US Army’s Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

Cheap Is for Chumps

The Pittsburgh Pirates have finished with a winning record only four times in the last 30 years. They have usually had one of baseball's lowest payrolls.

The Federal minimum wage has only been lower than it is now 3 times since 1955, including 1955; the other two years were 2005 and 2006. And, keep in mind real inflation for the unwashed masses is about twice the rate the government claims; they have a vested interest in lying about it same as corporate liars do.

Last edited:
A Seed Doesn't Grow in Sand

Long before Reagan and Carter, the middle class was destroyed by the unmanly mandate, 'TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION." Notice that it doesn't say, "to do a good job." All workers are dependent on the competence of those put in charge of them.

What gives the plutocratic parasites the right to tell the rest of us what to do? We should tell them, "If you want good employees, pay them while they are being educated. Pay them the same allowance and paid-up tuition that you give your sons."

Ah but these 'conservatives' don't believe companies should have to pay for training their own employees. That's Old School thinking. It hurts dividends for all the fat asses that do nothing all day.

For rich kids, Daddy just makes them 'Vice Presidents' while they're in college and write their allowances off on their taxes, what little they pay.

Well, ther eis no real shortage; what they mean is they can't find enough black or brown seat warmers they can pay to sit around and do nothing but fill a quota to get government contracts.
Sacrifice Has No Merit, Except to the Economic Bullies

Even more important is the color of the no-talent brown noses who suck their thumbs in college, working without pay there because they're afraid to grow up.

Last edited:
Ah but these 'conservatives' don't believe companies should have to pay for training their own employees. That's Old School thinking. It hurts dividends for all the fat asses that do nothing all day.

For rich kids, Daddy just makes them 'Vice Presidents' while they're in college and write their allowances off on their taxes, what little they pay.
Two Herds of Royal Donkephants

Liberals also believe in unpaid education. Their free-tuition offer will get the same defective results because it's not about tuition; it's about work-without-pay, which is ignored on both sides of the evil aisle. That indicates they are both run by richkids who got a high allowance in college and don't want that sperm-lottery prize to be emphasized, because they would have become nobodies without Daddy's Money.

Anyone who thinks that way should look into apprenticeships in the skilled construction trades.
lol they can find Mexicans all day long for $8-$9 an hour. Why pay a citizen with rights when you can hire an illegal and work them overtime without having to pay overtime or minimum wage?

Sure, for unskilled grunt work.

But skilled tradesmen, requiring state certification, are another matter.

The Federal minimum wage has only been lower than it is now 3 times since 1955, including 1955; the other two years were 2005 and 2006. And, keep in mind real inflation for the unwashed masses is about twice the rate the government claims; they have a vested interest in lying about it same as corporate liars do.
Liberals Are Agents of the Right Wing They Were Born In

They should have unionized instead of relying on the snobbish Democrats to increase their wages. MLK was hired by the Preppy Progressives to force incompatible races together in the workplace in order to destroy union solidarity. JFK and his brat brother put the most effective union leader, Jimmy Hoffa, in prison.

In a republic, political means are useless except to the elite. So "do it on your own" also applies to groups. Self-initiative is suicidal if its extremist version results in a confrontation of Man Against Millionaire. Only the power of numbers can defeat the power of money or political bribery.

US Army’s Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

The US Army has a major recruiting problem and can’t…
16 Sep 2022

US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge
The US Army has a major recruiting problem and can't find enough young people who meet the basic requirements to enlist, according to Army Times.
Lt. Gen. Maria Gervais, second in command for Army Training and Doctrine Command, sounded off Thursday about the troubling developments. She highlighted disqualification rates for potential recruits jumped from 30-40% (pre-Covid) to a whopping 70% this year due to obesity, low test scores, and/or drug use.
Gervais pointed out the service has experienced a "nosedive" in recruits since July 2021. She explained Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) scores were 10% lower during the virus pandemic in 2020-21. That figure has since increased to 13% for the most recent high school graduating class.
~Snip~
Besides failing to meet academic standards, obesity was another driver of higher disqualification rates. Also, increasing drug use among youngsters didn't help.
The challenges of today's youth put combat preparedness in question as liberal war hawks are determined to spark World War III in Ukraine and or in the Taiwan Strait.
At least the youth have one thing going for them: obsession with violent video games has desensitized an entire generation to all sorts of violence where war might not be a big shock.
Remember, the service's recruitment crisis has been an ongoing issue but has worsened in the last few years. We pointed out it's "another signal of declining support for the federal government and its institutions."
Maybe because the military has gotten too 'woke'? You know the saying: "go woke, go broke" -- this can also happen to empires...
The shrinking pool of eligible youth due to obesity, low test scores, or drug use should be a national security threat to US health and security.

