Ukraine turns up nose to A-10 offer ..

A-10s are effin' awesome and we don't have enough of them as it is...so I for one am very pleased that Ukraine snubbed the U.S. offer to supply them with the battle tested aircraft...

A-10s are for when you have air superiority. Not the case in the Ukraine conflict.

They are very venerable to surface to air missiles, which the Orcs have a lot of.

'Beggars can't be choosers'? We have given the Ukraine way too much to begin with now they are getting picky on what we give them

A-10s are for when you have air superiority. Not the case in the Ukraine conflict.

They are very venerable to surface to air missiles, which the Orcs have a lot of.

Put another way, the Ukraines just ain't winning this battle unless the world steps in (READ: mainly US), and fights it for them, at some level, as ever dollar of support we send them comes out of the back pocket of some poor American who just spent two years fighting Covid as his job was shut down not letting him live or work and killing his savings and business.

One doesn't even need air superiority, MANPADS will do since the Hog has to get so low, slow and close to use its cannon.
Except the Hog can also fire standoff weapons like Mavericks, JDAMs, Paveways and AGM-154 stand-off attack munitions all of which can kill from beyond manpad range. In fact those are the very weapons the F-35 will use if it replaces the Hog.

And a first world air defense could turn the A-10 into scrap.

Burrrrrrt is fine against a forth world enemy, not so much against others.
This looks like a pretty good track record to me:

The A-10 force, flying more than 8,000 combat sorties, suffered only five A-10s destroyed (a loss rate of . 062 percent). Twenty of these aircraft returned with significant battle damage, and forty-five others returned with light damage that was repaired between sorties.

This looks like a pretty good track record to me:

The A-10 force, flying more than 8,000 combat sorties, suffered only five A-10s destroyed (a loss rate of . 062 percent). Twenty of these aircraft returned with significant battle damage, and forty-five others returned with light damage that was repaired between sorties.
You might include who that track record was against and if viable air defenses were removed before that....If there were any to remove. Some religion of peace guy with a Enfield does not count.

The Stuka was fine in it's role as a tank buster till they met-up with the ever increasing air superiority of the Soviets over the Eastern Front battlefields, then it was running for it's life.....Low-n-slow made for good target practice for a Yak-3.....Just sayin'.

Put another way, the Ukraines just ain't winning this battle unless the world steps in (READ: mainly US), and fights it for them, at some level, as ever dollar of support we send them comes out of the back pocket of some poor American who just spent two years fighting Covid as his job was shut down not letting him live or work and killing his savings and business.

Our money is being wasted by the greed and corruption of these assholes that live off the teat of big government. For instance, just last week Potatohead announced that he was going to use our hard earned money to bail out the filthy ass bloated union pensions. The unions that supported Potatohead. How corrupt is that?

Knowing that government is out of control and gives away our money right and left vacates any expectations of fiscal responsibility. That ship has sailed.

If we are going to provide welfare for everybody and the little brown dog then why not include the Ukrainians that are killing the goddamn Russians? Being a Boomer that grew up with the Russians as our enemy I would rather waste our money doing that than giving Illegals food stamps.

Fuck Ukraine and fuck Russia.

The USG needs to stop provoking war and mind it’s own business. The country is falling apart, but warmongers got to warmonger.

1658669518101.png

last week Potatohead announced that he was going to use our hard earned money to bail out the filthy ass bloated union pensions. The unions that supported Potatohead. How corrupt is that?
Hey, gotta pay back all those lobbies that helped put you in power! Pay them back with taxpayer money from people who did not support your election!

Knowing that government is out of control and gives away our money right and left vacates any expectations of fiscal responsibility. That ship has sailed.
It definitely sailed when Joe gave millions of gallons of our emergency oil reserves for no good reason to China while we pay $5.00/gallon for gasoline here.

Being a Boomer that grew up with the Russians as our enemy I would rather waste our money doing that than giving Illegals food stamps.
At least it is more payback or bribery from Joe to get votes from these people for Joe letting them into the country. None of this is illegal election activity of course, while Trump's phone call asking about Bidden's corruption was so criminal as to be impeachable, then Trump's biggest crime-- -- not accepting the skewed 2020 screwball election results as legal after four years of democrats saying they doubted everything about Trump's election!

It definitely sailed when Joe gave millions of gallons of our emergency oil reserves for no good reason to China while we pay $5.00/gallon for gasoline here.
China has been buying up US companies for decades, something I have never been in favor of.

