ultra-pure heroin killing users

so how much caffeine and alcohol have you had today?

i am speaking from the perspective of somebody who has been exposed to the black market and its customers for most of my life and have lost a fortune to them without using the drugs myself.

though i have smoked and snorted many different types of psychotropes, the only one that i have ever felt the least bit dependent on and use daily is nicotine. i have never had a needle full of 'hard drugs' in me.

i am opposed to the black market and its effect on the overall community of drug users. i support the individual's right to choose their own food and medicine. if it is a choice that will kill them in the long run, i do not believe that the government has any right or obligation to prevent that.

do you also believe then that the government,, meaning "we the people" have no obligation to pay for the habits and the treatments of legalized drug addicts?? that's the only way you would get me to agree to it.. what say you?

of course not. i'm just talking about destroying the black market --- not giving the shit away for free to a bunch of recidivist reprobates.

I'm not quite clear on your answer. drugs are legal and the taxpayer has no obligation to buy the drugs, to treat addiction, overdoses or other ill effects. Agreed?

I'm with Willow As long a junkies sign a waiver stating that we the taxpayers have no obligation to pay for welfare, SSI, treatment or the damage done to their inevitably handicapped children, then I say "shoot up" Fair enough?

you two need to seek treatment before somebody shoots you two after mistaking you for brain dead Moose on the side of the road.

jesus, what ever happened to living in the real world?

so let's set the record straight. Just because the world is full of people who have no self control who knowingly buy and snort, or shoot up with a drug that could kill them, we should make it legal?.. and. you think we have the resources to let the medical community administer these "legal" addicting drugs?? You must be on drugs and you are hard up and want the taxpayer to foot the bill for you.. nice try but once again horse crapiola.. we don't call youse DUmmies for nothing.

so how much caffeine and alcohol have you had today?

How many people die from accidental overdoses of caffeine each year?

Alcohol can be very damaging - but is also used by many people in moderation with arguably beneficial health effects. I'm not aware of moderate heroin users, perhaps there are some. Please provide some G2 on this phenom.

good question. it'd be kinda hard to do with coffee or soda pop, but what about the pills? i'm also sure that caffeine intoxication can be linked to aggression as well as possibly connections to machinery and motor vehicle accidents.

i am allergic to synthetic opiates and have gone into anaphylactic shock from them. heroin is safer for me to use for pain relief than pills. fortunately, i don't feel a need for medicinal help in reducing pain very often.

i've also met lawyers who like to "chip" a little heroin before going to court saying it slows them down and helps them avoid errors by slowing them down.

do you also believe then that the government,, meaning "we the people" have no obligation to pay for the habits and the treatments of legalized drug addicts?? that's the only way you would get me to agree to it.. what say you?

of course not. i'm just talking about destroying the black market --- not giving the shit away for free to a bunch of recidivist reprobates.

I'm not quite clear on your answer. drugs are legal and the taxpayer has no obligation to buy the drugs, to treat addiction, overdoses or other ill effects. Agreed?

mostly, certainly if the usage is strictly for entertainment.

i have to wonder about insurance coverage if there is a medical application claimed by the user and supported by a few doctors.

Addition and dependence are not the same. Someone who uses a painkiller to actually control real pain can become dependent upon that drug - he physically suffers without it. Someone who abuses that same drug for recreational purposes can become psychologically addicted to it - he didn't need it but became hooked on it. Two very different use/abuse cases.

Last edited:
I think we have a simple solution for this problem

Stop using heroin.

You don't have to worry about the government regulations if you don't buy and use the crap.

No one is forcing you to shoot up. Take some responsibility for yourself.

The better solution is never start using heroin, because a significant number of people can't ever stop once they start.

It goes beyond a simple will power issue.

But if we are going to get on a high horse, then we should include cigarettes in there too, because the mortality factor behind smoking cigarettes dwarfs heroin.

Just a simple matter of quitting smoking, right?

I'm all for people quitting smoking. It's a disgusting and deadly habit. Our bodies are Temples and we should take care of them.

AP IMPACT: Deadly, ultra-pure heroin arrives in US - Yahoo! News

just one more example of what wouldn't happen if substances like heroin were distributed by health professionals and responsible entertainment venue operators instead of criminals.

Do you have STUPID tattooed on your forehead?
You are fucking insane if you think legalizing heroin is the proper thing to do....and "distrubuted by entertainment venues"? Lay off the dope dumb ass....your only functioning brain cell is overworked. I say this....those users made their choice...they died because of the consequences of their life decisions....they will get NO SYMPATHY from me....their families, however, well sorry for your loss.

Do you have STUPID tattooed on your forehead?
You are fucking insane if you think legalizing heroin is the proper thing to do....and "distrubuted by entertainment venues"? Lay off the dope dumb ass....your only functioning brain cell is overworked. I say this....those users made their choice...they died because of the consequences of their life decisions....they will get NO SYMPATHY from me....their families, however, well sorry for your loss.

One of my best friends overdosed twice on heroin before he woke up to the need to get clean. I know how close he was to being killed. And I am glad he got a chance to continue since he now is married and starting a family.

Heroin is stupid. It's one of the dumbest drugs out there. I nearly beat the crap out of my friend when I found out he was taking it because it was so stupid. He agrees with me now though and no use of force was necessary.

Heroin literally makes you rot from the inside out....legalizing it to be distributed by "entertainment venues" is absolute insanity. The burden placed on our healthcare system would be incalculable.

Hey...let's all head down to the Opium Den and shoot up some china white!!!! Are you not entertained!!!!?????

Last edited:
There is a clinical difference between habit, deoendency, and addiction. Were you stoned in high school too?

no, i never took any of the pseudo-science courses in high school or college that drew those kinds of lines.

i have been playing music on the streets for 50 years and my knowledge of drug abuse comes from being exposed to all those different kinds of users.

habit, dependency and addiction all look the same on the street, regardless of what some douchebag rat runner wrote for a textbook.

Heroin literally makes you rot from the inside out....legalizing it to be distributed by "entertainment venues" is absolute insanity. The burden placed on our healthcare system would be incalculable.

Hey...let's all head down to the Opium Den and shoot up some china white!!!! Are you not entertained!!!!?????

if you actually thought about what you were reading rather than reacting to it according to preconditioned attitudes, you would recognize that i do not advocate the use of any of the so-called hard drugs.

the theme that i hold to in the drug war argument is that the damage caused by the drugs themselves is insignificant compared to the damage being wrought by the people and methods in control of the distribution of the substances.

people who are well-balanced and have any sense will avoid these things regardless of their legal status. during the prohibition, cocaine and heroin were often easier to obtain than alcohol but that did not cause any significant rise in the number of addicts.

Forum List

Back