U.S. Creates 288,000 Jobs In June, Unemployment Rate Dips To 6.1%

No matter how good the numbers are, the 'Conservatives' are going to deny them. After the shipwreck of the two terms of 'W', they simply cannot accept that a moderate liberal Democratic President who also happens to be black has staightened out their mess. It truly messes up their alternative reality.

Wow...talk about an "alternative reality"! I don't know what's more amusing...that you think Barack Obama is a moderate...or that you think that he's straightened anything out.

What, pray tell, has Barry straightened out? The economy? He's overseen the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression. The stock market has come roaring back but that has zero to do with Obama and everything to do with all of the non-stop quantitative easing that the Fed has been doing year after year after year.

I know you don't want to embarrass yourself by saying he's straightened out US foreign policy! His Middle East policy is such a mess right now that I'm not sure if it's something that CAN be fixed!

The truth of the matter is that Barry's pigmentation has ZERO to do with how I feel about his job performance. He's a real life "Chauncy Gardiner".

AOL.com Article - What's making US economy a world beater? 5 factors

By PAUL WISEMAN
WASHINGTON (AP) -- How does the U.S. economy do it?
Europe is floundering. China faces slower growth. Japan is struggling to sustain tentative gains.
Yet the U.S. job market is humming, and the pace of economic growth is steadily rising. Five full years after a devastating recession officially ended, the economy is finally showing the vigor that Americans have long awaited.
Last month, employers added 288,000 jobs and helped reduce the unemployment rate to 6.1 percent, the lowest since September 2008. June capped a five-month stretch of 200,000-plus job gains - the first in nearly 15 years.
After having shrunk at a 2.9 percent annual rate from January through March - largely because of a brutal winter - the U.S. economy is expected to grow at a healthy 3 percent pace the rest of the year.
Here are five reasons the United States is outpacing other major economies:

We are doing better than just about everybody else, yet all you people can do is to wail doom.

Did you even read the article you cited? There's nothing in there that Barack Obama is responsible for. Quite the contrary actually. The bank fix that they talk about was TARP and that was Bush's baby. The Fed's actions...pumping trillions into the system was given twice. You and the article's author seem to be confusing the health of the Stock Market with the health of the economy! Here's a dose of reality for both of you...as long as the Stock Market is being artificially inflated with Fed quantitative easing it will continue it's "growth"...as soon as the Fed stops the QEing that bubble is going to burst and the market WILL contract in a major way. That isn't me "wailing doom"...that's me being intelligent enough to recognize the inherent weakness of a stock market held up by the Fed.

No matter how good the numbers are, the 'Conservatives' are going to deny them. After the shipwreck of the two terms of 'W', they simply cannot accept that a moderate liberal Democratic President who also happens to be black has staightened out their mess. It truly messes up their alternative reality.

Wow...talk about an "alternative reality"! I don't know what's more amusing...that you think Barack Obama is a moderate...or that you think that he's straightened anything out.

What, pray tell, has Barry straightened out? The economy? He's overseen the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression. The stock market has come roaring back but that has zero to do with Obama and everything to do with all of the non-stop quantitative easing that the Fed has been doing year after year after year.

I know you don't want to embarrass yourself by saying he's straightened out US foreign policy! His Middle East policy is such a mess right now that I'm not sure if it's something that CAN be fixed!

The truth of the matter is that Barry's pigmentation has ZERO to do with how I feel about his job performance. He's a real life "Chauncy Gardiner".

Stay on point - this thread is about the economy. Quit trying to shift gears.

My "point" hasn't changed. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history and much of that is due to his total lack of a plan to get the economy growing and his agenda which has absolutely KILLED job growth!

My "point" hasn't changed. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history and much of that is due to his total lack of a plan to get the economy growing and his agenda which has absolutely KILLED job growth!

You keep trying to post everything in every thread - this thread is not about "foreign policy" It's a thread about the damn unemployment! You guys keep pretending that the numbers don't matter because of how many people are not even looking for work; I've explained why and instead of addressing it, YOU shift gears ... AGAIN.

I have NO CLUE how you can say that this collapse was worse than the great depression of the 30's. You do understand how long it took the US to crawl out of that, right?

Obama's PLAN, just like GW Bush, was to LISTEN to the economist and heeding THEIR advice - not stupid, partisan, DICKHEADS like Ted Cruz.

Last edited:

You keep trying to post everything in every thread - this thread is not about "foreign policy" It's a thread about the damn unemployment! You guys keep pretending that the numbers don't matter because of how many people are not even looking for work; I've explained why and instead of addressing it, YOU shift gears ... AGAIN.

I have NO CLUE how you can say that this collapse was worse than the great depression of the 30's. You do understand how long it took the US to crawl out of that, right?

Obama's PLAN, just like GW Bush, was to LISTEN to the economist and heeding THEIR advice - not stupid, partisan, DICKHEADS like Ted Cruz.

Oh, you must mean Larry Summers and Christina Romer? Are THOSE the economists that you're referring to? The ones that Obama LISTENED to? In case you hadn't heard...they both tucked tail and ran back to their tenured Professorships at Berkeley and Harvard right about when their economic policies resulted in job growth SO BAD that the Obama White House had to come up with a new economic statistic "jobs created or saved" to hide how abysmal it was! Barack Obama HASN'T HAD AN ECONOMIC PLAN SINCE THEN...AND THAT WAS FOUR YEARS AGO!!!

