U.S. Army Ranger charged in beating death of female Tacoma security guard

I can't for the life of me understand why she opened that door for him.
Sounds like a brutal sonovabitch. One question though, how can he be charged as the story states.
"Byrne is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree kidnapping and one count of first-degree burglary."

Did they leave something out? He could not kill her twice. After he killed her the first time, she was pretty much dead. I can see a charge of kidnapping as he dragged her around, but did he also kill and kidnap somebody else? I only took a couple of semesters of Business Law, so I don't understand how this works.

Sounds like a brutal sonovabitch. One question though, how can he be charged as the story states.
"Byrne is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree kidnapping and one count of first-degree burglary."

Did they leave something out? He could not kill her twice. After he killed her the first time, she was pretty much dead. I can see a charge of kidnapping as he dragged her around, but did he also kill and kidnap somebody else? I only took a couple of semesters of Business Law, so I don't understand how this works.
These days they overcharge to intentionally get the suspect to cop a plea.

I can't for the life of me understand why she opened that door for him.

It's a horrible thing to happen to anyone. But I think I'll reserve judgement on him till the toxicology report comes back. From the details in the story it sounds like he could have be drugged. It will all come out eventually, so no need to rush to conclusions just yet.

I wonder if she was pregnant?

It's a horrible thing to happen to anyone. But I think I'll reserve judgement on him till the toxicology report comes back. From the details in the story it sounds like he could have be drugged. It will all come out eventually, so no need to rush to conclusions just yet.

Well I am sure that there are drugs involved----whether he took them or someone snuck them to him I don't know.

The U.S. Military seems reluctant and as a matter of fact incompetent in it's mission to execute convicted prisoners. There hasn't been a military execution since 1961. A convicted prisoner has been on death row in Leavenworth since 1989 and is likely to die from old age. The notorious Major Hasan was convicted without a doubt of killing 13 of his own men and wounding several dozen more than a decade ago and yet the U.S. military can't bring itself to do the right thing. Don't get excited about the conviction of the Army Ranger. It's likely he will die of old age.
This attack didn't happen on a base. The Army doesn't have jurisdiction.

While this is horrible it shows why women should no be in combat positions.
Police or military.

Idiot.

Men are murdered in the same way. It is very easy to kill. The social contract is that we must determine if your death is justified or not. If it is not we owe it to everyone to hold the murderer accountable.

Degrading it to an asinine proof of your sexist theories diminishes the crime and demonstrates your lack of integrity.

Tumblin Tumbleweed the physical proof proves women should not be in combat roles
...not only are they smaller. have smaller muscle mass, that muscle takes longer to recover -DOUBLE whammy there
..I've been over this many times....the stats/proof is undeniable
..sure, you have a FEW, that can keep up....but not many per capita

..that's why they have a Men's and a Women's Olympics --separated
Also, PT was still significantly less than baseline from T1 to T4 for both genders. In contrast, recovery from PT was longer in women when compared with that in men.

Idiot.

Men are murdered in the same way. It is very easy to kill. The social contract is that we must determine if your death is justified or not. If it is not we owe it to everyone to hold the murderer accountable.

Degrading it to an asinine proof of your sexist theories diminishes the crime and demonstrates your lack of integrity.
you are the idiot--I post facts, you post crap ...see post # 38
...and you are forgetting RAPE

As of 1998, an estimated 17.7 million American women had been victims of attempted or completed rape.5

These days they overcharge to intentionally get the suspect to cop a plea.
It can and does backfire. I was on a jury about 5 or 6 years ago, where the gap between what was charged vs what they even tried to prove, yet failed miserable on multiple point, it pissed me off, and I lead that jury to let the young man (who had never had any juvenile or adult criminal record before) skate on everything. It was as if they thought the more charges were piled on, added weight in and of itself.

I wonder if she was pregnant?
Why? Was there something to indicate he knew her when he came into and the female guard ordered out of the court building in the middle of the night?

Forum List

Back