U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

Police deliberately make situation as dangerous as possible, for no good reason.

That's not true.

Spare us all your broad brushing of police.

The broad brush is deserved because when one cop does something bad or wrong, the other cops don't condemn it.
That makes them all complicit after the fact. It prevents fixing things so will cause the next murder.

Oh my, you are mentally ill, my friend.

Or just blissfully ignorant of how police are trained.

Don't you love some white guy screaming racist, racist, racist in your face because you're white and then thinking how great that makes him and all the free shit he should get for it?

Rigby5 should apologize for being in the party of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, lynching and segregation instead of crowing about it
old rigby believes you and I should die because floyd died. he just said so. wow!!!!

No, what I said is that you and I should have to pay for broken windows because we did not change the illegal way we know the police are being trained and protected.

Again you're lying and portraying a tiny fraction of police as the standard. You're the white guy who cried racist and saying how wonderful you are and you want free shit for it

Wrong.
Although police do rarely pull the trigger to murder people illegally, they illegally point guns at people all the time, and do not condemn illegal murders by other police.
Which makes them accomplices.
The murder of Ashli is proof.
Police illegally shoot unarmed people who are no threat, and the rest of the police say nothing.
Which ensures it will be repeated.
If police were responsible, they would all admit the shooting of Ashli not only was illegal for killing her, but endangering everyone else, including the 2 cops standing next to her.
Apparently, being a conservative nowadays means a complete and total rejection of objectivity and common sense.

Yeah, show me a conservative on a jury and a conservative defendant who's accused of committing a crime (like Ashli nutcase Babbitt or Kyle Rittenhouse) and despite overwhelming evidence that points all the other jurors to vote guilty, I have no problem believing that the conservative juror will not only vote not guilty, he'll also throw them a parade.
And canonize them.

From the party who worships Biden. That's classic. Democrats - accuse others of what you do.

You can't even specifically condemn violence committed by actual leftists, you only make a general bull shit statement you don't support any violence. You're completely brainwashed by the Democrat party
"worships Biden"? No, hun. We are not a cult of personality like your orange cult worshipping your orange god.

Police deliberately make situation as dangerous as possible, for no good reason.

That's not true.

The broad brush is deserved because when one cop does something bad or wrong, the other cops don't condemn it.
That makes them all complicit after the fact. It prevents fixing things so will cause the next murder.

Don't you love some white guy screaming racist, racist, racist in your face because you're white and then thinking how great that makes him and all the free shit he should get for it?

Rigby5 should apologize for being in the party of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, lynching and segregation instead of crowing about it
old rigby believes you and I should die because floyd died. he just said so. wow!!!!

No, what I said is that you and I should have to pay for broken windows because we did not change the illegal way we know the police are being trained and protected.

Again you're lying and portraying a tiny fraction of police as the standard. You're the white guy who cried racist and saying how wonderful you are and you want free shit for it

Wrong.
Although police do rarely pull the trigger to murder people illegally, they illegally point guns at people all the time, and do not condemn illegal murders by other police.
Police illegally shoot unarmed people who are no threat, and the rest of the police say nothing.
If police were responsible, they would all admit the shooting of Ashli not only was illegal for killing her, but endangering everyone else, including the 2 cops standing next to her.
Apparently, being a conservative nowadays means a complete and total rejection of objectivity and common sense.

Yeah, show me a conservative on a jury and a conservative defendant who's accused of committing a crime (like Ashli nutcase Babbitt or Kyle Rittenhouse) and despite overwhelming evidence that points all the other jurors to vote guilty, I have no problem believing that the conservative juror will not only vote not guilty, he'll also throw them a parade.
And canonize them.

From the party who worships Biden. That's classic. Democrats - accuse others of what you do.

You can't even specifically condemn violence committed by actual leftists, you only make a general bull shit statement you don't support any violence. You're completely brainwashed by the Democrat party
"worships Biden"? No, hun. We are not a cult of personality like your orange cult worshipping your orange god.

You can say that again. It's not just important to note that Obama and Biden have never done anything remotely like what Trump did on Jan 6, 2021, I don't think either man would ever consider doing something so incredibly divisive and destructive, because, unlike Trump, Obama and Biden love our country, and they wouldn't knowingly do anything to tear it down.

No, what Biden did was far worse endorsing a summer of leftists killing, looting, rioting and destroying our inner cities.

You're yet another Nazi Democrat cultist

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

You're a tool, and not a particularly effective one, kind of like a dull knife.

I am not a Democrat. I've never registered with any political party. Consequently, I don't worship Biden. I've voted for Democrats AND Republicans in the past.

