U.S. 'considering' diplomatic boycott of Beijing Olympics

Not logistically possible, too many goods are made in China, essential ones included. Even more so now than 20 years ago.

I would bet even US made cars use some Chinese electronic parts.

The Buick Enclave is totally made in China! (or up to just recently, was.)

Yup, and that's our fault. We depend on our adversaries where we should have never relinquished our
industries like we have.
We are fully capable of rebuilding it. Cars don't need circuit boards anyways . Engines don't care about a sensor that says....HEY COMPUTER I'M RUNNING.

We are fully capable of rebuilding it. Cars don't need circuit boards anyways . Engines don't care about a sensor that says....HEY COMPUTER I'M RUNNING.
In like 20-30 years at least. At least, probably need more time.

Well, ok, cars can be done old style, but even those had some electronics.

What about computers and TVs? Vacuum cleaners? Phones? And so on...

"Nobody really cares if these people come or not. This will not affect the successful holding of the Winter Olympic Games in Beijing in any way. This is just political manipulation. No invitations were sent to American politicians anyway," said Liu Pengyu, a representative of the Chinese Embassy in Washington.

The problem is we get a lot our products from them. And they know it. We have funded our own demise and we are in denial.

When we start hammering the US businesses doing business there, I'll start taking all of this seriously.

What a meaningless gesture. Just leave the games alone.
Yeah... This is where Joe, again, just does something completely ape-shit puzzling for some bizarre "win" of showing strength or showing compassion or whatever. Like when he did the whole video at the George Floyd memorial.... I know he was campaigning at the time and all but wow... why even posture yourself like that at the man's funeral. Now...18 months later we have a sick fuck run over people in Wisconsin... I haven't paid super close attention to it but I haven't heard of any grand gesture by Biden to honor those who died under tragic circumstances. I know its not the same thing but if you're going to show empathy for those who die through inexplicable violence...you'd figure he'd be more aligned with the young and innocent instead of someone like Floyd who had a violent past. The whole "we're not sending a delegation" is the same sort of unforced error of looking either opportunistic or looking, worse in my view, weak.

U.S. 'considering' diplomatic boycott of Beijing Olympics​

It's now official. The US will boycott the games.

China's response: "Nobody cares if they come or not."

Global Times response: "China is relieved hearing the news that the Americans won't be coming as the fewer Americans the less chance of the virus coming into the country."

"Such a pretentious act is merely political manipulation".

We should be bringing manufacturing back to the US-----like..like..like----TRUMP DID.

We should be bringing manufacturing back to the US-----like..like..like----TRUMP DID.

Except that only happened in your

1638884925920.png

The United States has decided to arrange a diplomatic boycott of the Olympic Games in China, said Jen Psaki.

"Boycotts" now look like this. A bunch of politicians who consider themselves an exceptional nation will not go to a country with a population of one and a half billion people.

You know that expression of the guy who doesn't get his way, "I'm taking my ball and going home". In this case, China has lots of balls ... and they're big too.

:dance:

Well, it is one step above meaningless but, yeah, this is the crap that the left love, meaningless gestures. This will have China shaking in their shoes. They'll never invade Taiwan now and they will never commit humanitarian crimes again. And, if Russia invades Ukraine, Biden has already signaled that he has sanctions all line up. Russia will be pulling back any minute now.

Well, it is one step above meaningless but, yeah, this is the crap that the left love, meaningless gestures. This will have China shaking in their shoes. They'll never invade Taiwan now and they will never commit humanitarian crimes again. And, if Russia invades Ukraine, Biden has already signaled that he has sanctions all line up. Russia will be pulling back any minute now.

Well you were on the right track, but you went wrong in saying it is only the left that loves meaningless gestures. Same coin, different sides the right and left are in our government.

Forum List

Back