U.S. votes against U.N. resolution condemning death penalty for LGBT people; is this who we are?

Good work by Nikki, not mindlessly pandering to mentally ill sexual deviants and Pedo-friendlies.

I don't know why people care about others sexuality. Who someone loves is none of anyones business. Any nation interested in killing someone for their sexuality probably has their own insecurities about their own sexuality.

As much as Saudi Arabia is an ally on many issues, they are a backwards nation that have about as much in common with the U.S Constitution as North Korea. I am surprised Japan would weigh in on this issue also.

Maybe as the article linked after suggests, America just maintains a position of support for capital punishment, I do think this sends a poor message though. I am quite confident that Trump and the vast Americans do not consider homosexuality a reason for the death penalty. In fact, Trump has called out ISIS for their attacks on the gay community.

I don't know why people care about others sexuality. Who someone loves is none of anyones business. Any nation interested in killing someone for their sexuality probably has their own insecurities about their own sexuality.

As much as Saudi Arabia is an ally on many issues, they are a backwards nation that have about as much in common with the U.S Constitution as North Korea. I am surprised Japan would weigh in on this issue also.

Maybe as the article linked after suggests, America just maintains a position of support for capital punishment, I do think this sends a poor message though. I am quite confident that Trump and the vast Americans do not consider homosexuality a reason for the death penalty. In fact, Trump has called out ISIS for their attacks on the gay community.

Exactly and again the op asshole tries mislead everyone by his bigoted, narrow minded spin.

The US wanted a resolution that narrowed the opposition to the death penalty to LBGT groups. The UN resolution was much to broad and appealed to ending all death penalty situations

This in unbelievable , Unacceptable, and Disgusting . This is the Trump Administration!! Who can defend this?? That is all I have to say!!

U.S. votes against U.N. resolution condemning death penalty for LGBTQ people; is this who we are?

Last week, the United Nations Human Rights Council approved a resolution condemning the use of the death penalty in a discriminatory manner such as consensual same-sex relations. Along with 13 other nations, the United States voted against it. Instead, the U.S. sided with allies such as Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Qatar, Japan and the United Arab Emirates. Bangladesh, China and India also voted against the measure, which still passed along a 27-13 margin.

This did not happen without Trumps approval. Where are all the dumb fucks who claim that he is pro LGBT??

The resolution asked countries that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not 'applied arbitrarily or in a discriminatory manner' and that it is not applied against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities and persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, as well as pregnant women," according to the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Intersex Association (ILGA).

The resolution does not outlaw the use of the death penalty. Instead, it merely condemns its use in cases of "apostasy, blasphemy and adultery" an other similar instances
You sound surprised. Why?

This in unbelievable , Unacceptable, and Disgusting . This is the Trump Administration!! Who can defend this?? That is all I have to say!!

U.S. votes against U.N. resolution condemning death penalty for LGBTQ people; is this who we are?

Last week, the United Nations Human Rights Council approved a resolution condemning the use of the death penalty in a discriminatory manner such as consensual same-sex relations. Along with 13 other nations, the United States voted against it. Instead, the U.S. sided with allies such as Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Qatar, Japan and the United Arab Emirates. Bangladesh, China and India also voted against the measure, which still passed along a 27-13 margin.

This did not happen without Trumps approval. Where are all the dumb fucks who claim that he is pro LGBT??

The resolution asked countries that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not 'applied arbitrarily or in a discriminatory manner' and that it is not applied against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities and persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, as well as pregnant women," according to the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Intersex Association (ILGA).

The resolution does not outlaw the use of the death penalty. Instead, it merely condemns its use in cases of "apostasy, blasphemy and adultery" an other similar instances

Because the the OP isn’t bright enough to figure out what the whole resolution is about, he cherry picked his info, it is dishonest and disingenuous, like most left wingers that feel the need to put right lie to push a false accusation.

Because the the OP isn’t bright enough to figure out what the whole resolution is about, he cherry picked his info, it is dishonest and disingenuous, like most left wingers that feel the need to put right lie to push a false accusation.
Do you think gay people will spend eternity burning in hell?

In 2014 te US abstained on the vote under Obama.

I can’t seem to find anything on that. Did you ever think to provide a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is in YOUR link dumbass! It is obvious that you didn't read it!

He is dishonest and has proved it in thread after thread. He is a bigot, pure and simple.

I think you meant a word that rhymes with bigot.

Just as my actions are between me and my God, their actions are between them and their God. I am in no position to judge others as I have faults of my own. I rely on God’s forgiveness of my sins.

I am curious why you accept a bias, bigoted OP and his bias bigoted web site as gospel and not research what the actual facts are? Seems like your agenda, bias and prejudice is just as bad as others that allow the truth be damned and let propaganda rule your thoughts.

Yes, this is who Trump and his supporters are.

How many do you think will get the death penalty in this country?

In 2014 te US abstained on the vote under Obama.

I can’t seem to find anything on that. Did you ever think to provide a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look and aren't blind you can find plenty. The US does not want a world body to have any say so over our sovereignty.

The Trump administration’s vote is nothing new — presidents from both parties have long objected to U.N. resolutions critical of capital punishment. In December 2016, for example — in the final weeks of Obama’s presidency — the U.S. voted against a resolution urging states not to execute minors, pregnant women, and the intellectually disabled.

Oh and by the way look for your own links.

Just as my actions are between me and my God, their actions are between them and their God. I am in no position to judge others as I have faults of my own. I rely on God’s forgiveness of my sins.

I am curious why you accept a bias, bigoted OP and his bias bigoted web site as gospel and not research what the actual facts are? Seems like your agenda, bias and prejudice is just as bad as others that allow the truth be damned and let propaganda rule your thoughts.
I know what the gospels say. That's why the OP didn't surprise me.

I know what the gospels say. That's why the OP didn't surprise me.

BS, you know what your agenda is and it is easier to accept poor journalism that fits your beliefs than actually research what the real reasons were and make you think. Lazy partisans on both sides of the aisle are the problem with American politics. Thanks for being part of the cause and not the solution.

From your own link:

The U.S. has never voted to support any U.N. measure that condemns the death penalty in any way. The Obama administration did abstain from a similar vote in 2014, according to BuzzFeed News, though that one did not contain provisions for LGBT individuals....

Silly S/H/It :rolleyes:

State Department defends US vote against death penalty ban at the UN

..."The United States clearly has the death penalty, both at the state and the federal level; that is why we voted against this," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told reporters.

The broad resolution criticized the use of the death penalty in several cases, including its use to punish homosexual behavior. Nauert made it clear that the U.S. also opposes the death penalty in these cases, but said it had to oppose the measure in its entirety at the U.N.

"The United States unequivocally condemns the application of the death penalty for conduct such as homosexuality, blasphemy, adultery, and apostasy," Nauert said. "We do not consider such conduct appropriate for criminalization."

"We would absolutely oppose the use of the death penalty in those cases," Nauert said. "As Americans, we promote democracy and human rights and those are a part of our values that we share in our hearts as Americans."

Nauert criticized "misleading" media coverage that implied the U.S. side voted specifically against such theocratic death penalty laws. She also emphasized that a narrower ban would have won U.S. support.

"We voted against that resolution because of broader concerns about the resolution's approach to condemning the death penalty in all circumstances; and, it called for the abolition of the death penalty altogether," Nauert said. "We had hoped for a balanced and inclusive resolution that would better reflect the positions of states that continue to apply the death penalty lawfully, as the United States does."

Not quite what the OP would have us believe, is it?

Forum List

Back