US Attorney: Feds Have Opened 300 ‘Domestic Terror’ Investigations Following Riots

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Justice Department officials told a hearing, chaired by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), that investigators have opened around 300 “domestic terror” cases as a result of the riots that arose following national anti-racism and anti-police brutality protests in June and July.

Cruz is hosting a Congressional inquiry into the role of Antifa or other anarchist groups in organizing, directing, and even arming riots that took place in a number of major cities, including in places like Seattle, Washington, and Portland, Oregon, where the unrest continues.

BJ-
You would think that the Democrats that are in favor of the peaceful protests would be all for this, yes?

How naive of the Trump supporters here to believe these will be fair, not frame-up investigations. Since when have the feds ever been fair?

I personally expect little from the FBI. Their case officers are often ambitious, sometimes corrupt, and almost always rightwing and Republican-voting, as are most police. As always there will be pressure to win convictions, and right now the Trump Administration is naturally applying pressure to tie criminal activity to political leaders and left organizations. There will be inevitable pressure to buy testimony to make cases, especially easy to do when dealing with common black criminals and looters who were arrested. I remember the prosecutions, and government executions, of Black Panthers In the late 1960s. I myself was investigated for my anti-Vietnam War work in that period and later too.

Even so, I will await the final results. There are reportedly many cases of white nationalist pro-“race war,” and anti-police white criminal elements, who joined in violent rioting in some cities. These may already be subjects of a few actual investigations, as local police and the Feds know from hard experience how dangerous white domestic terrorists can sometimes be.

Of course there are also rightwing racists and anti-government elements who sometimes disguise themselves and infiltrate into popular local or regional, mostly rural or suburban, heavily armed “militia,” who should also be investigated if they are found to make trouble as provocateurs or go out of their way to confront peaceful demonstrators..

We shall see what we shall see. The hype in the press — mainstream and alt-right — is one thing. The reality is another. The partisan political posturing still another. Police and Federal investigations, their conduct in gathering evidence, their success in getting convictions ... something else again.

Last edited:
How naive of the Trump supporters here to believe these will be fair, not frame-up investigations. Since when have the feds ever been fair?

I personally expect little from the FBI. Their case officers are often ambitious, sometimes corrupt, and almost always rightwing and Republican-voting, as are most police. As always there will be pressure to win convictions, and right now the Trump Administration is naturally applying pressure to tie criminal activity to political leaders and left organizations. There will be inevitable pressure to buy testimony to make cases, especially easy to do when dealing with common black criminals and looters who were arrested. I remember the prosecutions, and government executions, of Black Panthers In the late 1960s. I myself was investigated for my anti-Vietnam War work in that period and later too.

Even so, I will await the final results. There are reportedly many cases of white nationalist pro-“race war,” and anti-police white criminal elements, who joined in violent rioting in some cities. These may already be subjects of a few actual investigations, as local police and the Feds know from hard experience how dangerous white domestic terrorists can sometimes be.

Of course there are also rightwing racists and anti-government elements who sometimes disguise themselves and infiltrate into popular local or regional, mostly rural or suburban, heavily armed “militia,” who should also be investigated if they are found to make trouble as provocateurs or go out of their way to confront peaceful demonstrators..

We shall see what we shall see. The hype in the press — mainstream and alt-right — is one thing. The reality is another. The partisan political posturing still another. Police and Federal investigations, their conduct in gathering evidence, their success in getting convictions ... something else again.

you got a citation regarding the overwhelming republican party affiliation of policemen? How about mailmen? As to the "HYPE IN THE PRESS"-----to what HYPE do you refer?

That's some funny shit, Tom! You're still pushing the narrative that the violence was really caused by "rightwing racists and anti police white criminal elements"? Good luck getting anyone with half a brain to buy THAT!

The truth is...the reason why the left wants to get rid of the Police is that they are one of the few segments of Government that THEY don't control completely! They don't care if anarchy rules in the streets if that were ever to happen! They'd have more power and that's all that they care about!

Forum List

Back