U.S. deficit falls to $680 billion

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
U.S. deficit falls to $680 billion
The federal government's latest annual deficit is the smallest it's been since 2008, according to Treasury Department data released Wednesday.

At $680 billion, the fiscal 2013 deficit is 51% less than it was in 2009, when it hit a record high nominally of $1.4 trillion.

Treasury: $680 billion deficit for 2013 - Oct. 30, 2013

Most of the decrease is coming out of infrastructure(80-100 billion), science and tech. :doubt: Part of it is of course getting the fuck out of Iraq allowing the defense budget to be cut a little....

Last edited:
Oh blah blah blah.

The levels of government spending were pumped up with Stimulus funding, which has run out. And the sequester is having the desired result of not allowing Obama to increase spending.

Good.

Last edited:
Gee. Only another quarter trillion dollars to go before the deficit is the size of Bush's biggest deficit.

• Banned
As long as we get out of the middle east so we can cut defense to 600 billion/year and work on welfare reform. WEll, that maybe good.

That's the problem. Not education for our children. NOT science, NOT infrastructure....

There was a thread a few days ago with a chart comparing welfare/military spending to tech, science and infrastructure. Proves that welfare and military are vampires on our economy.

• Banned
This proves my point that the American people are being screwed out of everything

NA-AR524_HIGHWA_20080723190451.gif

We're now spending on infrastructure at the lowest percent since 1992

That said, infrastructure spending is in the news again, so here are a few ways to think about the topic. Joe Wiesenthal created this chart to show that U.S. public construction spending as a percentage of GDP has dropped to its lowest point in 20 years, after a big uptick before the recession:
infra-spending-2.png

Now, that's a chart of all public construction spending, from highways to water projects to public hospitals to schools. So what if we just look at highways and roads? We get this chart:

fredgraph.png

Where is all this debt coming from? So you stupid republicans are going to blame infrastructure, science and tech for our problems? Give me a fucking break.

This proves without a shallow of a doubt that the American people are being fucked. Who ever that is pull the strings wants you republicans fools to cut this even more.

science?
http://blogs.cuit.columbia.edu/led2135/files/2012/11/NASA_budget_history.png this doesn't look like it is a driver of debt to me?

Same for r@d
http://www.aaas.org/spp/rd/fy2014/Budget13p.jpg

It is unreal how much of the pie is being taken by welfare and nation building. JEEZZZ.

• Banned
The American people are taking it up the ass for the nation building and out of control welfare spending.

This is reality. Anyone that starts the cutting without these two in mind isn't serious about cutting the debt.

As long as we get out of the middle east so we can cut defense to 600 billion/year and work on welfare reform. WEll, that maybe good.

That's the problem. Not education for our children. NOT science, NOT infrastructure....

There was a thread a few days ago with a chart comparing welfare/military spending to tech, science and infrastructure. Proves that welfare and military are vampires on our economy.

Bullshit it's the job of the federal government. to spend on the military and if we want the best we haft to spend the best

Bullshit it's the job of the federal government. to spend on the military and if we want the best we haft to spend the best

Lol,

North Korea has a big fucking military but without
-r@d tech spending
-Education(17th in the world right now)
-Infrastructure to keep the wheels of the economy running.

We will find our selfs unable to support such a military. I support the military and feel that it should get 600 billion/year.

I want to see half of our air force go over to drones. Why risk the lives of our pilots? When it isn't needed.

I want to see our aircraft carrier fleet maintained.

but I also want our nation to remain a first world nation here at home.

Last edited:

Lol,

North Korea has a big fucking military but without
-r@d tech spending
-Education(17th in the world right now)
-Infrastructure to keep the wheels of the economy running.

We will find our selfs unable to support such a military. I support the military and feel that it should get 600 billion/year.

I want to see half of our air force go over to drones. Why risk the lives of our pilots? When it isn't needed.

I want to see our airforce carrier fleet maintained.

but I also want our nation to remain a first world nation here at home.

Norrth Korea has a third world military with nukes..stupid analogy:cuckoo:

The point remains that we didn't become what we're today without education, science, tech and infrastructure.

Why not spend a few more tens of billions on our children? Take some of the money at the top and spend it within the class room. ;) Reform education to fire a teacher for not producing.

Have a first class space, science and exploration program. Get our children into these jobs like no other nation on earth can....

Repair and build the bridges, roads and seawalls of the future. You certainly support this within the middle east!

All this probably wouldn't cost as much as the increase of welfare and the cost of nation building throughout the middle east. Maybe not even 1/10th....Would do far more for this country as it would feed into our economy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back