Under New House Health-Care Bill, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

If a man is raped - will he then also have a preexisting condition under Trumpcare?
I believe so. Trumpcare would turn the stomach of any decent person.

Not if he has erectile dysfunction.

Most of those jerks in congress have erectile dysfunction...

Funny and agree! I bet if all of them were raped - rape would no longer be a preexisting condition.

Well basically we've all been raped by our esteemed legislature's over the years.

/--- If I buy an expensive boat but no insurance then wreck it, can I buy insurance after the fact and have the insurance company fix the damage?The cracked hull is pre existing.

Feel free to stop calling it "insurance". What we are trying to do is to make healthcare available to all citizens.

The hyperbole of the left is reaching new heights.

No hyperbole at all. My statement stands. We democrats want everyone to have health care, just like everyone over 65 have Medicare. If you get hung up on saying, '... that is not "insurance"', then simply don't call it insurance.

You democrats want a lot of things that are stupid.

You can't even define what health care is. When do you decide that people got "health care" ? You've never answered that question.

Having spent 50 years in the health insurance business, drafting health insurance policies, I assure you that I know what "health care" is. In the contract under which you are insured, it is, "Care and treatment of the insured for body or mental disorder, or injury."

You had caps on your policies ?

/--- If I buy an expensive boat but no insurance then wreck it, can I buy insurance after the fact and have the insurance company fix the damage?The cracked hull is pre existing.

Feel free to stop calling it "insurance". What we are trying to do is to make healthcare available to all citizens.
I thought the Supreme Court called it a tax? Damn peeps need to make up their minds on what to call this racketeering scam they got going is. Is it a tax, insurance or faux medical care where lots of people have mental security and others have office positions but nobody is getting (their real) health care needs met.

All of us on Medicare are getting our needs met. Just expand Medicare to cover everyone.

Not hardly.

I remember this one:

Mayo unit no longer to accept Medicare

If you look at the numbers.....it's only going one way.

Wrong again, Sun. As stated in your own link, the only thing that they are no longer going to accept is Medicare coverage for primary care providers. Now, If you go to Mao Clinic in Phoenix (which is where my daughter works as a nurse) to get your flu shot and cold medicine, then you may have a problem. If you go to a primary care physician in a local practice, like everyone else in the US, then you have no problem

".The changes, which go into effect Jan. 1, apply only to primary-care services offered at Mayo Clinic Family Medicine-Arrowhead."

I proved you wrong once before on this months ago. Must I do it over and over again?

You didn't prove anything.

If you read the article, you'll see why the Mayo was taking this tact.

It's not like they need to piss of seniors.

BTW: They've since started taking it again as I understand it. I wonder how they got whole ?

A primary care physician in local practice does not have to take medicare patients.

Domestic abuse survivors and mothers could also see be denied coverage or see their premiums increased under the plan.

When House Republicans passed the American Health Care Act on Thursday, many Americans likely thought of their family and friends living with cancer, diabetes, or heart disease. These diseases are commonly referred to as “pre-existing conditions” – conditions which, under the Republican health care bill, could result in them being denied health insurance.

But another, less publicised group of people were also concerned by the bill's passage: rape survivors.

Before Obamacare, some insurance companies considered rape and domestic abuse pre-existing conditions. One woman, Jody Neal-Post, says she was turned away after telling a potential insurance that she was a domestic violence victim – despite otherwise being perfectly healthy.

Half of the top 16 insurance companies in the US in 1994 admitted they considered domestic violence in factor in determining premiums, and whether or not to deny someone coverage.

Under Obamacare, that changed: The law prohibited employers from denying coverage or racking up premiums for those with pre-existing conditions. It also prohibited insurers from “gender rating,” or charging more for insurance just for being a woman. The number of uninsured women went from 19 per cent to just 8 per cent after it was passed.

The new American Health Care Act, however, contains an amendment allows states to opt out of protections for pre-existing conditions. That means women like Ms Neal-Post could once again find themselves unable to find coverage.

More: Under New Health-Care Bill, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

Unbelievable - and unconscionable! This should infuriate all women. Even as a man - I'm infuriated. By definition - rape is not a choice.

I thought the Supreme Court called it a tax? Damn peeps need to make up their minds on what to call this racketeering scam they got going is. Is it a tax, insurance or faux medical care where lots of people have mental security and others have office positions but nobody is getting (their real) health care needs met.

All of us on Medicare are getting our needs met. Just expand Medicare to cover everyone.

Not hardly.

I remember this one:

For a long time the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville would not accept most plans under 65, in those years they only accepted the old 80/20 plans with a deductible. They do accept them and Medicare and medigap plans now but still will not accept Medicare Advantage plans. Doesn't matter though there is a relatively new MD Anderson in Jax, Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa, Shands in Gainsville and several other's that accept many plans, Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans.

