What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ukulele

Freedom Crows Nest

Reaction score
Uke is a great instrument. But many times I get discouraged.

Of course, Jake, is a master. But other people come up, that are so waaaay beyond my skills, that it makes me discouraged.

Here's one of those people. She's a kid! And she's absolutely awesome!

OP
F

Freedom Crows Nest

Reaction score
I've been playing piano for 48 years. Uke for about 7. I'll never get discouraged on the piano, but sheez... the uke is something incredible. I'll never be this good... She's got the strumming techniques that Jake teaches, but I could never do.

Just in case you don't know who Jake is...

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We went to Kauai a few years back and the hotel we stayed at was hosting a Hawaiian Music Camp. It seemed everyone was carrying a uke with them. I never knew the instrument was that popular. Fun times!

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went to Kauai a few years back and the hotel we stayed at was hosting a Hawaiian Music Camp. It seemed everyone was carrying a uke with them. I never knew the instrument was that popular. Fun times!
I always thought of the uke as the instrument Tiny Tim played when he sang Tiptoe through the Tulips

OP
F

Freedom Crows Nest

Reaction score
Me too when I was younger. But it's so much more than that. I'll never be as good as they are, but I'm going to try.

expat_panama

Gold Member
Reaction score

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List