ultra-pure heroin killing users

There is another alternative: for parents to instill values in their kids so they have other interests in life besides destroying their brains and bodies with hard drugs.

There is another alternative: for parents to instill values in their kids so they have other interests in life besides destroying their brains and bodies with hard drugs.

Drug abuse is the fault of parents? What a rebel you are. What about stupidity, who do you blame for your growing up stupid?

:eusa_whistle:

• Banned
horse crapiola..

you care to elaborate or is that some neat little code playing on one of the nicknames for heroin?

move your stupid self to Amersterdamn. DUmmie.

why would i want to move someplace more fucked up than here? just because drugs are legal? i think not --- i don't even use them very often, if at all.

i was born here and have invested a huge amount of my life in the struggle to restore our government. the entire spectrum of food and drug laws is a particularly important target for reform by my compatriots.

opium derivatives have been used as medicine for thousands of years. prohibition has repeatedly shown itself to be a bigger problem than the substance the law is attempting to ban and quality control is one of the first things to suffer from unregulated criminal black marketeers leading to circumstances like what is being reported here.

this batch is killing the snorter ...which can be your kid or grandkid...its not that odd now days for middle and upper class kids to do heroin...as much as people like to pretend it non human involvement, it is...they are someone loved ones

AP IMPACT: Deadly, ultra-pure heroin arrives in US - Yahoo! News

just one more example of what wouldn't happen if substances like heroin were distributed by health professionals and responsible entertainment venue operators instead of criminals.

Amateurs beware.

But this ain't news worth shouting about since the percentage of people who will use this shit is infinitesimally small.

note: disclosure: I worked in the field

apparently part of the problem is this shit is so cheap that it is attracting a new crowd and so pure that people are dying after snorting it which is really unusual.

this batch is killing the snorter ...which can be your kid or grandkid...its not that odd now days for middle and upper class kids to do heroin...as much as people like to pretend it non human involvement, it is...they are someone loved ones

fact: It never was odd "for middle and upper class kids" to be doing heroin.

never was odd, sweet lady.

in 1973 i moved out of the family homestead into a part of the neighborhood that wasn't quite so 'advantaged'. one of my neighbors was the mexican mud distributor. white kids from the upscale burbs rolled through 24x7 with fat wads of cash and leaving with fat bags of skag.

just one more example of what wouldn't happen if substances like heroin were distributed by health professionals and responsible entertainment venue operators instead of criminals.

Narcotics are distributed by health professionals. The whole point of methadone is to try to bridge people off of heroin. In reality, people just become addicted to methadone, but that's better than the needle.

Other than that, "getting someone their fix" is not a medical indication, and I doubt you'd find many health care professionals that would want any part of it.

Recovery and maintenance is a different issue.

Narcotics are distributed by health professionals. The whole point of methadone is to try to bridge people off of heroin. In reality, people just become addicted to methadone, but that's better than the needle.

Other than that, "getting someone their fix" is not a medical indication, and I doubt you'd find many health care professionals that would want any part of it.

the only thing about methadone that is better than the needle is the hygiene. i see former heroin users regularly who claim they had a better grip on their habit and that it was cheaper than the methadone.

"Hard drugs"? I'll take that to mean drugs that aren't your drug of choice. Few drugs are as destructive to the human body as alcohol and tobacco.

At any rate, the moral of the story is this: if you are taking a drug that has an established LD50, overdose is a reality.

Obviously this heroin is more pure than street heroin and has a lower LD50, which means people are using the same amount without realizing that they are probably going to shut down their respiratory system.

This happens periodically in the heroin market. In medical school, we are still taught to associate wound botulism with black tar heroin use from the 70's.

the only thing about methadone that is better than the needle is the hygiene. i see former heroin users regularly who claim they had a better grip on their habit and that it was cheaper than the methadone.

And it's controlled (which means it's purity is maintained and distributed so that people don't overdose themselves, which is basically the crux of your argument).

Other than that, considering a life addicted to opiates is basically a fail, regardless if it's methadone or heroin, the "hygiene" issue and preventing HCV and HIV is pretty significant.

Methadone clinics have been open and operating since the mid 70's and we still have a heroin problem.

And if the heroin problem is negligible, than the Rx narc problem most certainly isn't.

So what is the logical argument for distributing heroin?

I can buy needles and syringes, but the drug itself?

You should watch Methadonia, it was on HBO.
They are still getting fresh needles, a controlled product, and it is usually monitored.
Of course I had a friend who was a heroin addict, and he used to buy methodone on the street. Is heroin problem also started after he developed an Oxycotin problem.
People need to read about the Opium Wars. :D

You should watch Methadonia, it was on HBO.
They are still getting fresh needles, a controlled product, and it is usually monitored.
Of course I had a friend who was a heroin addict, and he used to buy methodone on the street. Is heroin problem also started after he developed an Oxycotin problem.
People need to read about the Opium Wars. :D

It's all the same drug in the end. The only real difference is how much zap it has to it. Fentanyl is (if I recall correctly) 1000x more powerful than heroin.

It's one reason I loath the fact that narcs are given out so freely for silly indications (I can certainly buy a person with sickle cell anemia being on a perpetual narc script), i.e. the old standby "low back pain that has persisted for five years".

I wouldn't have a problem as a physician given narcs out post surgery or trauma with the understanding that refills would only be forthcoming if the person was seeing a physical therapist, chiropractor, or trying to manage their pain in some manner other than a pill.

Forum List

Back