U.S. Republic- nice while it lasted

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Like I always said- George Orwell was right.

Attacking Tor: how the NSA targets users' online anonymity | World news | theguardian.com
According to a top-secret NSA presentation provided by the whistleblower Edward Snowden, one successful technique the NSA has developed involves exploiting the Tor browser bundle, a collection of programs designed to make it easy for people to install and use the software. The trick identified Tor users on the internet and then executes an attack against their Firefox web browser.

The NSA refers to these capabilities as CNE, or computer network exploitation.
Our Government Has Weaponized the Internet. Here's How They Did It | Wired Opinion | Wired.com
According to revelations about the QUANTUM program, the NSA can “shoot” (their words) an exploit at any target it desires as his or her traffic passes across the backbone. It appears that the NSA and GCHQ were the first to turn the internet backbone into a weapon; absent Snowdens of their own, other countries may do the same and then say, “It wasn’t us. And even if it was, you started it.”

We'll see if the gov't reins itself in but I doubt it

Obama hints at changes in NSA collection of phone data - latimes.com
44 might be a sell-out like most all Repubs but we'll see

Discuss...

You leftists are more in line with this shit than the Right. You douchebags are all too happy to give Big Brother control over pretty much everything in our lives.

Having read your other "thoughts" on a variety of issues, I find your outrage laughable.

You leftists are more in line with this shit than the Right. You douchebags are all too happy to give Big Brother control over pretty much everything in our lives.

Having read your other "thoughts" on a variety of issues, I find your outrage laughable.

that would explain the overwhelming majority of repubs/teapartiers voting for the patriot act right ASSCLOWN? Don't waste my time son :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
This is the best argument one could make for smaller government. If we limited the size of government to only what is essential, there would not be the funds or manpower to do this to us. Everything we give the government, they use against us. Think about that the next time you support raising the debt limit.

The far right and the far left are pro NSA.

The mainstream left of center to right of center condemn it.

Then these same people turn around and call the people in the Tea party, nutters, extremist, anti-government

man on man

Who posted that graphic showing how many teapartiers/repubs voted to reauthorize the *cough* "patriot" act? Bfgrn?

teapartypatriotact1-thumb-475x425-302.png

Last edited:
(T)axed (E)nough (A)lready movement, No wonder Democrats hate that, it cuts back of their expectation for a free ride and overbearingly big government. It's like you're messing with their absolute essence.

Last edited:
(T)axed (E)nough (A)lready movement, No wonder Democrats hate that, it cuts back of their expectation for a free ride and overbearingly big government. It's like your messing with their absolute essence.

But, as was noted, they voted for reauthorizing the *cough* "patriot" act.

Yeah..the Patriot Act was conceived of by Liberals..

Oh wait.

It wasn't.

The far right and the far left are pro NSA.

The mainstream left of center to right of center condemn it.

You are contradicting yourself. NSA is part of big government. I have yet see you say anything against big government You have went as far as attack conservatives and tea party supporters for their frustration at how enormously big and over bearing the government has become.

Last edited:

Yeah..the Patriot Act was conceived of by Liberals..

Oh wait.

It wasn't.

Some republicans don't want it we haven't wanted it for quite some time even when Bush was president we wanted it gone.

If you want to learn about US history, study the campaigns, not the actual time spent in office.
Most campaigns have been won by telling any given audience what it wants to hear and by handing out liquor.

10's of 100's of BILLIONS of (BORROWED) tax dollars $$$ to rake up every bit of info in the world when they can't even catch someone who the ruskies called us and warned us about :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back