Unarmed man had his hands up when police killed him

I don't know if it was a good shoot or not, it will be determined. But if an argument with your wife causes the cops to come out, you're doing it wrong.

It was his gf, not his wife. Does he not have the right to kick someone off of his property who doesn't have a legal right to live there without being killed by the police?

From what I garner from the article, it seems that the Fairfax County police department, hired a mentally ill man to be a police officer, and it cost John Greer his life.

Why isn't this national headlines?

Oh oh oh... I'll play! Let me guess!

Okay... This is a NoGoStevie thread... It's a story about a guy getting killed by cops... A story that didn't go national... He seems bothered by this and he's not celebrating the killing...

I GOT IT!

The guy who was killed must be white and the cop is a minority!

How'd I do?

Get into an armed standoff with the cops. Tell the cops you have a gun and you are ready to use it against them.
The dead idiot may have had a gun taped above the door frame. (I have seen this happen) It's a common thing gang-bangers do.
Start playing the asshole and dragging the situation out. "Excuse me, I just have to scratch my nose officers".
You'll soon be fucking dead.
Good fucking riddance. The cops 'took the garbage out'.

It was his gf, not his wife. Does he not have the right to kick someone off of his property who doesn't have a legal right to live there without being killed by the police?
They had a 24 year relationship and two children together. She is his common law wife in most states, which means she has as much right to the home as he does.

The difference between this situation and others is that the man was not killed because he was black and being racially profiled. In the other cases, it was racial profiling that was the cause of the killings. Cops racially profiling someone and then shooting them is what makes national headlines.

Racially profiling? Are you saying that happened to Michael Brown and that the fact he had just committed a violent crime and then attacked a police officer had nothing to do with it? I thought the issue was "unarmed men" being killed by police, not racial profiling. Now you are changing the narrative because this case is being ignored?

I did some research online. This city/county or whatever it is has a history of unarmed men being killed by police, and nothing coming of it. That's a little bit different than the narrative the media has been playing especially given all of these men have been white.

Gee, if everything I knew came from the media I would be thinking two things:

1. The biggest threat to young black men comes from the police.

2. Only unarmed blacks get killed by the police.

Can you imagine if any of the recently publicized cases took 17 months for any information to be released ab out it? There would be riots in the street. This man was killed 17 months ago and the explanations are only beginning to happen NOW.

So liberals are throwing a fit that it took 1 year for c harges in the chicago caes, when in this case it took TWO years for charges to be brought. Perhaps the media chosing to ignore this story for not furthering the narrative contributed to the delay?

Says some of the witnesses, who contradict each other.

John B. Geer had hands up when shot by Fairfax County police documents show - The Washington Post

Why isn't this national headlines?

In the last days of the war, German civilians including old people and children were given anti-tank weapons and told to use them on invading Russian or US tanks. And they did. Part of their training included being told to raise their hands in surrender after the assault since military forces are forbidden from attacking civilians.

If lethal force becomes justifiable, I don't a glob of warm spit if you then shoot your hands up in the air. And neither'd the Allies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back