Commentary:
Why should the Army worry about recruitment?
Or, is woke Emma with the two moms not nearly as powerful as we were led to believe?
Meanwhile for nearly two years the Delaware Demented Dolt got rid of thousands of highly experienced soldiers who were unvaxed.
The ASVAB is indexed to a 10th grade education level of knowledge. To get in the army a score of the 35th percentile or higher was required.
The two branches that demanded higher scores (>55) are the Air Force and the Marines.

No conservative in his right mind would join a Dementia led military. That would be stupid.
It’s not a military anymore, thanks to Biden. Milley and Austin. It’s now a liberal political entity that normal people reject and now patriotic families are dissuading their kids from joining, and military families are starting new legacies. Nice work Brandon.

You are dead wrong!
  • The Air Force requires a minimum AFQT score of 36.
  • The Army requires a minimum AFQT score of 31.
  • The Coast Guard requires a minimum AFQT score of 36.
  • The Marine Corps require a minimum AFQT score of 31.
  • The Navy requires a minimum AFQT score of 35
  • Minimum ASVAB (AFQT) Score for each Branch of the Military
I knew you were wrong because I spent 4 years recruiting for the Army and 3 years recruiting for the Navy.

Yes, we have an immigration policy that doesn't recognize the reality that when you have labor requirements on one side of a border and people needing work on the other, you are going to have illegal immigration. We could end illegal immigration by simply going hard after the people who hire them, but we don't. They're white people!!!

I think we should conscript Mormons, but them in an elite vanguard unit, and forget to supply them. Their magic underwear will protect them!!!

On a serious note... we already have a policy of using the poor and people of color to fight our wars, instead of the people who actually benefit from war. Maybe if the children of the rich and affluent were the ones doing the fighting, we wouldn't have wars dragging on for 20 years.

Actually, it was kind of the opposite. During wartime, a lot of people tried to get out of the military by claiming to be LGBTQ. But when the military needed the bodies, especially such as a time like Vietnam, where people were outright resisting the draft, the military turned a blind eye to it. It was entirely up to the Commander whether or not to discharge the service member. When we shifted to a peacetime military, and those position became "Free Scholarships", a lot of those gay dudes got drummed out of the service even if they had exemplary records.

Your prejudice against Mormons is stupid.

What happened, did Mommy run off with a Mormon and left you and Daddy alone?

Actually, giving them a living wage of $15.00 an hour would give them a salary of $31,200.

And it wouldn't raise the price of a cheeseburger that much.

If the minimum wage were increased to $15 an hour, prices at fast food restaurants would rise by an estimated 4.3 percent, according to a new study. That would mean a McDonald’s Big Mac, which currently goes for $3.99, would cost about 17 cents more, or $4.16.

But here's the thing... We are already paying for that Big Mac. When those minimum wage workers get SNAP, Section 8, and Medicaid because they can't afford food, rent or health insurance, THE REST OF US ARE PAYING FOR THAT!

Last Condo I complex I lived in, we had about 30 families on Section 8. One lady would come home from her job at Portillo's, and I know she couldn't afford the rent there (about $1200 a month) on a Portillo's salary.

This is where you are confused, Kids don't do those kinds of jobs anymore. Not after Covid anyway... when "Dying from a horrible disease Trump didn't contain" became a bigger deal to their parents than "Earning a little money to learn responsibility".

so those jobs go to the working poor... if they can find the working poor. I know a lot restaurants are chronically understaffed right now.

A Big Mac is $5.89 at my local McDonald's. Let's try to stay current, shall we?

Really? When did taxes go up? Did I miss a memo? Spending is up, sure. You have to increase spending when you just got hit by a huge disaster like we did. But where are these taxes you are whining about?

Not really. Not that we've even tried that.

I've already explained to you that the cost of a Big Mac will not go up that much if you increase to a living wage. But you are paying for that burger regardless. I'm paying for that burger, and I don't even go to McDonalds.

Oh, I probably make more money than you do.. but I have compassion. Something you clearly lack.

You lied!

Forum List

Back