U.S. Natural Gas storage is 11.3% lower than last 5 year average.... could America experience high heating cost this winter?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The shortage of LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) is due to "green" policies as states are steering away from coal plants.
Of course with that, as usual with governments, there was no thought put into what effect this would have, or any plans to offset coal usage other than relying on other fossil fuels.
Also pressure is mounting within Washington as murmurs are circulating at providing additional LNG to Europe as they are experiencing the worst energy shortage since WW II. (Oh... you didn't know that? Yeah... stop watching just CNN and you might learn about something other than Mar-E-Lago) So far that pressure is not going anywhere, but with a mentally AWOL President who signs anything placed in front of him... will his handlers and those actually in power once again sacrifice Americans to pay homage to the EU?

As the European crises builds momentum, and winter sets in and their economies collapses due to plants and companies shutting their doors because they can't possibly pay heating bills... what response will America have?
Will Biden choke America's already low inventories to supply Europe with more?

They will probably jack up our prices because they can get away with it in broad daylight, but there are only so many LNG tankers available so all the demand in the world won't mean much if there are no more boats to ship any extra of the stuff. On the plus side, it they jack it up too much, we can go to electric not that I want to. Using natural gas usually keeps my price to heat fairly reasonable and flat most years. When an arctic blast comes, other people around here see their utilities double and mine might go up $30.

They will probably jack up our prices because they can get away with it in broad daylight, but there are only so many LNG tankers available so all the demand in the world won't mean much if there are no more boats to ship any extra of the stuff. On the plus side, it they jack it up too much, we can go to electric not that I want to. Using natural gas usually keeps my price to heat fairly reasonable and flat most years. When an arctic blast comes, other people around here see their utilities double and mine might go up $30.
Uh... because the greenies went away from coal - Natural Gas supplies almost 40% of the nations electric supply.
So "switching to electric" may not do a damn thing. In fact, it would certainly make it worse. The higher demand for converting to electricity is why the reserves are so much lower in the first place

True, the Daughter Diddler in Chief only says what's he's told to say.
Speaking of events not shown on the news... can you imagine the 24 hour screaming by the news if this was Trump's daughter that said she had inappropriate showers with daddy?? OMG... "The View" members would levitate as they screamed due to so much energy blasting out of their faces.
But it was Bidens daughter that said it.... nothing to see here.

Uh... because the greenies went away from coal - Natural Gas supplies almost 40% of the nations electric supply.
So "switching to electric" may not do a damn thing. In fact, it would certainly make it worse. The higher demand for converting to electricity is why the reserves are so much lower in the first place

A lot of our electricity locally comes from dams. Some of it comes from a couple natural gas generators, but the main line comes from 1 dam in particular on a man-made lake. When those lines to that dam go down, most of us are sitting in the dark.

A lot of our electricity locally comes from dams. Some of it comes from a couple natural gas generators, but the main line comes from 1 dam in particular on a man-made lake. When those lines to that dam go down, most of us are sitting in the dark.
And that is not infinite either.
Europe is paying a very -very-very heavy price for it's green policies and the idealistic/catastrophically bad decision to rely nearly entirely on Russia for energy.
Trump told them this 5 years ago when speaking at the United Nations, and the European delegates literally laughed and snickered at him. They are not laughing now. At all.

And that is not infinite either.
Europe is paying a very -very-very heavy price for it's green policies and the idealistic/catastrophically bad decision to rely nearly entirely on Russia for energy.
Trump told them this 5 years ago when speaking at the United Nations, and the European delegates literally laughed and snickered at him. They are not laughing now. At all.

Not infinite but a 20K acre lake loses more to evaporaton than it does to electric generation on most days.

The shortage of LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) is due to "green" policies as states are steering away from coal plants.
Of course with that, as usual with governments, there was no thought put into what effect this would have, or any plans to offset coal usage other than relying on other fossil fuels.
Also pressure is mounting within Washington as murmurs are circulating at providing additional LNG to Europe as they are experiencing the worst energy shortage since WW II. (Oh... you didn't know that? Yeah... stop watching just CNN and you might learn about something other than Mar-E-Lago) So far that pressure is not going anywhere, but with a mentally AWOL President who signs anything placed in front of him... will his handlers and those actually in power once again sacrifice Americans to pay homage to the EU?

As the European crises builds momentum, and winter sets in and their economies collapses due to plants and companies shutting their doors because they can't possibly pay heating bills... what response will America have?
Will Biden choke America's already low inventories to supply Europe with more?

I don't use natural gas so I will not suffer from higher gas prices and my wood stays the same price when I use it to heat the house.

1662074323888.png

Just got my Natural Gas bill..... it rose 30%.
I am on the "budget plan". Where you pay the same amount every month. That monthly price can rise or fall depending upon usage and price of Natural Gas on the market.
Obviously in August we wasn't exactly using more Natural Gas than in July.

Has it already started here??

Just got my Natural Gas bill..... it rose 30%.
I am on the "budget plan". Where you pay the same amount every month. That monthly price can rise or fall depending upon usage and price of Natural Gas on the market.
Obviously in August we wasn't exactly using more Natural Gas than in July.

Has it already started here??

30% compared to when?

I used the exact same amount of NG in Aug 22 as Aug 21. The price difference was just under 5 bucks, or about 11%.

Why do so many people on this forum get ripped off all the time?

Forum List

Back