Unhappy With Prices, Ranchers Look To Build Own Meat Plants

Smaller independent meat processing facilities is what is desperately needed.

Feed lots, the last step in raising cattle for fresh meat market are a fairly standardized process. So long as they can build one as well as a clean facility to butcher the meat they should.

Our processing facilities are too large and centralized now. Several have had to shut down due to listeria infection, hepatitis infections and more recently coronavirus outbreaks.

Every time they shut down it costs everyone a fortune... from ranchers to consumers.

Also...this standardization of available cuts would evaporate. Many of the specialty cuts would begin to reappear in the marketplace. Cuts like hanging tenders, knuckle, and various other unique cuts would begin to show back up.

Where the real complaints would come from is the Jax product purchasers.

Everything from the cattle is utilized. And I do mean everything. From the fat to the head, hoofs, blood and bones are utilized in various products. Not just the leather...

Get used to the concept that lipstick, tennis shoes, and vitamin supplements all come from cows...your most militant animal rights activist is usually wearing and using products made from animals...they just don't recognize it.

I don't blame the ranchers. They do the most work and take the most risk.

Yet they have been getting shafted for decades.

Consolidation is the problem. Only four companies own 80% of the beef processing in our nation.

That's not right.

I hope these ranchers are successful. There needs to be more competition. Capitalism that's not properly regulated has been allowed to create another monopoly in our nation and it's hurting the nation.

The price of beef is ridiculous. Cows are very abundant. There is really no reason for such high prices beyond greed.

Full disclosure, I don't eat beef. I have never liked the taste or smell of it.

The Globalists are trying to sell their lab-grown meat products that are very expensive by driving up the prices on meats. If they make meats more expensive than the cost of their lab-grown meats. That everybody will choose eating their lab-grown meats over the naturally grown meats.

But these lab-grown meats can accidentally have drops of Bill Gates blood dropped into the mixture.

But how can anyone tell the difference between human meat texture from an animal when they are hungry.

And they have meats that comes from the xenotransplantation farm that you can buy for a small price. That they have lots of leftover meats that they have spent lots of cash to create. That we will be willing to eat if we are hungry.

And these lab-grown meat products are funded by Bill Gates and Tyson foods and Tyson food is known to keep those ranchers that are contracted under them broke. Tyson first got these ranchers to sign onto them. But then later have these ranchers upgrade their equipment, which is very costly. But once the ranchers are almost finished paying for the upgraded equipment, That is when they come in and tell them to upgrade to a more newer sophisticated equipment. But the ranchers have to do it because they have a contract with them. And this goes on forever.

And so there are not that many independent meat suppliers out there.

But I don't know why everyone is complaining. Capitalism is the American way. And they are just doing what everyone else is doing, marketing their products.

Guess what, building your own bins and maintaining them is expensive also

Sure they are.
But it's more expensive using a co-op.
Cole the cornstar is a recent college grad who mastered in business.
He went through the whole co-op vs building your own and the savings is substantial.
And once you're done paying for them it's money in your pocket.

I don't blame the ranchers. They do the most work and take the most risk.

Yet they have been getting shafted for decades.

Consolidation is the problem. Only four companies own 80% of the beef processing in our nation.

That's not right.

I hope these ranchers are successful. There needs to be more competition. Capitalism that's not properly regulated has been allowed to create another monopoly in our nation and it's hurting the nation.

The price of beef is ridiculous. Cows are very abundant. There is really no reason for such high prices beyond greed.

Full disclosure, I don't eat beef. I have never liked the taste or smell of it.

capitalism at its best,,,

you might want to know currently buying beef directly from the ranchers costs more,,, so youre not going to see the price go down,,

you are never done paying for them as they require constant upkeep

Really?
Than why do most large farms have their own silos and dryer's?
I posted three links....and guess what,they all have their own silos and dryers.
I bet you're the type that rents a car rather than purchase one,and you probably rent an apartment rather than owning your own home.

