U.S. