Unequivocal Proof That It's The Right That Constantly Engages In Voter Repression

Ape, he was looking for confrontation and none of the panthers standing made any gestures towards him, they simply asked why the guy had their cameras on them and I don't think the guy even came there to vote, why would he bring a video crew to vote when its not allowed? Get over your scary black man obsession, the other two white men there said everything was fine, no one was stopped nor intimidated, the only one was the jackass with his camera, no one else came forward with any complaints and rightwing retards took this video to spread their scary black intimidates whites paranoia.

I dunno why you are having such heartburn admitting that this was wrong, Bass. Who gives a fuck that the men were black? But that they dressed alike, looked a tad military-ish, and HAD NIGHTSTICKS.......yup, that's intimidation. Or at least, attempted intimidation.

If they had been white, would you be able to see the intimidation?

He didn't do any intimidation, one of the Panthers was an official poll watcher/observer, they didn't intimidate the crackpots who shot the video who's purpose wasn't to vote, no where in the video is the man saying you're blocking me from voting. By your logic every white person who sees a black man that looks "scary" to them can claim some kind of intimidation.

According to witnesses, the monkey with the nightstick was intimidating and was promptly removed by the police.

Try reading the transcripts of the hearing on this matter before you make yourself look even more foolish and racist, punk!

I dunno why you are having such heartburn admitting that this was wrong, Bass. Who gives a fuck that the men were black? But that they dressed alike, looked a tad military-ish, and HAD NIGHTSTICKS.......yup, that's intimidation. Or at least, attempted intimidation.

He didn't do any intimidation, one of the Panthers was an official poll watcher/observer, they didn't intimidate the crackpots who shot the video who's purpose wasn't to vote, no where in the video is the man saying you're blocking me from voting. By your logic every white person who sees a black man that looks "scary" to them can claim some kind of intimidation.

According to witnesses, the monkey with the nightstick was intimidating and was promptly removed by the police.

Try reading the transcripts of the hearing on this matter before you make yourself look even more foolish and racist, punk!

Lonestar, can you discuss this without being such a total fuckwad? Is there any reason to refer to the young man as a "monkey"?

Lonestar, can you discuss this without being such a total fuckwad? Is there any reason to refer to the young man as a "monkey"?
have you seen how basshole responds to others?

he's getting what he gives

have you seen how basshole responds to others?

he's getting what he gives

Mebbe so, but WTF? Are we in a race to bottom here?

I wonder if the racist on here defending the actions of the racist black panther group would be OK if lets say..
Watch how this SOB comes with the most RIDICULOUS form of faux comparison....

There were 2 large white men,
So these were 2 large black men? Hmmm....interesting.

wearing,, oh lets say, Klan robes,
So black garments and/or military uniforms are akin to Klan Robes now. WoW!!!

and one of them was holding a night stick.
It's legal to carry a stick, just like its legal to carry loaded guns to Obama rallies in some states. Nothing wrong there.

And they said and did the same things in a mostly black area.
BWHAHAAH!!! So you're suggesting that the NBPs were in a mostly white neighborhood now? You have not been to Philly...have you?

According to them, this would not be racism or voter intimidation.
According to everything you posted above...you are a BONAFIDE LIAR.

a word keeps coming to mind;

hyp·o·crite   /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled
[hip-uh-krit] Show IPA

–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
A word keeps comign to mind:

fe·ces   
[fee-seez] Show IPA
–noun ( used with a plural verb )
1. waste matter discharged from the intestines through the anus; excrement.
2. dregs; sediment.
Also, especially British , faeces.

Origin:
1425&#8211;75; late ME < L faec&#275;s grounds, dregs, sediment (pl. of faex

The *MAN* with the nightstick had a judgement entered against him and was dealt with, but hey, if its criminal to carry a nightstick in front a voting building its should be equally criminal to carry weapons to an Obama rally like the Tea baggers did.

Funny that nobody came forward and said they were discouraged from voting. I especially loved the woman in the video that walked by them into the polling place talking on the cellular phone. (which is actually prohibited in a polling place).

The Republicans have a long history of trying to suppress minority votes. Fortunately this was a failed attempt.
Yes we are all a bunch of vote denying, country club living blue blooded racist bigoted mysongyninst homophobes.
Look, your rhetoric is a paper tiger. Your words mean nothing. Your agenda has run out of gas. No one is buying the rhetoric form your side.
Call us all the names you wish. Claim we suppress voting rights. We know it's nonsense. So there ya have it.
The only reason you lefites vote for fellow libs is "what's in it for me? Oh, more taxpayer funded freebies? Great!" All you people care about is what you can "get" from government.

I'm sorry, what name did I call you? I realize that Republican is a bad name, but aren't you taking your "righteous indignation" a little too far? Republican attempts at minority voter suppression has been going on for quite some time and is very well documented.