Domestic abuse survivors and mothers could also see be denied coverage or see their premiums increased under the plan.

When House Republicans passed the American Health Care Act on Thursday, many Americans likely thought of their family and friends living with cancer, diabetes, or heart disease. These diseases are commonly referred to as “pre-existing conditions” – conditions which, under the Republican health care bill, could result in them being denied health insurance.

But another, less publicised group of people were also concerned by the bill's passage: rape survivors.

Before Obamacare, some insurance companies considered rape and domestic abuse pre-existing conditions. One woman, Jody Neal-Post, says she was turned away after telling a potential insurance that she was a domestic violence victim – despite otherwise being perfectly healthy.

Half of the top 16 insurance companies in the US in 1994 admitted they considered domestic violence in factor in determining premiums, and whether or not to deny someone coverage.

Under Obamacare, that changed: The law prohibited employers from denying coverage or racking up premiums for those with pre-existing conditions. It also prohibited insurers from “gender rating,” or charging more for insurance just for being a woman. The number of uninsured women went from 19 per cent to just 8 per cent after it was passed.

The new American Health Care Act, however, contains an amendment allows states to opt out of protections for pre-existing conditions. That means women like Ms Neal-Post could once again find themselves unable to find coverage.

Unbelievable - and unconscionable! This should infuriate all women. Even as a man - I'm infuriated. By definition - rape is not a choice.

The bill does not DEFINE a "pre-existing condition". Merely states that the expectation is -- these people will be covered if they show "continuous coverage" for an adequate period. So all this is --- is a mountain of whine. Instead of DEMANDING that Congress specifies some of the ABUSES that the insurance companies have undertaken in declaring "pre-existing". By the Insurance Co rules, 35% of men over 50 have pre-existing conditions simply because they take statin drugs for cholesterol or bpressure meds. These are PREVENTATIVE medicine and are no long "conditions" if the symptoms are under control.

Lots of abuse out there. Let them compete. but not "cherry pick". And get the fuck out of the way..

Read page 70. It will prove you all wrong-

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-115hr1628rh/pdf/BILLS-115hr1628rh.pdf

(a) Modification of Definition of Qualified Health Plan.--
(1) In general.--Section 36B(c)(3)(A) of the Internal
Revenue Code of 1986 is amended--
(A) by inserting ``(determined without regard to
subparagraphs (A), (C)(ii), and (C)(iv) of paragraph
(1) thereof and without regard to whether the plan is
offered on an Exchange)'' after ``1301(a) of the
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act'', and
(B) by striking ``shall not include'' and all that
follows and inserting ``shall not include any health
plan that--
``(i) is a grandfathered health plan or a
grandmothered health plan, or
``(ii) includes coverage for abortions
(other than any abortion necessary to save the
life of the mother or any abortion with respect
to a pregnancy that is the result of an act of
rape or incest;

Not only is rape a pre-existing condition to them, but they think a mother pregnant by rape should be forced to carry the child with no benefits or assistance to the mother or the child.

Vote them out in 2018.

Why do you keep posting these? This will not be what the senate formulates. If anything.

No hyperbole at all. My statement stands. We democrats want everyone to have health care, just like everyone over 65 have Medicare. If you get hung up on saying, '... that is not "insurance"', then simply don't call it insurance.

You can't even define what health care is. When do you decide that people got "health care" ? You've never answered that question.

Having spent 50 years in the health insurance business, drafting health insurance policies, I assure you that I know what "health care" is. In the contract under which you are insured, it is, "Care and treatment of the insured for body or mental disorder, or injury."

Many were capped at a Mil.

Oh! You mean then that all these are lies the left is spreading!! Thank you for your verification.

plan that--
rape or incest;

Not only is rape a pre-existing condition to them, but they think a mother pregnant by rape should be forced to carry the child with no benefits or assistance to the mother or the child.

Vote them out in 2018.

Why do you keep posting these? This will not be what the senate formulates. If anything.

There were caps on most policies before Obamcare was signed.

Oh! You mean then that all these are lies the left is spreading!! Thank you for your verification.

plan that--
rape or incest;

Vote them out in 2018.

They're not lies and if you think for one minute the bill written as is will go through the senate, I have some swamp land down around Tampa I can sell you.

First you don't want me to post the bill, because it will change, then you tell me the lies that have been posted are real, even though I post the text to prove them wrong. Now I know why you have trouble with me posting its link. Lol

plan that--
rape or incest;

Vote them out in 2018.

They're not lies and if you think for one minute the bill written as is will go through the senate, I have some swamp land down around Tampa I can sell you.

