UK fires up coal power plant

Germany, the Uk, Australia, most states in Africa... wind and solar have failed.

I disagree......

You are assuming that solar and wind were supposed to supply cheap, plentiful, efficient energy.

That is where you went wrong.

Solar and wind were meant to limit the amount of power humans have......more, cheap, plentiful, efficient energy, would allow more people to exist......this is against what the left believes.......humans are over populating the world and destroying the world...according to the climate change cult...

Therefore, they want to limit access to energy.....more energy equals more people....less energy will encourage fewer humans being born...

That was the goal......

Normal people simply want enough energy to live their lives...leftists want less energy to reduce human population....

Hmmm, how about you grow up.

Try dealing with these topics like you made it through elementary school.

Green technology isn't going to be the perfected god of energy right out of the box. Your fossil fuels certainly didn't start off that way.

All of this takes time, there will be hiccups (just like in the development of fossil fuels...if only you knew more about history of this topic).

OH BUT WAIT! Remember: one of the chief energy exporters on the planet just decided to flip everyone on earth the bird by starting a war. This is causing upheaval in the energy markets (you should really pay attention). There's another stressor!

So, in short: you're an idiot. The real world is much more complex than simps like you could ever grasp.

OH BUT WAIT! Remember: one of the chief energy exporters on the planet just decided to flip everyone on earth the bird by starting a war. This is causing upheaval in the energy markets (you should really pay attention). There's another stressor!

Nope......biden shut down U.S. energy production...which has allowed putin to gain control over European energy.....

But, even with this..........Europe has solar and wind....so it shouldn't matter what putin did.....

But since solar and wind don't fucking work........they are scrambling to get more energy before they freeze to death in the winter...

Germany’s carbon emissions have been flat since 2009, despite an investment of $580 billion by 2025 in a renewables-heavy electrical grid, a 50 percent rise in electricity cost.

Meanwhile, France produces one-tenth the carbon emissions per unit of electricity as Germany and pays little more than half for its electricity. How? Through nuclear power.

Then, under pressure from Germany, France spent $33 billion on renewables, over the last decade. What was the result? A rise in the carbon intensity of its electricity supply, and higher electricity prices, too.

Now that we know that renewables can’t save the planet, are we really going to stand by and let them destroy it?

Caveman..........when you aren't talking about guns......you actually make sense....

Nope......biden shut down U.S. energy production...which has allowed putin to gain control over European energy.....

But, even with this..........Europe has solar and wind....so it shouldn't matter what putin did.....

But since solar and wind don't fucking work........they are scrambling to get more energy before they freeze to death in the winter...

What a waste of a post. Maybe you should try learning this stuff. I know it's not guns so it's hard for you, but you really should try.

Are you surprised that Sudan and Libya have the cheapest electric prices in the world? ... Ethiopia is fifth cheapest ... all 3 under 1¢/kW-hr ... Egypt seems to have to pay for all the production and they pay 4.4¢ and rank about twenty-fifth cheapest ... {[url=https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/electricity_prices/]Cite[/url]}

ETA: Linking isn't working ... don't know why ... you can follow the url yourself I guess ...

These countries don't have a lot of oil or coal, virtually no wind and sunshine only half the time ... yet pay less than an American penny per day to run a light bulb ...

Renewables work if they're the onlyables ... they don't use A/C ...

Last edited:
Are you surprised that Sudan and Libya have the cheapest electric prices in the world? ... Ethiopia is fifth cheapest ... all 3 under 1¢/kW-hr ... Egypt seems to have to pay for all the production and they pay 4.4¢ and rank about twenty-fifth cheapest ... {[url=https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/electricity_prices/]Cite[/url]}

ETA: Linking isn't working ... don't know why ... you can follow the url yourself I guess ...

These countries don't have a lot of oil or coal, virtually no wind and sunshine only half the time ... yet pay less than an American penny per day to run a light bulb ...

Renewables work if they're the onlyables ... they don't use A/C ...

What's it like to be so uneducated?

Libya has oil and natural gas. HERE

For god'ssake LEARN SOMETHING once in a while.

I disagree......

You are assuming that solar and wind were supposed to supply cheap, plentiful, efficient energy.

That is where you went wrong.

Solar and wind were meant to limit the amount of power humans have.

What a qanon-type conspiracy bs post. Wow.

.....more, cheap, plentiful, efficient energy, would allow more people to exist......this is against what the left believes.......humans are over populating the world and destroying the world...according to the climate change cult..

You aren't very smart are you?

Another good post Captain Caveman........wow.......the people in hell must need cold weather gear....

It's funny to see how much "CONFIRMATION BIAS" you thrive on.

The minute someone agrees with you they are suddenly brilliant. But god help them if they disagree with you and your limited mental capacity.

LOL.

Warm, still, autumn weather has meant wind farms have not generated as much power as normal, while soaring prices have made it too costly to rely on gas.
As a result, National Grid ESO - which is responsible for balancing the UK's electricity supply - confirmed coal was providing 3% of national power.
It said it asked EDF to fire up West Burton A, which had been on standby.

Hang on, if the UK fires up coal power plant as gas prices soar, what's happened to renewables? I thought those were the saviour, not coal.

Can any alarmist explain how renewables failed us?

Pfft ... Even the European Union changed their definition of Green Energy to include Natural Gas and Nuclear ...
When it became apparent they weren't going to be able to meet any of their goals otherwise.

It's funny to see how much "CONFIRMATION BIAS" you thrive on.

The minute someone agrees with you they are suddenly brilliant. But god help them if they disagree with you and your limited mental capacity.

LOL.

When they agree with me, they are obviously showing signs of an awakening intelligence...when they disagree with me, they are simply fumbling in the dark hoping to see the light.

The sun only shines part of the time, the wind doesn’t always blow. Coal is more reliable and no, GB won’t be covered in ash.

Somebody call up Obama and have him send GB some of that ‘clean coal’ he talked about.

Dunning-Kruger assisted with confirmation bias.
Are you sure you want to be throwing around Dunning-Kruger accusations? Because your last six posts are textbook examples of Dunning-Kruger.

What a waste of a post. Maybe you should try learning this stuff. I know it's not guns so it's hard for you, but you really should try.

Wow, another waste of a post. Huh. So many words, so much typing, so little value.

What's it like to be so uneducated?

For god'ssake LEARN SOMETHING once in a while.

You aren't very smart are you?

Are you an idiot? I guess you don't read much.

Yes, really. You've lost it. abu afak aka Cardinal Carminative returns.

It's so funny that you CAN'T imagine that I'm not a sock puppet.

I guess it's because you don't have original thoughts of your own so you assume that everyone is actually someone else.

Thankfully you aren't actually an engineer because that would be scary as anything to think there were things out in the world YOU were responsible for making! LOL.

It's so funny that you CAN'T imagine that I'm not a sock puppet.

I guess it's because you don't have original thoughts of your own so you assume that everyone is actually someone else.

Thankfully you aren't actually an engineer because that would be scary as anything to think there were things out in the world YOU were responsible for making! LOL.
Are you posting from work again?

Forum List

Back