Urban Outfitters asks employees to work for free. Thanks illegals.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This is what obama's open borders gets you. We have such a worker glut, that employees are expected to work for free!!

Urban Outfitters asks employees to work for free

oct 8 2015 With the peak shopping season approaching, Urban Outfitters is asking its employees to pitch in a bit more on the weekends. But there's a catch: they won't get paid for it.

In an email obtained by Gawker this week, the Philadelphia-based retailer told salaried employees that it was looking for weekend volunteers to help "pick, pack and prepare packages" for wholesale and direct customers.

Urban Outfitters, which operates its namesake brand along with Anthropologie and Free People said it would be a great "team building activity." Employees can sign up throughout the five weekends during the busy month of October. The company will offer transportation and lunch to those willing to show a little team spirit.

This is what obama's open borders gets you. We have such a worker glut, that employees are expected to work for free!!

oct 8 2015 With the peak shopping season approaching, Urban Outfitters is asking its employees to pitch in a bit more on the weekends. But there's a catch: they won't get paid for it.

In an email obtained by Gawker this week, the Philadelphia-based retailer told salaried employees that it was looking for weekend volunteers to help "pick, pack and prepare packages" for wholesale and direct customers.

Urban Outfitters, which operates its namesake brand along with Anthropologie and Free People said it would be a great "team building activity." Employees can sign up throughout the five weekends during the busy month of October. The company will offer transportation and lunch to those willing to show a little team spirit.
Should we educate labor and have them ask for an illegal CEO so they can get a pay raise?

Yo, that is what happens when you are paid a salary, this is the only way the Company can abuse you, just fact!

"GTP"

Salaried employees don't work for free.

Jeez, these Republicans. Every time they say something this stupid, I just assume that Republican doesn't have a job. If they did, they would know better.

Jeez, these Republicans. Every time they say something this stupid, I just assume that Republican doesn't have a job. If they did, they would know better.

Yo, are you living out of your car? Damn you are dumb!!!

"GTP"

• Banned
Yo, that is what happens when you are paid a salary, this is the only way the Company can abuse you, just fact!
HAHAHA. Liberals now tell us its NORMAL for people to work for free.!!! Anything but admit the truth that illegals are destroying the jobs of citizens.

HAHAHA. Liberals now tell us its NORMAL for people to work for free.!!! Anything but admit the truth that illegals are destroying the jobs of citizens.

Yo, about illegals? It`s true, the Blacks are being hit the hardest by unemployment! But when you are paid a salary every week, the same amount of money every week, the employer will use you to no end!

"GTP"

When someone accepts a salary, they can expect to work more when needed. They can also usually get time off when things are slower or they have something unexpected come up. Perks work both ways.

Much of my working life was spent "on salary". Most of that time was great. The fringe benefits and bonuses more than made up for the "free" time I gave the company. (I'll call anything over 50hrs./wk free time). Things started changing (for the worse) though when our country started importing the union busting ideology you guys embraced around the time of Reagan. When we didn't have the good guaranteed wages and benefits of our crews as a base, gee, all of a sudden there seemed to be less motivation for the company to treat us so well. Eventually it started to feel like putting in a few hrs. on Sunday to make sure everything was ready to go Monday morning actually was something I was giving away for free.

"GTP"
Of course not. I'm a salaried employee.

There are pluses and minuses. If you get sick, you are still paid. You are guaranteed your pay for the year. You don't have a time card. Show up for 15 minutes and you get paid for the entire day. You generally get paid more.
The cons - if you work overtime, you don't get time and a half and you are expected to work overtime when the need arises.

Yo, about illegals? It`s true, the Blacks are being hit the hardest by unemployment! But when you are paid a salary every week, the same amount of money every week, the employer will use you to no end!

"GTP"
That is such bullshit. That's why I don't believe you even have a job. Salaried employees are generally better educated and skilled. I worked for a place where they expected the engineers to work over time every day. In fact, one of the engineers kept a time sheet and figured out they work two extra months in one year.
Out of the 15 engineers, 7 left. Management completely changed it's tune. It's way easier to get a job while employed. And that gave the engineers bargaining power.

Note that they are talking about salaried employees not hourly. This has nothing to do with Obama or open border and has been a practice for decades.
So I don't waste any more of bandwidth I just have to use post #11 the + & - of a salaried employees. Time to time I do asked my salaried employees to work outside their job descriptions like help out during once a year inventory on weekend, end of quarter shipments of products to Fedex centers, entertain my guest, help out empty shipping containers after pier strike at Long Beach in west coast.
If this company is asking their salary employees to help out it only mean one thing. There is an anticipation that they sales will be good and good indication that economy is good. Now SS... that you can blame it on Obama.

"GTP"
Of course not. I'm a salaried employee.

There are pluses and minuses. If you get sick, you are still paid. You are guaranteed your pay for the year. You don't have a time card. Show up for 15 minutes and you get paid for the entire day. You generally get paid more.
The cons - if you work overtime, you don't get time and a half and you are expected to work overtime when the need arises.

Yo, Dunce?
Dunce-cap-in-corner (1).jpg

"GTP"

Forum List

Back