Unarmed woman shot dead by Police

Welp I guess it's time to demand justice and burn down another city. Meanwhile an average of 40 Black people are shot every single week in Chicago and no one gives a shit. We live in Bizarro Land.
Black on black cannot create the front page antagonism that white on black can.

I read that she turned the wheel and attempted to run into him. So yeah, idk if that justifies him shooting her (could he have jumped out of the way?) but it sure destroys the narrative that she is a complete innocent.
She is NOT completely innocent.
She is an IDIOT. Just Stop and Do as Told.
My Gawd, this has been discussed ad nauseam.
I feel the same about Babbitt, just Stop, don't jump through the window. Do as Told.

You proceed as these two idiots did, you risk the consequences.
Both Were Shot. Both Died. Both Could have and Should have Stopped.

She is NOT completely innocent.
She is an IDIOT. Just Stop and Do as Told.
My Gawd, this has been discussed ad nauseam.
I feel the same about Babbitt, just Stop, don't jump through the window. Do as Told.

You proceed as these two idiots did, you risk the consequences.
Both Were Shot. Both Died. Both Could have and Should have Stopped.
Yes but you don’t get the death sentence for what you should have done unless armed or presenting a serious physical threat

And now you’re moving the goalposts. There was clearly no intent to harm the cop unlike what you said earlier.

The cop is obligated to get out of the way first before resorting to deadly force.
The cop didn’t intend to shoot her either, he just wanted her to exit the car but she tried to run him down.

Yes but you don’t get the death sentence for what you should have done unless armed or presenting a serious physical threat
Did I suggest otherwise.

I'm not gonna assume what your message is, why don't you just tell me.
Are both situations similar or different?
Babbitt and This Pregnant Car Driver.

All's she had to do was comply with the officer. Instead, she CHOSE to foolishly attempt to drive away, even willing to drive him over if necessary.
She turned what would have been a minor situation, into a very serious situation, prompting a cop to use deadly force.

No, this is not about the white woman shot at the Capital on January 6th by a black police officer, this is about a Black woman shot dead in Ohio who was accused of shop lifting by a ..............wait for it............white police officer.

The police confronted her in her car and demanded she get out, however, the woman had other ideas as she began to pull away. The police officer in front of the car then opened fire and with one shot she was dead.

How is shooting this girl any different than shooting the woman at the Capital on January 6th as they declared the officer a hero with no investigation other than the woman behind the wheel could have killed the police officer with her car in Ohio?

The officer in Ohio, however, has been put on leave and those that have watched the video said the officer should never have been in front of the car to put himself in danger. It sounds like they are going to crucify this guy and dispose of him quickly.

I always wonder. What would the RW sound like if they had to tell the truth like Jim Carrey in the movie Liar Liar?

Covering the ground that has been covered more times than I care to think about. The shooting of Ashli Babbit.

There was an investigation. And it determined that the officer acted in accordance with the law.

Now to compare and contrast.

At the Capital the officer was charged by law to defend the Congressional Representatives. He was one of three holding the line while the Congressmen and women escaped. He could not run away himself. He couldn’t fall back, there wasn’t anything beyond this choke point and the risk of losing a Representative was too great. There wasn’t anywhere to go. He was doing the Horacio on the Bridge.

The shooting you describe is different. The problem wasn’t that the offender was continuing to assault. The offender was fleeing. They had body camera footage and identification of the car. No big deal to put out a warrant later and pick her up.

So is this a bad shooting? I don’t know. It isn’t a clear cut case. As is often the case, the decision will be based upon the way the laws are written and the precedent setting cases that defined the law.

I usually side with police but after seeing the video a few days ago I sided more with the victim. At first my thought was the car's slow rate of speed didn't put this officer's life at risk. I re-watched the video and had 2nd thought. Who knows whether he had time to get out of the way before she might have floored it? Our law enforcement officers shouldn't be put in this situation of facing a deadly object and having no clue about the other's intent.

The lady at the capital lacked a deadly object. For me this is the clear difference between the 2 situations.
^ Too thoughtful/sensible.

I was ready to say this cop just entirely lost his crap until I read that she turned the wheel and attempted to run into him. So yeah, idk if that justifies him shooting her (could he have jumped out of the way?) but it sure destroys the narrative that she is a complete innocent.

As an aside: the death of both mother and baby is beyond sad. But I note that she is 21 years old and pregnant with her THIRD child. THIRD. Not a great situation for any young woman, regardless of color.
Where is daddy in the article?

Forum List

Back