This video is just another example at GOP attempts to suppress minority voters because they, by and large, vote for Democrats. When people vote, Democrats win.

Emails detail voter suppression in 5 states

Voter Suppression in Wisconsin Courtesy of the GOP and Americans for Prosperity

Go for it...Aside from this alleged incident, what else have a ya got?
In fact, skip it. I knwo what the reult would be. A bunch of blog produced nonsense so insignificant as to border on the absurd.
If voter reperession were aas widespread as you claim, the main streamn media would be all over this criminal activity..
BTW, the 2000 presidential election tallies from those polloing places in FL?,....Those were ALL democrat districts. The leadership there wanted to create a voter fraud controversy because they knew AlGore was going to lose the Electoral Vote. They were so bloody stupid they forgot to realize they were calling out their own party for voter disenfranchisement. Morons.
This is much ado about nothing. Stop bitching and go vote for the candidates of your choice

The *MAN* with the nightstick had a judgement entered against him and was dealt with, but hey, if its criminal to carry a nightstick in front a voting building its should be equally criminal to carry weapons to an Obama rally like the Tea baggers did.

Two entirely different things. No one was intentionally or otherwise attemting to intimidate anyone at the Obama rally.
OTOH, those NBP Thugs were delibrately attempting to repress conservative votes.
Nice try.
Oh, one more thng. The US DOJ REFUSED to place charges of any kind against minority people accused of voter intimidatioin against whites.
Once the new Congress is seated, there will be subpeonas issued to top DOJ brass on this very issue.
Racial injustice cuts both ways. Minorities are just as likely to be racist as whites. That's a fact.
Democrats are just as likely to make attempts at voter repression as republicans. Also a fact.
Now, don't forget to vote on Nov 2nd.

I wonder if the racist on here defending the actions of the racist black panther group would be OK if lets say..
Watch how this SOB comes with the most RIDICULOUS form of faux comparison....

There were 2 large white men,
So these were 2 large black men? Hmmm....interesting.

So black garments and/or military uniforms are akin to Klan Robes now. WoW!!!

It's legal to carry a stick, just like its legal to carry loaded guns to Obama rallies in some states. Nothing wrong there.

BWHAHAAH!!! So you're suggesting that the NBPs were in a mostly white neighborhood now? You have not been to Philly...have you?

According to them, this would not be racism or voter intimidation.
According to everything you posted above...you are a BONAFIDE LIAR.

a word keeps coming to mind;

hyp·o·crite&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;h&#618;p&#601;kr&#618;t/ Show Spelled
[hip-uh-krit] Show IPA

–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
A word keeps comign to mind:

fe·ces&#8194; &#8194;
[fee-seez] Show IPA
–noun ( used with a plural verb )
1. waste matter discharged from the intestines through the anus; excrement.
2. dregs; sediment.
Also, especially British , faeces.

Origin:
1425–75; late ME < L faec&#275;s grounds, dregs, sediment (pl. of faex

Tom Thumbs, it makes a ginormous difference whether the men were Black Panthers (who fed hungry school children and are revered) or Nation Of Islam (who called whites "the devil" and bullied people).

Kinda sorta like the difference between the Guardian Angels and the Hell's Angels.

Two entirely different things. No one was intentionally or otherwise attemting to intimidate anyone at the Obama rally.
OTOH, those NBP Thugs were delibrately attempting to repress conservative votes.
Nice try.
Oh, one more thng. The US DOJ REFUSED to place charges of any kind against minority people accused of voter intimidatioin against whites.
Once the new Congress is seated, there will be subpeonas issued to top DOJ brass on this very issue.
Racial injustice cuts both ways. Minorities are just as likely to be racist as whites. That's a fact.
Democrats are just as likely to make attempts at voter repression as republicans. Also a fact.

"Reverse racism" will hurt as badly as "regular racism" when as many blacks as whites hold positions of power and when, no matter how wealthy you become, you cannot avoid living among and working with blacks. Meanwhile, almost all "reverse racism" crying is over street crime and minor social nastiness.

Do let me know when blacks can force whites to experience what they have.

Racial slurs! More fun reading for me! O ya!

Meanwhile, has anyone bothered to explain what a "poll watcher" is? If the men had a legitimate reason for being there it would go a long way to mitigate any criminal intent they allegedly had.

No intent, no crime.

Nice try.

"Reverse racism" will hurt as badly as "regular racism" when as many blacks as whites hold positions of power and when, no matter how wealthy you become, you cannot avoid living among and working with blacks. Meanwhile, almost all "reverse racism" crying is over street crime and minor social nastiness.

maddy, there is no such thing as "reverse racism"
its RACISM
period

Nice try.

its RACISM
period

Well, might be worth its own thread, DiveCon. I hate to hijack this one...but I disagree with you.

its RACISM
period

Well, might be worth its own thread, DiveCon. I hate to hijack this one...but I disagree with you.
the word racism covers it all
its discrimination based on race or ethnic background
it covers it no matter what direction it is coming from, either from a majority member or a minority member of society

its RACISM
period

it covers it no matter what direction it is coming from, either from a majority member or a minority member of society

Well, two things.

