United Nations: Government Knows How to Raise Your Kids Better than Parents?

"Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion."

lol...i see why the daily net is upset...

heheh

"Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion."

heheh

Fucking retard. Tell ya what? When the UN agrees to foot the bill for all my kids needs and wants and housing, THEN they can tell me how to raise them.

I'd just beat the hell outta the kid then call the government to come save them from me.. :lol::eusa_pray:

heheh

When the UN agrees to foot the bill for all my kids needs and wants and housing, THEN they can tell me how to raise them.
So you would give up your "parental rights" for some cash? :eek:

Fucking genius. Tell ya what? When the UN agrees to foot the bill for all my kids needs and wants and housing, THEN they can tell me how to raise them.

got ya...

"if you going to live under my roof...you are going to dance with that snake"

:eek:

heheh

When the UN agrees to foot the bill for all my kids needs and wants and housing, THEN they can tell me how to raise them.

nice sunniman and gunni on the same page.

it's a fundie holiday!

:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

heheh

nah i would just strap a bomb to them and send them into a pizza parlour......

heheh

Ohh look the resident board DUMB FUCKING ASS.

Lets face it. Many of you raise retarded kids.

Foreigners think all your daughters are sluts.

You have to go to school to be a bartender. You have to take a driving test. You have to take a test for just about everything, except having kids??? And raising kids is tougher than all those other things.

That doesn't make any sense. A lot of people who have kids have no business raising children. Yet there is no test? Just fuck and breed?

You have to go to school to be a bartender. You have to take a driving test. You have to take a test for just about everything, except having kids??? And raising kids is tougher than all those other things.

That doesn't make any sense. A lot of people who have kids have no business raising children. Yet there is no test? Just fuck and breed?

I think it's yer party who hold the record on irresponsibility for their kids.. yep.. I think so.

I think it's yer party who hold the record on irresponsibility for their kids.. yep.. I think so.

What about Sarah Palin's whore of a daughter?

And remember your side didn't even understand that it takes a villiage to raise a child?

And look at GW Bush. His father raised a cocaine addict/drunk/evil bastard.

Obama didn't have a father. What is Bush's excuse for doing drugs and being a drunk?

There are two countries that HAVEN'T ratified the convention on the rights of the child... us.. and Somalia. It has been in effect for THIRTY YEARS.

The United Nations General Assembly adopted the Convention and opened it for signature on 20 November 1989 (the 30th anniversary of its Declaration of the Rights of the Child).[5] It came into force on 2 September 1990, after it was ratified by the required number of nations. As of December 2008, 193 countries have ratified it,[1] including every member of the United Nations except the United States and Somalia.[4]

Convention on the Rights of the Child - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I defy you to find anything that substantiates the rabid religious right rant that is the OP:

On education: (which is already compulsory in this country):

Article 28
1. States Parties recognize the right of the child to education, and with a view to achieving this right progressively and on the basis of equal opportunity, they shall, in particular:

(a) Make primary education compulsory and available free to all;

(b) Encourage the development of different forms of secondary education, including general and vocational education, make them available and accessible to every child, and take appropriate measures such as the introduction of free education and offering financial assistance in case of need;

(c) Make higher education accessible to all on the basis of capacity by every appropriate means;

(d) Make educational and vocational information and guidance available and accessible to all children;

(e) Take measures to encourage regular attendance at schools and the reduction of drop-out rates.

2. States Parties shall take all appropriate measures to ensure that school discipline is administered in a manner consistent with the child's human dignity and in conformity with the present Convention.

3. States Parties shall promote and encourage international cooperation in matters relating to education, in particular with a view to contributing to the elimination of ignorance and illiteracy throughout the world and facilitating access to scientific and technical knowledge and modern teaching methods. In this regard, particular account shall be taken of the needs of developing countries.

