Unintended consequences-

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Houston couple out $8K as catalytic converter theft spikes in area

Thieves can get $150 to $200 for the valuable metal, like rhodium, inside, the price of which has jumped recently. Sparacino said the parts to replace the converter, which reduces pollutants in the vehicle's exhaust, were on backorder and took weeks to come in.

Can you imagine 8000 bucks to replace a catalytic converter-

Does Texas not have a law against buying and selling used catalytic converters? Most states do.

It cost them $8000 to replace the converter on their Tundra? They were ripped off twice.

Does Texas not have a law against buying and selling used catalytic converters? Most states do.

You can refine the platinum and palladium out of them yourself, or just ship them to centers that buy the converters, no questions asked.

It's been a few years since I sold one but there was no questions asked. They did get a copy of my D.L.

Now if one would bring in a truck load.................................

Pssst... electric cars have none

Psssst, nobody gives a shit.

Of course lots of people do.

Oh I think you'll find that America's give a shit factor about electric cars is quite small.

Which is larger than no one.

Nearly 7 million have been sold.

How many electric cars are on the road in the United States?

Like I said, LOW.

No, you said no one.

Oh I think you'll find that America's give a shit factor about electric cars is quite small.

That's not all that many when you consider there were 276 million vehicles registered in the US in 2019. Even if only half of those 276 million vehicles were cars, electric cars would only account for 5%.

That's not all that many when you consider there were 276 million vehicles registered in the US in 2019. Even if only half of those 276 million vehicles were cars, electric cars would only account for 5%.

He enjoys being the contrarian.

It's far more than "no one". It's also a growing segment.

Forum List

Back