Ukraine turns up nose to A-10 offer ..

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
There are so many Stinger and other shoulder fired ground to air missiles possessed by the Russians throughout Ukraine.
That the low and slow A-10's would be easy prey to shoot down.
Given how rich the cartels are now and the A to A MANPAD weapons available to them on the ever expanding black market I don't know if the A-10 would survive trying to shoot them up.....Not for long I don't figure.

... the U.S. offer to supply them with the battle tested aircraft ...

What battles would that be? ...

Ukraine doesn't have the military infrastructure to handle A-10s ... more than just pilots, it's maintenance crews, supply chains ... bullets ... NATO Nations have all this, Warsaw Bloc Nations don't ... Ukraine needs MiGs ... and guns that shoot Warsaw Bloc ammo ...

They can hold out for F-16's til the cows come home. I just have trouble seeing the Congress approve that kind of money at $80M a pop, for birds that very well could end up in Russian hands before it is over.

They don't care about American prosperity. In fact, they've done just about everything they can think of to act antithetical to the very notion. They've a vested interest in keeping this going as long as they can.

Most Republicans in DC are controlled opposition anyway.

Nope. You'll pay for it. Just like everything else.

And a first world air defense could turn the A-10 into scrap.

Burrrrrrt is fine against a forth world enemy, not so much against others.

Not sure the top line russian systems are in Ukraine. Sure the Ukrainians have claimed that our HIMARS have defeated their S-400's but I am a tad skeptical.

Anyway, my spidey sense is Ukraine is trying to sucker us into putting troops on the ground to "help" them with their American aircraft and then throw us down the slippery slope of having to take on the Russians for them. I don't trust them. They are conniving little Russian lites.

A-10 ... when you care enough to send the very best.

640px-Demolished_vehicles_line_Highway_80_on_18_Apr_1991.jpg

A-10s are effin' awesome and we don't have enough of them as it is...so I for one am very pleased that Ukraine snubbed the U.S. offer to supply them with the battle tested aircraft...

A-10's primarily provide close ground support for troops and they are great if you have command of the skies, which the US always does, but they are no match for faster fighter jets if you don't command the skies. Ukraine needs to stop the missiles from Russian planes, ships and mobile launchers and it needs fighter planes to do that. If Ukraine can get control of these missiles, UA ground forces appear to be more than a match for Russian ground forces.

Not sure the top line russian systems are in Ukraine. Sure the Ukrainians have claimed that our HIMARS have defeated their S-400's but I am a tad skeptical.

Anyway, my spidey sense is Ukraine is trying to sucker us into putting troops on the ground to "help" them with their American aircraft and then throw us down the slippery slope of having to take on the Russians for them. I don't trust them. They are conniving little Russian lites.

Americans are very likey already on the ground there.

A-10's primarily provide close ground support for troops and they are great if you have command of the skies, which the US always does, but they are no match for faster fighter jets if you don't command the skies. Ukraine needs to stop the missiles from Russian planes, ships and mobile launchers and it needs fighter planes to do that. If Ukraine can get control of these missiles, UA ground forces appear to be more than a match for Russian ground forces.
Exactly.

Forum List

Back