Obama threatens companies that use background checks due to disparate racial impact

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
If disparate impact is the key, then how does obama justify affirmative action? Hell - that's a government program designed to have a disparate impact. That is its whole justification; to help blacks and hurt whites.

Are Employee Background Checks Racist? The EEOC And FTC Think So - Investors.com

03/27/2014 04:31 PM ET

The Obama administration has threatened employers that run criminal and credit background checks on job applicants, arguing these are racial "barriers" to hiring — even though federal agencies routinely use them.

Last week the Federal Trade Commission joined with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to tell employers that background checks could have a "disparate impact" on black people and expose private firms to lawsuits.

Threatening aggressive enforcement, the agencies released new compliance guidelines: "Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know." They advise employers to "take special care when basing employment decisions on background problems that may be more common among people of a certain race."

Noting that black men are incarcerated at six times the rate of white men, the EEOC said African-Americans are far more likely to have a criminal record that would exclude them from jobs under screening policies.

Disparate impact is a controversial civil-rights theory applied increasingly by the administration, from home loans to school discipline. It relies on statistics to indicate racism, a much lower standard of proof than actual acts of racism.

Background checks is something a company must be able to do. If I were an employer I also wanted to know what kind of people I'm taking into my company. That blacks are often not succeeding isn't racist, but means that they should have behaved better as an individual. If white people are not coming through background checks you never hear the government or whites whining.

• Banned
Another example of disparate impact is our welfare programs. According to the govt itself, blacks are five times as likely as whites to be on SNAP. Why doesn't obozo complain about that?

PS - the actual number is more like "10 times as likely" since obozo classifies lots of hispanics as whites when he's adding up the snappers.

A local story I heard on the radio today. Police stopped a school bus driver - no kids on it at the time - for some infraction only to find he's driving on a suspended license and has several outstanding arrest warrants. First thing I thought of was didn't the bus company run a background check on this clown?

No idea if he's a minority, but the point is checks are important to help weed out the creeps. If someone's got stuff employers don't like, tough shit. Should have thought of that before breaking the law.

Forum List

Back