for is that the Senate and the White House are under different parties control.

Other than that both sides suck ass and I have quit choosing between a punch to the head or one to the gut.
If you are successful in quelling Trump's chances you may as well vote for the dems....I don't believe you though....I think you are as liberal as one can get but are embarrassed as hell over it.....

The point is that the US was solvent when the US government controlled Federal Spending.

Once W got elected, Federal Spending exploded, as did the debt. O is part of W's legacy, as had W behaved like a Reagan/Gingrich fiscal conservative and patriotic America, there is no housing bust, no Obama, and the debt would be under $10 trillion instead of over $22 and rising.

Mercatus Center
Please no more made up BS charts....

If you are successful in quelling Trump's chances you may as well vote for the dems....I don't believe you though....I think you are as liberal as one can get but are embarrassed as hell over it.....

You are free to believe whatever you like, I cannot help your ignorance... that is all on you.

Mercatus Center

Classic Trump worshiper...deny all facts and stick your head up Trump’s ass to avoid them

You are free to believe whatever you like, I cannot help your ignorance... that is all on you.
Ignorance is working against your best interest because of ones personality and tweets....

Mercatus Center

Classic Trump worshiper...deny all facts and stick your head up Trump’s ass to avoid them
Facts?...with government and media sourced charts and graphs?....lmao...

Please no more made up BS charts...

Yeah, as long as both the GOP and Dems are 100% for big spending and big government, who cares??

You don't...

It would be amazing to poll Obama supporters with the following question....

How much Federal Debt was added during his tenure as Prez?

Most of them either don't know or would lie....

Ignorance is working against your best interest because of ones personality and tweets....

Trump is not in my best interest. Trump’s stupid ass trade war has stagnated the financial markets slowing the growth of my 401ks and other investment accounts.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Donald Trump fantasy is unraveling as the economy is rising at the rate that Obama created. Donald Trump has done nothing positive for the economy and it is arguable that his effect has been negative in regard to tariffs and military spending.

Donald Trump has one level of expertise that has featured in the US economy. That is debt.

US debt is rising faster than any other economic indicator.

DZgAiubVQAYoM7H.jpg

Paul Davidson, USA TODAY Published 3:49 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2019 | Updated 5:20 p.m. ET Aug. 21, 2019

The labor market seemed to defy gravity last year, generating more than 200,000 jobs a month despite a historically low unemployment rate that made it harder for employers to find workers.
Turns out job growth wasn’t as robust as it appeared.

The Labor Department revised down total job gains from April 2018 to March 2019 by 501,000, the agency said Wednesday, the largest downward revision in a decade.

The agency’s annual benchmark revision is based on state unemployment insurance records that reflect actual payrolls while its earlier estimates are derived from surveys. The preliminary figure could be revised further early next year.

The large change means job growth averaged 170,000 a month during the 12-month period, down from the 210,000 initially estimated, according to JPMorgan Chase.

Employment in several industries was revised down especially sharply. Payrolls dropped 175,000 in leisure and hospitality, and 146,000 in retail – two bellwether service sectors that depend heavily on consumer spending, the economy’s main engine.
Employment also fell by 163,000 in professional and business services and 69,000 in education and health services.
Some industries saw their job figures revised up modestly, with a gain of 33,000 in information – including movies, broadcasting, publishing, telecommunications and some technology services – and 20,000 in financial activities.
The revised payroll data is more in line with what economists had expected at the start of 2018 in light of the roughly 4% unemployment rate that signaled fewer available workers, and an aging population.
"The mystery was how the economy is continuing to get 200,000 jobs a month," says economist James Marple of TD economics. "It's less of a mystery now."

The new figures also could have political implications. President Trump regularly touted last year's blockbuster job figures, which many economists traced to the federal tax cuts and spending increases he spearheaded. The economy did grow 2.9% last year, matching its best performance since the 2007-09 recession. But growth has slowed this year and the jobs revisions indicate the economy may have had less momentum than believed heading into 2019.
"It's a moderate economy," says Joe Naroff, chief economist of Naroff Economic Advisors. "It's not a strong economy." ...

Think WETBACKS....the disgusting pet humans lie at the root of every single one of this nations problems.
1/3 of this nations population is comprised of illegal thirdworld filth and those will illegal thirdworld roots....No nation could sustain any level of vast prosperity under the same circumstances....NONE!
I have said this repeatedly.

The jobs market and wage problem is DIRECTLY caused by employers breaking employment laws and evading taxes by hiring illegal workers, which is driving down wages for Americans.

Illegal aliens are the #1 cause of lower wages.

Mercatus Center

Facts?...with government and media sourced charts and graphs?....lmao...

Where other than the government would one get data on government spending and revenue?

Now you are just being stupid. When the government tells you Obama added 9 trillion dollars to the debt you do not call them lairs...

You never call Trump a lair for using the government provided UE rate.

Trump is not in my best interest. Trump’s stupid ass trade war has stagnated the financial markets slowing the growth of my 401ks and other investment accounts.
You know me. When Trump is wrong, I am all over his ass. I am beholden to NO ONE!!!

Do you think the actions take by Trump in the "trade war" will eventually help the U.S. economy and any way?

So far, the only positive I have seen helps a very limited sector of the economy, but has harmed the majority. What say ye?

Illegal aliens are the #1 cause of lower wages.

In an otherwise static environment, increasing the labor pool does depress wages.

There are other factors.

Government cost on business is a very real issue. Burger King bolted on an Obama tax hike. Taxes are not the only government cost, either. Regulation, non-discrimination laws etc. all add cost. The more cost imposed on business, the less there is for labor....

What works? What produced a great economy with real wage inflation??

FISCAL CONSERVATISM... cutting SPENDING and taxes. as we did in the 1990s.

What does not work?

Big spending/big government

Too bad neither party sees it that way... because neither party cares about the US at all.

Forum List

Back