But there is a process that takes place when oil from the SPR is released. The DOE makes the announcement of the sale, and oil companies bid on the oil. It goes to the highest bidder, and they arrange with the DOE how and when the delivery will happen.

We've released about 30 Mn barrels AFAIK. A little over 5 Mn barrels went overseas, mostly to Asia and Europe. There is a company in Houston called Unipec, which is owned by Sinopec. Unipec bought 950,000 barrels in one of the DOE auctions. I don't know whether or not the oil went to China or elsewhere, it doesn't really matter.

The company is registered to purchase oil from the DOE, so they are allowed to bid. If they are the high bidder, they are the high bidder. That's the law.

And if you look at it another way- Trump added 77 Mn barrels from US suppliers when the price was low, and we sold 30 Mn barrels when the price was high. Buy low, sell high. I could see Trump doing the same thing if oil prices were going crazy, and being happy to brag about the profit.

I can't stand Biden, but not everything that happens is corrupted by his own corruption. The shit that's going on in the world right now is due to the perception of Biden's weakness, and it's being exploited by countries unfriendly to the US.

We should not permit our dislike for Biden to translate into empowerment of our adversaries. We can fix our problems at home without taking a wrecking ball to the Post-WW2 order...

Doubling down on crazy. Here's a piece from Kommersant, Russian MP's are saying US biolabs in Ukraine were creating genetically engineered Super-soldiers. Will conservatives hop on this one too?

Link should auto-translate.

Love the A-10!!!
I was pissed when they talked about getting rid of it!
If anything they should consider building a new version.
I think that the Air Force is snobs about the a-10. Rather than get rid of it, I would prefer that they give it to the army. The Army would know exactly how to use it.

Doubling down on crazy. Here's a piece from Kommersant, Russian MP's are saying US biolabs in Ukraine were creating genetically engineered Super-soldiers. Will conservatives hop on this one too?

Link should auto-translate.

There was the time when I literally admired the Kommersant. I had read it on a daily basis. But it turned out that it also pushed false narratives. It is that outlet which made me believe that the US was overplaying the threat of Russian invasion. Alas, the reality was sobering.

I think that the Air Force is snobs about the a-10. Rather than get rid of it, I would prefer that they give it to the army. The Army would know exactly how to use it.

Yep...
Here you have a relatively cheap aircraft thats easy to fix in the field,can land and take off on shitty airstripes and withstands a lot of hits and saves the guys on the ground on a regular basis.
I'll take that over a hugely expensive aircraft that doesnt have the loiter time and is far more fragile.

Yep...
Here you have a relatively cheap aircraft thats easy to fix in the field,can land and take off on shitty airstripes and withstands a lot of hits and saves the guys on the ground on a regular basis.
I'll take that over a hugely expensive aircraft that doesnt have the loiter time and is far more fragile.
Give the Army the mission and it will produce something like a P-47 Thunderbolt or A-1 Spad. Rugged, easy to fly and easy to maintain at forward bases.

Yep...
Then you would fail spectacularly, in a sky full of enemy fighter aircraft.

China has been buying up US companies for decades
The company is registered to purchase oil from the DOE, so they are allowed to bid. If they are the high bidder, they are the high bidder. That's the law.

And isn't that always the problem AND the excuse?
  1. Foreign companies especially hostile foreign governments shouldn't be allowed to buy up ANYTHING in this country. Do we own any businesses in China? Iran? N. Korea? Everything in this country ought to be US owned.
  2. 'It's the law' is the age-old alibi-- -- when the colonies wanted more of the Indian territory they simply changed the law to make it legal to steal, for the sake of the Indians. When the democrats wanted rampant mail in ballot voting and drop off ballots with no chain of custody, they simply spent most of 2020 making it the law. Now, no matter how seditious and unethical, they can simply say: Hey! It's The Law.
What a beautiful country we live in where no matter how stupid or evil something is, if we want to do it, we simply make it The Law. Isn't it great that anything illegal can become legal? And anything legal can be made illegal. All it takes is Congress or the POTUS to MAKE IT SO. Pen & Paper. We wanted to appropriate all kinds of bank accounts and property from Russia because we didn't like them being in Ukraine so WE JUST MADE IT THE LAW that we could just TAKE other people's bank accounts, ships and things. After all, who but Russia would complain?

When Trump gets back in office, the first thing he should do is make it the law that we seize all property in this country owned by hostile foreign governments and make it the law that we cancel all our debts. If we owe you money, tough cookies, our law now says we can default on debts we don't want to repay. :smoke:

Forum List

Back