Having said that, I saw Trump as lazy, incompetent, corrupt, and nothing short of a compulsive unapologetic liar who didn't care about anything other than the aggrandizement of his fragile ego which seemed to crave constant affirmation.

On the other hand, I saw Biden as a man with decades of experience in gov't who, unlike Trump, understood public policy, and how to work within the system to accomplish things instead of tearing things down around him like Trump did.

For a person like me who's not motivated by all things partisan first, it was a no brainer who to support. However, I have to admit that I am concerned about Biden's massive spending priorities because I think it could very well be too much spending in too short a period of time. But it's not like Trump was much better since his signature legislative accomplishment was a massive tax cut for himself and his wealthy friends which McConnell described at first as revenue neutral only to later claim that it would increase revenues, and of course neither claim was true since deficit spending increased as a result of Trump's increased spending combined with lower tax revenues.

Yeah, Kaz. He's not a Democrat; he's a Democrat fluffer.
I'm not a fluffer, but I was a flufernutter a few decades ago.

I agree you're not a fluffer. You're hard core Democrat consumed with racist and fascist hate. You don't just fluff

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

Nobody worships Biden and nobody worshipped Obama. There is no loyalty oath to the fearless leader required for Democrats.

We even had members of the Party criticize Biden's policies and he didn't threaten to primary them, nor did he fire them. Instead, he listened to the criticisms, and changed his policy. Imagine that!!! A politician who doesn't fly into a Twitter rage if someone disagrees with him.

What a concept!!!

Oh please, all of you Democrats worship Biden. Just cut the lying, racist

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

I am not a Democrat. I've never registered with any political party. Consequently, I don't worship Biden. I've voted for Democrats AND Republicans in the past.

Having said that, I saw Trump as lazy, incompetent, corrupt, and nothing short of a compulsive unapologetic liar who didn't care about anything other than the aggrandizement of his fragile ego which seemed to crave constant affirmation.

On the other hand, I saw Biden as a man with decades of experience in gov't who, unlike Trump, understood public policy, and how to work within the system to accomplish things instead of tearing things down around him like Trump did.

For a person like me who's not motivated by all things partisan first, it was a no brainer who to support. However, I have to admit that I am concerned about Biden's massive spending priorities because I think it could very well be too much spending in too short a period of time. But it's not like Trump was much better since his signature legislative accomplishment was a massive tax cut for himself and his wealthy friends which McConnell described at first as revenue neutral only to later claim that it would increase revenues, and of course neither claim was true since deficit spending increased as a result of Trump's increased spending combined with lower tax revenues.

After 40 years of no investment infrastructure, education or research, there's a lot to catch up on. And after 40 years of being awash in so much cash they can't spend it all, it's time for corporations and the wealthy to chip in. A

If you spend money and build a house, you have a valuable asset. The same with national infrastructure. Other nations invested in broadband 20 years ago. Same with roads, bridges, clean water, and education. The USA has done nothing but cut taxes for the past 40 years. Time for a change.

But I was very encouraged when Biden said his programs will not add to the deficit. He will tax, before he spends.

Why would a Canadian care what we spend on "infrastructure?" You're a zombie Democrat, you'll repeat anything your party says, racist

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

After 40 years of no investment infrastructure, education or research, there's a lot to catch up on. And after 40 years of being awash in so much cash they can't spend it all, it's time for corporations and the wealthy to chip in. A

If you spend money and build a house, you have a valuable asset. The same with national infrastructure. Other nations invested in broadband 20 years ago. Same with roads, bridges, clean water, and education. The USA has done nothing but cut taxes for the past 40 years. Time for a change.

But I was very encouraged when Biden said his programs will not add to the deficit. He will tax, before he spends.

Why would a Canadian care what we spend on "infrastructure?" You're a zombie Democrat, you'll repeat anything your party says, racist
That ain’t her party she doesn’t live here

she’s alone koo, koo, koo, koo, koo, koo kooo

It's been said before on this venue......and we wish to bring no further pain to Ms. Babbit's family; however, the old folk wisdom applies here:

Play stupid games, Ashley........and you will win a stupid prize.

RIP
The one who did something stupid was the cop. Now he’ll get to pay for it. Guess Floyd, the punk in Chicago, and a bunch of other criminals played stupid games and got their stupid prizes.

The family should be suing Donald Trump for the Big Lie, and inciting the insurrectionists. That suit would have a reasonable chance of succeeding. This one will be tossed.
No it’s won’t. Medical examiner ruled homicide. Opens the door wide for a civil suit against this murdering cop.
The Capitol cop was a hero....he deserves a medal. I understand Rush Limpballs doesn't need his anymore.