Last edited:
So tell me who it is that Obama is listening to NOW, Cabbie? I bet you don't have the faintest idea who the President's economic advisers are! You know WHY you don't know who they are? Because the Obama White House has given up on the economy and the creation of jobs! They're running out the clock on Barry's second term...pointing fingers at the GOP and whining about how it's not Barry's fault because the GOP won't play fair and give him another huge stimulus to squander.

If Obama REALLY cared about the economy and jobs...his economic advisers would be household names! Why is it that nobody even knows who they are?

So tell me who it is that Obama is listening to NOW, Cabbie? I bet you don't have the faintest idea who the President's economic advisers are! You know WHY you don't know who they are? Because the Obama White House has given up on the economy and the creation of jobs! They're running out the clock on Barry's second term...pointing fingers at the GOP and whining about how it's not Barry's fault because the GOP won't play fair and give him another huge stimulus to squander.

MOST of the economist were saying about the same things - they aren't a bunch of partisan hacks, jaw-jacking and posturing AFTER the fact.

To get the economy corrected, you have to act. There is no earthly reason to to try and "create" more jobs right now with the economy going in the direction it's going - that's just a bunch of GOP nonsense. Right now, the government just needs to get out of the way.

There is a separate issue about the paltry earnings of Americans in general, though.

That needs to be addressed much more more than unemployment at this point.

You don't have a clue who Obama's economic advisers are...do you, Cabbie? Think long and hard about that. In poll after poll, the American people have said that their biggest concern is the economy and jobs. So how can it possibly BE that you don't know who Barack Obama's Chief Economist is? You know why you don't know? BECAUSE OBAMA HASN'T EVEN TRIED TO FIX THE ECONOMY IN YEARS NOW! He's fixated on finding some way to still get his progressive agenda enacted by end runs around Congress.

I wonder how many of the record long term unemployed feel the same way as you and Barry do...that income inequality is more important than unemployment?

You don't have a clue who Obama's economic advisers are...do you, Cabbie? Think long and hard about that. In poll after poll, the American people have said that their biggest concern is the economy and jobs. So how can it possibly BE that you don't know who Barack Obama's Chief Economist is? You know why you don't know? BECAUSE OBAMA HASN'T EVEN TRIED TO FIX THE ECONOMY IN YEARS NOW! He's fixated on finding some way to still get his progressive agenda enacted by end runs around Congress.

That is very evident to all of us not blinded by left wing propaganda or those who are D party partisans.

Remember the old D Party adage, "It's the economy STUPID?" Apparently those on the left don't care about the economy any more...just as Big Ears doesn't...and the MSM ignores his constant economic failures.

I wonder how many of the record long term unemployed feel the same way as you and Barry do...that income inequality is more important than unemployment?

I don't think about how bad the economy is - I never had too. I've always had plenty of work every freakin time I ever needed it.

I have a police record and a mental health record a mile long, but people still hire me because I work hard, I'm never late, I don't call out, I'm honest, etc.

Obama has never did ANY of that stuff - it was all Mad Cabbie. No one ever needed to hand me a thing, certainly not the POTUS.

I see people whining all the time about not working and I just shake my head - most people not working chose NOT to work.

The gubmint can't fix laziness.

As long as I can walk to the public library and use their computer, I can make money. It isn't even that hard. I used to buy land and sell land on the internet with almost NO funds. I used my tiny "girl" pickup truck to make $100.00 a day scraping metal.

Good lord! I wouldn't hire myself no matter how desperate I was for workers and I still turn down jobs ALL THE TIME!!!

The report failed to mention that 287,973 jobs went to illegals who were hired (at sixty five cents an hour) to maintain the White House grounds.

Just to bring everybody into Realville, the economy LOST 523,000 full time jobs and GAINED 840,000 part time jobs!!!

Only hyperpartisan nutters think this is magical!!!

But here is the sobering poop >>>

What's Lurking Beneath the Glossy Veneer of the Jobs Report? Washington's Blog

The middle class continues to be crushed under this administration.

It certainly does appear that this administration, with help from the D Party and the MSM, is intent on destroying the middle class. Some postulate that since the Ds have already captured much of the wealthy, through crony capitalist policies and big government corporate welfare...and they certainly have captured the poor...the only thing left, is the middle class.

Could also explain why BO and Ds are intent on flooding the nation with cheap, ignorant, illegal immigrants to further weaken and impoverish the middle class.

Last edited:
Summer job at Dairy Queen will not replace the good paying manufacturing jobs that were lost to China and Mexico because of so called "free-trade." Thank's Clinton, Gore, Biden, Kerry and other free-trade Dem's for throwing in with Republican's in Senate back in 1990's.

Summer job at Dairy Queen will not replace the good paying manufacturing jobs that were lost to China and Mexico because of so called "free-trade." Thank's Clinton, Gore, Biden, Kerry and other free-trade Dem's for throwing in with Republican's in Senate back in 1990's.

That's odd, the average household wage continues to rise:

mercerpayincreases.png

???

Forum List

Back