UFOs: I want to go on record right now.

How do you know we will destroy our planet?
That is absolutely our destiny
My guess within the next 2,000 - 3,000 years.
Way faster if we end up in an unlikely WW III

We are human. And to be human means to put your wants and desires above your own well being. It's what we do

JB tried to tell me my sighting (a rather large, bright round, soundless object) was a Chinese lantern!!! Like you, I know what I saw and it wasn't a lantern.

Many people have done studies of such things sending all kinds of lamps and flares into the sky to see if they'll pass as UFOs. It never works. Not even close. But I understand some people's resistance to the idea: it is rather disconcerting to admit there may be life out there (apparently studying us) that might be as far ahead of us as we are of a chimp, or a protozoa.

Another strange fact in my repertoire that I make no claims for but acknowledge is a comment a friend made to me last time he was at my house just a few weeks before he died (and he knew he was dying): he told me that he had been abducted while young several times by aliens.

I knew this guy very well and while his comment proves nothing, I must admit it was a rather strange claim to make by a man who knew he was dying.

That is absolutely our destiny
My guess within the next 2,000 - 3,000 years.
Way faster if we end up in an unlikely WW III

We are human. And to be human means to put your wants and desires above your own well being. It's what we do
How do you know it is 'absolutely our destiny?' Sometimes wanting to help others makes one put one's wants and desires on the 'back burner' too. Unless, of course, one is just a narcissist.

Many people have done studies of such things sending all kinds of lamps and flares into the sky to see if they'll pass as UFOs. It never works. Not even close. But I understand some people's resistance to the idea: it is rather disconcerting to admit there may be life out there (apparently studying us) that might be as far ahead of us as we are of a chimp, or a protozoa.

Another strange fact in my repertoire that I make no claims for but acknowledge is a comment a friend made to me last time he was at my house just a few weeks before he died (and he knew he was dying): he told me that he had been abducted while young several times by aliens.

I knew this guy very well and while his comment proves nothing, I must admit it was a rather strange claim to make by a man who knew he was dying.
When I was a kid, like I told JB, I actually made those lanterns, I know what they look like and what I saw wasn't that.

How do you know it is 'absolutely our destiny?' Sometimes wanting to help others makes one put one's wants and desires on the 'back burner' too. Unless, of course, one is just a narcissist.
Most people are out for themselves.
It may be ugly and unfortunate. But it is obviously true.
The horrors humanity has done to each other just to make themselves more powerful.
We have turned every single thing that is wonderful... into something ugly.
It is what we do. (Speaking in general as a species throughout history)
Imagine what this world could be if we cared about each other even remotely as much as we do ourselves.

Now you are just being silly. I "imagined" it? Get real. A few years ago I think I actually did a thread somewhere here where I posted photos of the second telescopic aerial object I saw, I must have had my small digital camera handy and took several photos of it afocally through the eyepiece. Some evidence I've found suggests it was just a weather balloon while other things support it being an unknown object.

View attachment 676768 View attachment 676769

But no one on this earth has "hard evidence."

You don't know that at all. You are not being scientific. You sound like one of the people denouncing old myths of "sea monsters" until about ten years ago, researchers finally caught video of 35-45-60 foot long squid deep in the ocean.

I talk about Webb all the time. Do you know it already has a big hole in one of its mirrors from an impact with space debris? Webb is like an electron microscope tunneling into deep space. If you think it is ever going to catch a picture of a spaceship flying by, you are foolish.

Everything we know about life suggests that life is common in the universe and happens anywhere and everywhere it can take foot. I fully expect they'll eventually discover underwater life on one or two of Jupiter's moons, maybe even vestiges deep under the martian soil.

There are literally millions of sightings of UFOs by millions of people going back THOUSANDS of years, including often simultaneous sighting by hundreds of people at the same time such as in Mexico or the Phoenix lights. You keep arguing what you don't believe, which is fine. But that doesn't change WHAT I SAW, and nothing on this Earth can make instant speed and direction changes traveling at the speed of a jet.
It is I who have the hard evidence as I have the Hubble telescope and during its time it never found an alien. I also have all the space missions and we never found evidence of even a single-cell. How long has humankind lived without a shred of evidence? Likely, you and I will die without any evidence. All you will have is your wrong belief. Most of us grow up from those alien stories.

Most people are out for themselves.
It may be ugly and unfortunate. But it is obviously true.
The horrors humanity has done to each other just to make themselves more powerful.
We have turned every single thing that is wonderful... into something ugly.
It is what we do. (Speaking in general as a species throughout history)
Imagine what this world could be if we cared about each other even remotely as much as we do ourselves.
Every human is out for themselves to some extent. There is nothing wrong with that. If, for example, one who enjoys say, making things does so to appeal to other folks and makes a living doing so. Your view negates 'give and take' in every human society. You are talking about sociopaths and narcissists only. People with adverse mental conditions. Why would you do that?