Wrong.
There was no legal basis for shooting, and he just missed accidentally harming the 2 cops right next to Ashli.
Funny how the findings that it was a good shoot disagree with you. But, of course, you know better than those investigating the shooting do.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

It's pretty funny how you say you're not a cult while proving you're a cult. Democrats told you that you don't worship Joe and we do worship Trump, so like an obedient little cultist, you believe that
Irony there from a on-his-knees orange cultist. Need some knee pads? Amazon product

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

That ain’t her party she doesn’t live here

she’s alone koo, koo, koo, koo, koo, koo kooo
And insurrectionist Babbitt is dead...koo koo ka choo.

We will burn every city down unless they win!n unarmed

At least we’ll learn the name of the murderer.

An unarmed rioter is still a riotor and can still pose a threat to an officer by sheer numbers
A single woman constitutes "sheer numbers"? I don't think so.

And again, not even a warning shot.
That is deliberate murder.

Do police normally fire a warning shot?

We will burn every city down unless they win!

Key words in this article are "plans" to sue them. Also "within the next 10 days" to file a lawsuit.
This interview was given by the family's lawyer...who can speculate all he wants. It don't make it truth. :)
Big hill to climb to get this kind of judgement..even civil-wise.

She was participating in an insurrection that she as a military veteran should have known was wrong and contrary to the oath she took.
My guess??...settlement for a paltry amount vs the amount her family's hotshot lawyer is demanding.
Hilarious you think a few dozen unarmed people can overthrow the government.

Just think what we’re going to accomplish this summer with our 230 million guns and 40 billion rounds of ammo.

Oh just stop. By all conservative (yes, my joke) estimates, almost 800 people actually breached and traipsed the Capitol halls.
That's not to speak of the hundreds outside just lounging about on the steps and the wings of the Capitol.

So..you gonna shoot yourselves this summer? Cause, that'll be fun.
Traipsing and lounging.......does not a riot make.

Looting, assaulting, burning, murdering....all in the hallmarks of a BLM/Antifa riot in full display for months and you still don't recognize a real riot.?

There was more than traipsing and lounging going on. Ransacking, theft, assault and battery, breaking windows, calling for the VP and the Speaker to be hanged. That';s not even taking into account the assault on our democracy.
Honestly, When are we gonna stop the rationalizations?

I don't care how many riots over social justice you quote. They pale in comparison to what went on the 6th of January.
The people inside the building were "traipsing and lounging" and those are not my words but the words of a witness and video. Outside it was quite rowdy and some protesters got out of hand or it may have even been infiltrators.

No buildings were burned, no looting, some minor assaults, minor damage and minor theft in the space of a few hours. The worst was the murder of a veteran by a Capitol cop.

Compare that to months of media manipulated violence and looting, cities in flames and millions of dollars in damage, cops assassinated across the country while doing their jobs or just sitting in their vehicles....all in the name of "Social Justice" because a criminal died of a drug overdose in police custody. And it's still going on. There is no comparison.

It's been said before on this venue......and we wish to bring no further pain to Ms. Babbit's family; however, the old folk wisdom applies here:

Play stupid games, Ashley........and you will win a stupid prize.

RIP
The one who did something stupid was the cop. Now he’ll get to pay for it. Guess Floyd, the punk in Chicago, and a bunch of other criminals played stupid games and got their stupid prizes.

The family should be suing Donald Trump for the Big Lie, and inciting the insurrectionists. That suit would have a reasonable chance of succeeding. This one will be tossed.
No it’s won’t. Medical examiner ruled homicide. Opens the door wide for a civil suit against this murdering cop.
The Capitol cop was a hero....he deserves a medal. I understand Rush Limpballs doesn't need his anymore.
Now slandering the dead. As well as veterans. Showing what a fat piece of shit you are. Ruling of HOMICIDE. Opens the door for a civil suit. Laugh all you want (in violation of the rules as usual). Doesn’t change the fact that you support a murderer.

The USA has done nothing but cut taxes for the past 40 years. Time for a change.

I have never seen someone on this board so blatantly and openly advocate for raising taxes on the middle class in my life.
Oh really? The Middle Class makes $400,000 a year?

Uh yeah? That's called "upper middle class" you dolt.
Really? I wish I made that much....to pay taxes under the Biden plan.

Well, quit making stupid remarks at me and go chase your dreams!
What Is a Middle-Class Income?
Income groupIncome
Poor or near-poor$32,048 or less
Lower-middle class$32,048 - $53,413
Middle class$53,413 - $106,827
Upper-middle class$106,827 - $373,894

Dragonlady is advocating for raising taxes on every income bracket. Do you know how I know?