If you yourself are not a minority person, you cannot know the quality of that experience....I'd agree things are fine as frogs legs today compared to 1960, but that dun mean a man or woman my age has forgotten those experiences, or that no black American has them nowadays.

Remember this horrifying crime?

Business | Black Man Dragged To Death Behind Truck; Three Arrested | Seattle Times Newspaper

If you were black and this news made you anxious, there is nowhere in the US you could live as a middle class or wealthy person and avoid all whites. Many, possibly most, whites with similar fears could very easily find all-white communities to live in.

Second thing. Racism against a minority person is not merely in-your-face hatred, it is also subtle. Children of all races are still reporting negative feelings about blacks as compared to whites.

Even Babies Discriminate: A NurtureShock Excerpt. - Newsweek

I am not saying reverse racism cannot be painful. I am saying the quality of the experience is different.....racism is an everyday experience for most minorities, but a once in a lifetime thing for most whites.

Well, two things.

If you yourself are not a minority person, you cannot know the quality of that experience....I'd agree things are fine as frogs legs today compared to 1960, but that dun mean a man or woman my age has forgotten those experiences, or that no black American has them nowadays.

Business | Black Man Dragged To Death Behind Truck; Three Arrested | Seattle Times Newspaper

If you were black and this news made you anxious, there is nowhere in the US you could live as a middle class or wealthy person and avoid all whites. Many, possibly most, whites with similar fears could very easily find all-white communities to live in.

Second thing. Racism against a minority person is not merely in-your-face hatred, it is also subtle. Children of all races are still reporting negative feelings about blacks as compared to whites.

I am not saying reverse racism cannot be painful. I am saying the quality of the experience is different.....racism is an everyday experience for most minorities, but a once in a lifetime thing for most whites.
sorry maddy, but WTF are you talking about

Well, two things.

Lemme see if I can be clearer. The central fact of my life is, Imma chick. Always been one, and will be till I die. That factoid has affected the quality of my interaction with every other human all my life.....and I knew sexism.

My first job out of law school, my supervising partner would have made Clarence Thomas look like a boy scout. The partners had a in-firm drunken party every Friday and two were being suing for sexual harrassment for knocking up their secretaries. Women in power positions just did not exist. (BTW, I have a zillion such stories.....I am just using one to convey the thought.)

Flash forward, and things are so much better today I sometimes wonder if my memories are totally reliable. On the other hand, I know that what has changed are social customs, not hearts and minds. Almost certainly, as many men as ever have the impulse to step on women, but they check it because acting on those feelings is costly anymore.

Now, suppose I had been a black chick?

THEN the central factoid of my life would be, I'm black. I have successful black chick friends my age, and they could tell you stories that'd scar you for life. No matter how wealthy or powerful they may become, black women in power positions are still rare and people have a tendency to treat them a bit like exotic creatures. That shit gets exhausting.

If I had been a white man, all my life I would have been the one expected -- to succeed, to hold power, to abide by the law, etc. (A gross generalization, but still true for most whites, in most places.) An American male who is white does not spend any energy everyday defeating the bias of most all the people he meets.

Was that clearer?

Well, two things.

Lemme see if I can be clearer. The central fact of my life is, Imma chick. Always been one, and will be till I die. That factoid has affected the quality of my interaction with every other human all my life.....and I knew sexism.

My first job out of law school, my supervising partner would have made Clarence Thomas look like a boy scout. The partners had a in-firm drunken party every Friday and two were being suing for sexual harrassment for knocking up their secretaries. Women in power positions just did not exist. (BTW, I have a zillion such stories.....I am just using one to convey the thought.)

Flash forward, and things are so much better today I sometimes wonder if my memories are totally reliable. On the other hand, I know that what has changed are social customs, not hearts and minds. Almost certainly, as many men as ever have the impulse to step on women, but they check it because acting on those feelings is costly anymore.

Now, suppose I had been a black chick?

THEN the central factoid of my life would be, I'm black. I have successful black chick friends my age, and they could tell you stories that'd scar you for life. No matter how wealthy or powerful they may become, black women in power positions are still rare and people have a tendency to treat them a bit like exotic creatures. That shit gets exhausting.

If I had been a white man, all my life I would have been the one expected -- to succeed, to hold power, to abide by the law, etc. (A gross generalization, but still true for most whites, in most places.) An American male who is white does not spend any energy everyday defeating the bias of most all the people he meets.

Was that clearer?
way off what we were talking about

there is no such thing as "reverse racism"
what you might want to call it, the acts are still RACISM
no "reverse" needed

Forum List

Back