First you don't want me to post the bill, because it will change, then you tell me the lies that have been posted are real, even though I post the text to prove them wrong. Now I know why you have trouble with me posting its link. Lol

plan that--
rape or incest;

Vote them out in 2018.

I have the whole bill downloaded. It does not matter what it says, get that? We read it at work and had a good laugh at it, all repubs at my office. No I don't think you do. What matter's is what the senate will come up with and what they will leave in or take out or just dilly dally around the rest of the year.

Anyway when is it interpreted by states and insurance companies, you won't get what you want.

Last edited:
True, so why is the left lying now? Or do you believe those things they are saying will come about in the Senate version?
And why admonish me, rather than the left here, claiming, babies will be denied cancer, old people will be denied, rape will not be covered! Just to mention a few that have been posted to this board. Why are you not admonishing them, rather than me?

plan that--
rape or incest;

I have the whole bill downloaded. It does not matter what it says, get that? We read it at work and had a good laugh at it, all repubs at my office. No I don't think you do. What matter's is what the senate will come up with and what they will leave in or take out or just dilly dally around the rest of the year.

Anyway when is it interpreted by states and insurance companies, you won't get what you want.

"Some insurance companies considered rape a preexisting condition" According to who, the Clinton insurance companies?

I've never heard of the "Clinton Insurance Company" Are they certified and incorporated in your state?
A admittedly poorly written sarcastic remark intended to shed a light on the domestic situation of the former presidential candidate and credible allegations of rape dismissed by the Clintons after the statute of limitations expired.

Comparing the value of a human life to a boat? Have the RW pro-life advocates wandered off the path leading to the sanctity
of life? If you are a religious person there is no excuse for your cold blooded assertion. Fall on your knees and ask God to forgive you.
If you are an atheist, your Godless mindset is more understandable. But even some atheists have compassion. Secular Humanism embraces many facets of Christianity. I suspect,though, that you serve no god but Mammon.

the first thing to go will be the tax cuts. Then more money added to pre existing conditions. That is a great start.

Comparing the value of a human life to a boat? Have the RW pro-life advocates wandered off the path leading to the sanctity
of life? If you are a religious person there is no excuse for your cold blooded assertion. Fall on your knees and ask God to forgive you.
If you are an atheist, your Godless mindset is more understandable. But even some atheists have compassion. Secular Humanism embraces many facets of Christianity. I suspect,though, that you serve no god but Mammon.
He didn't compare the value of a human life to a boat. He made a statement about how insurance works. Of course you knew that, I hope.
We are moving away from true medical insurance to a government entitlement. In the case of true insurance, buying a policy to pay for a pre existing condition is called insurance fraud. And it has nothing to do with comparing the value of a human life to the value of a boat,

any American that has an issue with pre existing conditions being covered is ANTI American. No exceptions rednecks.

/---- Funny you should say that. In 2010 when we complained about Obozocare being mandated - LiIbtard Moonbats compared it to mandatory car insurance as an excuse. Seems you'd have remembered that.

Not hardly.

I remember this one:

Wrong again, Sun. As stated in your own link, the only thing that they are no longer going to accept is Medicare coverage for primary care providers. Now, If you go to Mao Clinic in Phoenix (which is where my daughter works as a nurse) to get your flu shot and cold medicine, then you may have a problem. If you go to a primary care physician in a local practice, like everyone else in the US, then you have no problem

".The changes, which go into effect Jan. 1, apply only to primary-care services offered at Mayo Clinic Family Medicine-Arrowhead."

I proved you wrong once before on this months ago. Must I do it over and over again?

You didn't prove anything.

If you read the article, you'll see why the Mayo was taking this tact.

It's not like they need to piss of seniors.

BTW: They've since started taking it again as I understand it. I wonder how they got whole ?

A primary care physician in local practice does not have to take medicare patients.

Sun, I will be damned if I can figure out why you keep insisting that my Medicare sucks, when you are not even on it, and I am. Not only am I on Medicare, I live in a retirement community where you can't even buy a house unless you are over 55, which means that 17,000 people down here are on Medicare, and not one of them has ever complained to me about getting a doctor, or a medical procedure performed. You simply do not know what you are talking about. Why not switch to a Limbaugh talking point that you, at least, have some sort of personal familiarity. And, once again, I will remind you that Mao Clinic accepts Medicare for all specialists, lab and imaging, pharmaceutical, hospital, and other charges, other than primary care physician charges; and I can assure you, having been there, that you don't want to go there for a flu shot. Trying to get a parking space within a quarter of a mile from the entrance to the building is almost impossible. Give it up, Sun. Stick to something you know something about.

Forum List

Back