There are no stated qualifiers in the quoted statement, she doesn't specify which bracket shouldn't be taxed.

So, therefore, your argument is moot. My argument stands.

Now I'm curious what this has to do with the lawsuit or the wrongful death of Ashli Babbitt.

We will burn every city down unless they win!n unarmed

An unarmed rioter is still a riotor and can still pose a threat to an officer by sheer numbers
A single woman constitutes "sheer numbers"? I don't think so.

And again, not even a warning shot.
That is deliberate murder.

Do police normally fire a warning shot?
No, they do not.

And the Capitol Police will win the lawsuit.

she was trespassing on Capital ignoring police orders to stand down busting open a window to crawl through when she was shot, taking part in the attack on the US Capitol building during which other members of the group shoe is whiskey made threats against the lives of police and members of Congress as well as the vice president.

They had every reason to believe she was armed and no way to know she wasn't and gave her numerous warnings to stand down before shooting.

Tresspassing does not justify lethal force.
There is nothing in the video as to the shooting cop ordering anything or saying any warning.
She did NOT bust out the window. Others did that.
No one made threats that I heard.

They had NO reason to believe she was armed.
No one inside was armed but the police.
They can't shoot UNLESS they first see an actual weapon.
Again, there were NO warnings by the police.
It does when you're taking part in a violent attack on the Capitol building, during which threats were made against the lives of members of Congress and the vice president as well as direct attacks on police officers.

The police have no way of knowing that she was unarmed or that she did not directly take play a part in the violence. they are going to treat every single person who took part in that attack as if they are armed and dangerous and that is the proper way of treating groups like this.

She knew that the group was violent and she willingly went with them her death is on her hands and no one else's.

I don't believe any violent intent was at all implied at any time.
Just like in the days of the founders, politicians would frequently be hung in effigy.

The police do not have to know for sure she is unarmed.
You legally can not shoot until you do see a weapon.
Considering anyone armed and dangerous is totally and completely illegal.
She knew the group was totally and completely NONVIOLENT.
If an unarmed woman can be shot just incase, then all police can be deliberately and instantly shot because they really ARE armed and dangerous.
The easy way to prove an assumption like yours is wrong is just to apply it universally or in reverse.
So you clearly are wrong.
The capital occupiers were wrong about the election, but had absolute right to demonstrate by occupying the capital, in order to gain the media attention they thought they deserved.
It is only if they had stayed over night that there would have been a problem.
members of the same group had already attacked several officers and made very vocal threats against various Congress members and the vice president. put the police had every reason to believe that every single member of that group was violent armed and dangerous. They gave numerous warnings that anyone who attempted to break through the door would be shot on sight and those warnings were not heeded.

That whole thing was really weird.

A bunch of over excited morons ran into the capital and broke some stuff and caused a rukus and left before night even fell. They were universally labeled as terrorists, reported as killing someone, violent and so on. Pretty much everyone all but said they should be banned or killed along with republicans and people not a democrat.

Meanwhile no one talks about the multiple cities around the nation being destroyed, burned, looted, bystanders hardware, police threatened and attack by groups of people making demands and actually being terrorists. It's been going over a year and no one ever talks about it in the news.

Then you have the cop that was reported as being killed during the capitol attack with images of someone swinging a fire extinguisher. But the man died of a stroke and even his own mother said there was so physical trauma but no one really reported it on tv.

Meanwhile a unarmed woman was shot and killed while on her hands and knees crawling through a barricade and no one really talks about it on tv because she was part of the terrorist attack on the capital.

And still the national guard is setup at the capital for no apparent reason other than "there might maybe could be more terrorists attacking our nation". And trump is still living rent free in the heads of the democrats.

I can't think of better proof of the democrats trying to push a narrative and the media going right along with them to help their agenda.

The fact is that this animal was trying to force their way into the capitol unlawvfully. She was not a passive standbyer. She was a active participator in a act of sedition.

The fact is that nearly everyone of the protests were peaceful. There were also right wing agitators who were trying to provoke violence. Also the police mishandled the situation by coming out in militarized clothing and equipment. How much was done by these outside forces and protestors is unknown. However the vast majority of protests were peaceful.
Good to know the police can gun down unarmed people for trespassing now.

They have every right to stop a mob breaking into the capitol.
then they have that right in riots in our cities across the country. why are they standing down? wait, unless, if they were conservatives shoot order is given? aha, gotcha, free to murder conservatives, they don't agree with you. there you go.

Forum List

Back