U.S. stock markets are rigged, says author Michael Lewis

They've always been rigged. Always.

What I mean by that, and what Lewis means, is that they're rigged by insiders to take a tiny piece from you. All those tiny pieces they take add up to substantial profits for the insiders. That's been true since they set up the first stock exchange over 300 years ago.

That doesn't mean people shouldn't invest in stocks though.

(Reuters) - The U.S. stock market is rigged in favor of high-speed electronic trading firms, which use their advantages to extract billions from investors, according to Michael Lewis, author of a new book on the topic, "Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt."

U.S. stock markets are rigged, says author Michael Lewis | Reuters

Much of this seems like old news. They sneak in front of you due to paying for the advantage of the speed of light. But at the same time, the bid and ask are much closer than the past, there is more liquidity.

I'm looking for evidence of outright share price manipulation. Does this go on, and how do they do it?

(Reuters) - The U.S. stock market is rigged in favor of high-speed electronic trading firms, which use their advantages to extract billions from investors, according to Michael Lewis, author of a new book on the topic, "Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt."

Much of this seems like old news. They sneak in front of you due to paying for the advantage of the speed of light. But at the same time, the bid and ask are much closer than the past, there is more liquidity.

I'm looking for evidence of outright share price manipulation. Does this go on, and how do they do it?

It is old news. It's a one percenter selling his book.

...says the owner of not one, but two Teslas.

...says the owner of not one, but two Teslas.

I have no books to sell.

Forum List

Back