"United we stand, divided we fail"

President Lincoln understood the south: RACISM and SLAVERY.
At the end of the Civll War Lincoln wanted to force all the blacks in America onto boats and ship them back to Africa.
Bullshit ^^^!!! One more example that haters and liars dominate this message board.

See and read this entire link:

“If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,–to their own native land. But a moment’s reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days."

"Still, the United States did not recognize Liberia as an independent nation until 1862, during the American Civil War. That year, enslaved people in Washington, D.C. won their freedom, and Congress approved funds to relocate those who wanted to move to Liberia or Central America. President Abraham Lincoln still believed at this late date that voluntary colonization should go hand-in-hand with emancipation because he thought black and white people couldn’t live equally in the same country. Later in the war, however, Lincoln abandoned the idea of colonization and publicly supported black men gaining the right to vote.
I give you Lincoln's letter to Horace Greely:

Hon. Horace Greely: Executive Mansion,
Dear Sir Washington, August 22, 1862.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I “seem to be pursuing” as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be “the Union as it was.” If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free. Yours,

A. LINCOLN

A breath of fresh air after listening for four years to the narcissistic self serving trump.

Really? Did you actually READ the letter to Greely?........Good lord....

Food for thought:

"United we Stand, divided we fail". The Motto of the Kentucky? How would the people of Kentucky allow McConnell to continue to divide We the People?

Umm...it's actually "United We Stand, Divided we FALL"
mea culpa, I checked the quote in the Pocket Book of Quotations and the print was too small. I didn't have my reading glasses thus I mistook the i for the l.

Last edited:

At the end of the Civll War Lincoln wanted to force all the blacks in America onto boats and ship them back to Africa.
Bullshit ^^^!!! One more example that haters and liars dominate this message board.

“If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,–to their own native land. But a moment’s reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days."

"Still, the United States did not recognize Liberia as an independent nation until 1862, during the American Civil War. That year, enslaved people in Washington, D.C. won their freedom, and Congress approved funds to relocate those who wanted to move to Liberia or Central America. President Abraham Lincoln still believed at this late date that voluntary colonization should go hand-in-hand with emancipation because he thought black and white people couldn’t live equally in the same country. Later in the war, however, Lincoln abandoned the idea of colonization and publicly supported black men gaining the right to vote.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I “seem to be pursuing” as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be “the Union as it was.” If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free. Yours,

A. LINCOLN

A breath of fresh air after listening for four years to the narcissistic self serving trump.

Yep. Do you infer otherwise? if so, please elucidate.

A. LINCOLN

Short answer - Lincoln didn't give a hoot about freeing the slaves. It was merely a means to an end.

A. LINCOLN

Short answer - Lincoln didn't give a hoot about freeing the slaves. It was merely a means to an end.
Lincoln was faced with saving the Union. That was his Constitutional Duty! That was clear in his letter to Greely. It was not merely a means to an end, it was the only end a president was by oath to work to achieve; he succeeded, and he emancipated the slaves.

Food for thought:

"United we Stand, divided we fail". The Motto of the Kentucky? How would the people of Kentucky allow McConnell to continue to divide We the People?
I don't see either major party trying to unify the nation. All they're after is a slim majority - just enough to stay in power, but no more.
I suggest you take a longer look.

Food for thought:

Not much chicken on that bone.

A. LINCOLN

Lincoln's views on slavery changed from his 1860 campaign to when he was assassinated. Even more so than JFK's assassination, the country is left with a huge .... maybe.

Food for thought:

I don't see either major party trying to unify the nation. All they're after is a slim majority - just enough to stay in power, but no more.
The dems are making a concerted effort to enact things to benefit the middle class and a working not quite middle class. The gop bet on the tax cuts that primarily benefitted the 1% would benefit workers. Wages didn't come close to rising at the same rate the 1% benefitted. The looney left typically goes overboard, but generally on issues like abortion, gay rights and immigration, the dems pursue policy in line with what a maj believes is best.

Food for thought:

The dems are making a concerted effort to enact things to benefit the middle class and a working not quite middle class. The gop bet on the tax cuts that primarily benefitted the 1% would benefit workers. Wages didn't come close to rising at the same rate the 1% benefitted. The looney left typically goes overboard, but generally on issues like abortion, gay rights and immigration, the dems pursue policy in line with what a maj believes is best.
The Democrats are doing no such thing. Their policies are designed to crush the Middle Class.

Last edited:
Food for thought:

The dems have been dividing this country for years.

That's why the Republic has failed and we are just waiting for your brownshirts to start trying to kill off their political opponents.

Food for thought:

Mottos are for little people, not congress critters
The same goes for "E Pluribus Unum", which was the motto proposed for the first Great Seal of the United States by John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson in 1776. A Latin phrase meaning "One from many," the phrase offered a strong statement of the American determination to form a single nation from a collection of states.

What the hell are you smoking? The founders created a union of States, the feds were only intended to do the things the States couldn't do easily on their own. You commies just love to try to rewrite history.

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. -James Madison Federalist 45

The intent was for the States to run themselves and the feds to deal with commerce, national defense and international diplomacy. The feds were never intended to run everything. You commies think you know better than the collective knowledge of the leadership of the States. On that, you're wrong.

Last edited:
Food for thought:

They aren't...the democrat party knows this truth and so, since the party was founded by slave owners, they have been working to divide this country by race and class...everything they do sows division, violence and hate...
It is unfortunate that you lack honesty and try to use facts of the past as relevant to present and the future. At this time in our history the Republican Party is fully intent of suppressing the vote of the Black Communities as seen by the Governor of Texas, among a large number of other RED STATES.

Face this FACT: The GOP is opposed to universal suffrage, and thus opposed to democracy in America.

Wow...the new democrat party lie...

Are you one of those democrat party racists who think that blacks and hispanics are either too lazy or too stupid to get an ID to vote.....

Racists like you really need to get your heads right....
Lead people to a better life or continue to assist them to fail.
Which do Dems do?

Food for thought:

They aren't...the democrat party knows this truth and so, since the party was founded by slave owners, they have been working to divide this country by race and class...everything they do sows division, violence and hate...
It is unfortunate that you lack honesty and try to use facts of the past as relevant to present and the future. At this time in our history the Republican Party is fully intent of suppressing the vote of the Black Communities as seen by the Governor of Texas, among a large number of other RED STATES.

Face this FACT: The GOP is opposed to universal suffrage, and thus opposed to democracy in America.

Are you one of those democrat party racists who think that blacks and hispanics are either too lazy or too stupid to get an ID to vote.....

Which do Dems do?

Look at democrat controlled cities, school systems, crime rates, poverty rates...........and you can see your answer...

Food for thought:

Which do Dems do?

Look at democrat controlled cities, school systems, crime rates, poverty rates...........and you can see your answer...
But....but. ...but....that fact reality is waaaaycist

Nah, white people are angry at blacks for who they are and how they act in general. A lot of black folks (particularly 40 years of age and up) are just fine to white people and we get along just fine. But it's the younger black people (39 and below, lower the age the more intolerable they are) that in general most white people don't like.

Don't blame a political party for them being loud mouthed, irritating, selfish, obnoxious, and overall disagreeable. They don't need a political party to make them disliked, they do a fine job of that all on their own.
See what I mean?

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

The greatest Country on earth allows for political discourse but lefties who were brought up in front of video games and the boob toob think it's unconstitutional to disagree with democrats. No surprises here.

Forum List

Back