Article 29
1. States Parties agree that the education of the child shall be directed to:

(a) The development of the child's personality, talents and mental and physical abilities to their fullest potential;

(b) The development of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, and for the principles enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations;

(c) The development of respect for the child's parents, his or her own cultural identity, language and values, for the national values of the country in which the child is living, the country from which he or she may originate, and for civilizations different from his or her own;

(d) The preparation of the child for responsible life in a free society, in the spirit of understanding, peace, tolerance, equality of sexes, and friendship among all peoples, ethnic, national and religious groups and persons of indigenous origin;

(e) The development of respect for the natural environment.

2. No part of the present article or article 28 shall be construed so as to interfere with the liberty of individuals and bodies to establish and direct educational institutions, subject always to the observance of the principle set forth in paragraph 1 of the present article and to the requirements that the education given in such institutions shall conform to such minimum standards as may be laid down by the State.

Article 30
In those States in which ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities or persons of indigenous origin exist, a child belonging to such a minority or who is indigenous shall not be denied the right, in community with other members of his or her group, to enjoy his or her own culture, to profess and practise his or her own religion, or to use his or her own language.

Convention on the Rights of the Child

and on penal law issues: (same link):

2. To this end, and having regard to the relevant provisions of international instruments, States Parties shall, in particular, ensure that:

(a) No child shall be alleged as, be accused of, or recognized as having infringed the penal law by reason of acts or omissions that were not prohibited by national or international law at the time they were committed;

(b) Every child alleged as or accused of having infringed the penal law has at least the following guarantees:

(i) To be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law;

(ii) To be informed promptly and directly of the charges against him or her, and, if appropriate, through his or her parents or legal guardians, and to have legal or other appropriate assistance in the preparation and presentation of his or her defence;

(iii) To have the matter determined without delay by a competent, independent and impartial authority or judicial body in a fair hearing according to law, in the presence of legal or other appropriate assistance and, unless it is considered not to be in the best interest of the child, in particular, taking into account his or her age or situation, his or her parents or legal guardians;

(iv) Not to be compelled to give testimony or to confess guilt; to examine or have examined adverse witnesses and to obtain the participation and examination of witnesses on his or her behalf under conditions of equality;

(v) If considered to have infringed the penal law, to have this decision and any measures imposed in consequence thereof reviewed by a higher competent, independent and impartial authority or judicial body according to law;

(vi) To have the free assistance of an interpreter if the child cannot understand or speak the language used;

(vii) To have his or her privacy fully respected at all stages of the proceedings.

3. States Parties shall seek to promote the establishment of laws, procedures, authorities and institutions specifically applicable to children alleged as, accused of, or recognized as having infringed the penal law, and, in particular:

(a) The establishment of a minimum age below which children shall be presumed not to have the capacity to infringe the penal law;

(b) Whenever appropriate and desirable, measures for dealing with such children without resorting to judicial proceedings, providing that human rights and legal safeguards are fully respected. 4. A variety of dispositions, such as care, guidance and supervision orders; counselling; probation; foster care; education and vocational training programmes and other alternatives to institutional care shall be available to ensure that children are dealt with in a manner appropriate to their well-being and proportionate both to their circumstances and the offence.

What amazing distortions the rabid right likes to toss around.

I know...it must be the articles that require access to books and/or education.

Y'all must be so proud to be in the same boat as Somalia. :cuckoo:

And remember your side didn't even understand that it takes a villiage to raise a child? Your side just needs a Daddy to help..

Obama didn't have a father. What is Bush's excuse for doing drugs and being a drunk?
And his mama was a whore too!

And whoever birthed you needs to be hauled before the Hague! :lol:

And remember your side didn't even understand that it takes a villiage to raise a child? Your side just needs a Daddy to help..

And his mama was a whore too!

And whoever birthed you needs to be hauled before the Hague! :lol:

I'll go when Bush goes.

PS. I heard in the villiage you grew up in the saying was changed to, "it takes a villiage to raise an idiot".

Forum List

Back