Can we beat climate change by geoengineering the oceans?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A SPRINKLING of iron ore “glued” onto rice husks using goo from plants hardly sounds like a recipe for saving the planet. Not to mention the fact that the mixture is designed to mimic whale faeces.

And yet if a team of researchers backed by a former chief scientific adviser to the UK government crack this, it could be coming to an ocean near you soon. Theirs is just one of several projects across the world, small in scale but big in vision, looking at a new way to stave off the worst effects of climate change: engineering the oceans.

Similar “geoengineering” proposals are highly controversial, and this idea is no different, horrifying those who warn of the potential unintended consequences of fiddling with sensitive marine environments. But the world’s lack of progress on curbing carbon emissions might make it necessary. A recent report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on how to tackle climate change made clear that deploying techniques to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere will be “unavoidable” if humanity is to achieve net zero carbon emissions around the middle of the century. On land, there are plenty of schemes to do that, from planting trees to machines in Iceland that chemically capture CO2 so it can be buried deep underground. But getting any of them to the scale we need in time to really make a difference is a tough ask. It could be that we need the oceans, too.

Do you know how we like to say that there are no stupid questions? I think we should keep that but smile and say no--firmly.

The obsession to combat Climate Change using Bioengineering is stupid as there is no climate emergency and no runaway warming possible with a CO2 slow increase in the air.

It is having been cooling for 7 years now......
I don't support it.

Do YOU support the easy to prove fact that there is no climate emergency?
The climate is changing. Period. Since you are dedicated to misunderstanding me, I will tell you this in one shot and then you can go fuck yourself. Do I think that it is preventable? No. Do I think that this has become a money pit? Yes. Now, you can go fuck yourself.

A SPRINKLING of iron ore “glued” onto rice husks using goo from plants hardly sounds like a recipe for saving the planet. Not to mention the fact that the mixture is designed to mimic whale faeces.

And yet if a team of researchers backed by a former chief scientific adviser to the UK government crack this, it could be coming to an ocean near you soon. Theirs is just one of several projects across the world, small in scale but big in vision, looking at a new way to stave off the worst effects of climate change: engineering the oceans.

Similar “geoengineering” proposals are highly controversial, and this idea is no different, horrifying those who warn of the potential unintended consequences of fiddling with sensitive marine environments. But the world’s lack of progress on curbing carbon emissions might make it necessary. A recent report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on how to tackle climate change made clear that deploying techniques to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere will be “unavoidable” if humanity is to achieve net zero carbon emissions around the middle of the century. On land, there are plenty of schemes to do that, from planting trees to machines in Iceland that chemically capture CO2 so it can be buried deep underground. But getting any of them to the scale we need in time to really make a difference is a tough ask. It could be that we need the oceans, too.

Do you know how we like to say that there are no stupid questions? I think we should keep that but smile and say no--firmly.
If you got rid of every worthless progressive slave on the planet, there would be no more Global Warming, err i mean Climate Change, because every person who studied chemistry knows that CO2 is a clear colorless, odorless element that does not conduct heat like the progressives tell you it does. What keeps heat, just walk into a greenhouse and all that water vapor is what causes it to be hot.

The climate is changing. Period. Since you are dedicated to misunderstanding me, I will tell you this in one shot and then you can go fuck yourself. Do I think that it is preventable? No. Do I think that this has become a money pit? Yes. Now, you can go fuck yourself.

The reason why I ask you is you posted a series of this bioengineering crap what is the motivation of doing it when the whole thing is utter stupidity because there is no climate emergency.

Climate change is a function of nature, climate is always in flux, climate change as spearheaded by fascist democrats is a globalist scam to force the people of the planet to accept their control over them, we will kill them before that happens, they are the most murderous human conspiracy in all of human history, they have already launched at least one bio-attack upon the planet, perhaps we will launch one right back at them! :poke:

If you got rid of every worthless progressive slave on the planet, there would be no more Global Warming, err i mean Climate Change, because every person who studied chemistry knows that CO2 is a clear colorless, odorless element that does not conduct heat like the progressives tell you it does. What keeps heat, just walk into a greenhouse and all that water vapor is what causes it to be hot.
That's why a dry desert heat of 105 will feel much more comfortable than a muggy 95 in Florida.

It's humid here in NE OK but usually not like FL, Houston, etc...

The reason why I ask you is you posted a series of this bioengineering crap what is the motivation of doing it when the whole thing is utter stupidity because there is no climate emergency.

To be aware of what else is happening in the world and where money is going. I don't need your permission to post. This is the second thread that you have intentionally tried to misunderstand me. I'm done with that shit.

Back in the 1970s they proposed to do some bioengineering to stop the coming cold climate crisis that was being predicted.

They are clueless no matter how you slice it.
But those progressive elites are sure raking in the money from kickbacks from green energy companies.

`geo-` is the prefix that means "earth" ...
`hydro-` is the prefix that means "water" ...

We don't "geoengineer" water ... sheesh ...

=====

I know ...

=====

`urano-` is the prefix that means "heavens" ... you know them damn Greeks ... in from the rear ...
It sounds like you have so much more to say but you find yourself a bit shy. I'm right here, sweetie. You have my full attention for a few moments.

`geo-` is the prefix that means "earth" ...
`hydro-` is the prefix that means "water" ...

We don't "geoengineer" water ... sheesh ...

=====

I know ...

=====

`urano-` is the prefix that means "heavens" ... you know them damn Greeks ... in from the rear ...
Ok. Ten minutes is long enough and I suspected you weren't ready. Have a fantastic night.

It's a solution in search of a problem ... the oceans as they are have been keeping our temperature moderated ... we're better off using that money to but diesel generators for those without electric power ...

Remember: curtailing fossil fuel use deprives the poor of having refrigeration ... or artificial light ... or internet service ... that's heartless and cruel ...

Azolla event.

It's a solution in search of a problem ... the oceans as they are have been keeping our temperature moderated ... we're better off using that money to but diesel generators for those without electric power ...

Remember: curtailing fossil fuel use deprives the poor of having refrigeration ... or artificial light ... or internet service ... that's heartless and cruel ...
axpd36yxqqa91.jpg

the oceans are hotter.

axpd36yxqqa91.jpg

the oceans are hotter.

Do you believe the things you read in The Guardian? ... I can't help you there, son ...

Yes, the oceans are hotter ... makes sense since atmosphere is 1ºC hotter, logically the ocean will be absorbing this energy through the air/water interface until she has an equal temperature ... normal as normal can be ... and heat domes can occur in the South even without this slight warming ...

But you believe in the boogieman and The National Enquirer ... and burning coal to tell everyone about it ...

Do you believe the things you read in The Guardian? ... I can't help you there, son ...

Yes, the oceans are hotter ... makes sense since atmosphere is 1ºC hotter, logically the ocean will be absorbing this energy through the air/water interface until she has an equal temperature ... normal as normal can be ... and heat domes can occur in the South even without this slight warming ...

But you believe in the boogieman and The National Enquirer ... and burning coal to tell everyone about it ...
lkn6pbiw1ra91.jpg

dont believe any news site, look at their source. The report from scientists give the evidence.

Forum List

Back