UPenn, Princeton apologize after remains from 1985 Philadelphia bombing were used without families' knowledge

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Two Ivy League universities have apologized after the remains of a pair of children killed in a 1985 bombing in Philadelphia were kept by researchers for decades without the knowledge of the families.

The MOVE bombing, conducted by city police, killed six adults and five children linked to a Black anarcho-primitivist militant group. And it sparked an inferno that incinerated more than 60 nearby homes.

The remains of two of the children, 14-year-old Tree and 13-year-old Delisha Africa, were believed to have been buried in 1985, according to a petition from surviving MOVE members, who all use Africa as their last name.

This pisses me off. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks came out in 2010 and it's actually pretty mind-blowing. That was the response to that book. It is now 2021 and they are just now getting around to dealing with this?

Two Ivy League universities have apologized after the remains of a pair of children killed in a 1985 bombing in Philadelphia were kept by researchers for decades without the knowledge of the families.

The MOVE bombing, conducted by city police, killed six adults and five children linked to a Black anarcho-primitivist militant group. And it sparked an inferno that incinerated more than 60 nearby homes.

The remains of two of the children, 14-year-old Tree and 13-year-old Delisha Africa, were believed to have been buried in 1985, according to a petition from surviving MOVE members, who all use Africa as their last name.

This pisses me off. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks came out in 2010 and it's actually pretty mind-blowing. That was the response to that book. It is now 2021 and they are just now getting around to dealing with this?
You know this thing of bombing and burning black neighborhoods doesn't sit well with me. Have they ever done this to white people?

Forum List

Back