Really?
Than why do most large farms have their own silos and dryer's?
I posted three links....and guess what,they all have their own silos and dryers.

because they are large and can afford it. Much harder for the guys with only a couple hundred acres

Smaller independent meat processing facilities is what is desperately needed.

Feed lots, the last step in raising cattle for fresh meat market are a fairly standardized process. So long as they can build one as well as a clean facility to butcher the meat they should.

Our processing facilities are too large and centralized now. Several have had to shut down due to listeria infection, hepatitis infections and more recently coronavirus outbreaks.

Every time they shut down it costs everyone a fortune... from ranchers to consumers.

Also...this standardization of available cuts would evaporate. Many of the specialty cuts would begin to reappear in the marketplace. Cuts like hanging tenders, knuckle, and various other unique cuts would begin to show back up.

Where the real complaints would come from is the Jax product purchasers.

Everything from the cattle is utilized. And I do mean everything. From the fat to the head, hoofs, blood and bones are utilized in various products. Not just the leather...

Get used to the concept that lipstick, tennis shoes, and vitamin supplements all come from cows...your most militant animal rights activist is usually wearing and using products made from animals...they just don't recognize it.
I am not selling the beef, but showing how people can save even in hard times, because the government wants to be the savior of the day.

capitalism at its best,,,

you might want to know currently buying beef directly from the ranchers costs more,,, so youre not going to see the price go down,,
When I was child. We had a chicken coop filled with 30-40 chickens. And each day, the hens lay a dozen eggs. But we have to hurry and collect those eggs so there will be room for the chickens to lay more eggs.

The only work we had to do was delivering the eggs to the neighbors basically for free because we had too many eggs. And every two months we had to clean the coop and put the manure in a pile mixed with dirt. We used that pile to fertilize the garden when planting season came and to dig for worms to use for fishing. We always kept that pile damp year round.

But the only problem we had one time was the chickens were laying soft shell eggs. And so my dad went to the feed store to buy a bag of finely crushed clam shells to mix in with the feed. That is to harden the shells because the hens were low on calcium.

But we never lost any chickens to some illness because they get plenty of sunlight and at the time, organic feed. We never gave them any antibiotics.

And wild horses lives off of grass and water. But look how healthy they are.

Sure,but who wants to stay small?
If they have low expectations thats on them.

People that have been farming the land for 5 generations and want to be able to do it all themselves and not have to hire people to help.

76% of the farms in the US have less than 300 acres.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing

When I was child. We had a chicken coop filled with 30-40 chickens. And each day, the hens lay a dozen eggs. But we have to hurry and collect those eggs so there will be room for the chickens to lay more eggs.

The only work we had to do was delivering the eggs to the neighbors basically for free because we had too many eggs. And every two months we had to clean the coop and put the manure in a pile mixed with dirt. We used that pile to fertilize the garden when planting season came and to dig for worms to use for fishing. We always kept that pile damp year round.

But the only problem we had one time was the chickens were laying soft shell eggs. And so my dad went to the feed store to buy a bag of finely crushed clam shells to mix in with the feed. That is to harden the shells because the hens were low on calcium.

But we never lost any chickens to some illness because they get plenty of sunlight and at the time, organic feed. We never gave them any antibiotics.

And wild horses lives off of grass and water. But look how healthy they are.

at 57 I do the same thing except I charge 5 bucks a dozen and use old egg shells to boost calcium,,

I am not selling the beef, but showing how people can save even in hard times, because the government wants to be the savior of the day.

That meat is extremely expensive for what it is...
Sorry... when lobsters are cheaper than steaks it's usually a sign that there's some sort of issue....and it's likely my location. But probably not at the same time.

Market price is much lower.

Beef is usually running around $3-5/lb dressed. (For a whole USDA choice steer) this makes for ALL the cuts.

There are locations to purchase meat wholesale...I haven't done it in decades. But about half of the cost is in the butchering...which if you can handle swinging beef... well you can save a huge amount of money. That hook it hangs from weighs 5lbs exactly. Make sure you don't pay for it too. (Because they never leave the hook behind)

Forum List

Back