The nearest POSSIBLE life is 1,000's of LIGHT YEARS away.
I'm doubting we have ever been visited.
If they did, why would they be calm, unknown, and silent?

Now, IMO, is there life out there in the Universe that also exists.
Almost certainly YES.
Why would GOD have a favorite and ONLY son?

It is I who have the hard evidence as I have the Hubble telescope and during its time it never found an alien. I also have all the space missions and we never found evidence of even a single-cell. How long has humankind lived without a shred of evidence? Likely, you and I will die without any evidence. All you will have is your wrong belief. Most of us grow up from those alien stories.
The precursors to life have been discovered in space. Molecules that can form membranes capable of encapsulating and protecting molecules have been discovered.

First evidence of cell membrane molecules in space​

The nearest POSSIBLE life is 1,000's of LIGHT YEARS away.
I'm doubting we have ever been visited.
If they did, why would they be calm, unknown, and silent?

Now, IMO, is there life out there in the Universe that also exists.
Almost certainly YES.
Why would GOD have a favorite and ONLY son?
God doesn't, HE created all.

It is I who have the hard evidence as I have the Hubble telescope and during its time it never found an alien.
C'mon, Jimmy, you are drawing conclusions from a non-event. Do you have any idea how narrow a FOV the Hubble has? It is measured in arcseconds. Looking through a straw is far wider. That and the fact that the Hubble never points towards the Earth, the only place where anyone has ever seen a UFO! By some accounts, it is believed these ships travel interdimensionally, and not in a straight line out in space from wherever they are from, which means, there is nothing to see until they show up at their destination!

I also have all the space missions and we never found evidence of even a single-cell. How long has humankind lived without a shred of evidence? Likely, you and I will die without any evidence. All you will have is your wrong belief. Most of us grow up from those alien stories.
Guess you don't know that many of the actual astronauts have seen UFOs while in Earth orbit. My "wrong belief?" Sorry, JB, but disagreeing is one thing, have doubts and hesitance is another, but when someone goes from THEIR personal opinions to labeling what other people have seen and experienced dismissively as a "wrong believe," I realize now you have a totally closed mind incapable of rational discussion and there is no further point talking to you.

The precursors to life have been discovered in space. Molecules that can form membranes capable of encapsulating and protecting molecules have been discovered.

First evidence of cell membrane molecules in space​

Well, this is something, but does it mean that life formed in outer space? It doesn't exactly show that as we haven't found any life out there.

C'mon, Jimmy, you are drawing conclusions from a non-event. Do you have any idea how narrow a FOV the Hubble has? It is measured in arcseconds. Looking through a straw is far wider. That and the fact that the Hubble never points towards the Earth, the only place where anyone has ever seen a UFO! By some accounts, it is believed these ships travel interdimensionally, and not in a straight line out in space from wherever they are from, which means, there is nothing to see until they show up at their destination!

Guess you don't know that many of the actual astronauts have seen UFOs while in Earth orbit. My "wrong belief?" Sorry, JB, but disagreeing is one thing, have doubts and hesitance is another, but when someone goes from THEIR personal opinions to labeling what other people have seen and experienced dismissively as a "wrong believe," I realize now you have a totally closed mind incapable of rational discussion and there is no further point talking to you.
Lol. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Well, this is something, but does it mean that life formed in outer space? It doesn't exactly show that as we haven't found any life out there.
It seems to indicate that membranes can encompass molecules. If you think about it, that is basically what a cell is still, that is taking a giant leap IMO. For me it's something to consider. That's about it.

Last edited:
It seems to indicate that membranes can encompass molecules. If you think about it, that is basically what a cell is still, that is taking a giant leap IMO. For me it's something to consider. That's about it.
Not to me. It just goes to show people are dumb enough to fall for these stories. It doesn't even begin to tell how we got light and spacetime.

The nearest possible life planet is Proxima Centauri
It is a mere 24.78 trillion miles away. In space that is very close. Super close.
Voyager is traveling a sizzling 589 miles per second. Super fast.
But in space... that is moving extremely slow. Unimaginably slow.
If you stood in your backyard and shot off Voyager traveling 589 miles per second.. it would appear to you as if it simply vanished in thin air. Moving so fast you would not see it fly away. But at that speed. It would still take over 6 hours to get to the moon.
To get to Proxima Centauri?.... 73,000 years.

Not to me. It just goes to show people are dumb enough to fall for these stories. It doesn't even begin to tell how we got light and spacetime.
What stories? The ones you think others fall for? I posted what was found not a story.

Certainly not the Earth. We’re not even at the center of our own galaxy. Did you know this?
How do you know for certain that a little planet in the Orion spur of the Milky Way galaxy isn't the very center of the universe?

BTW, you are dodging the question... "where do you think the center of the universe is?"

Forum List

Back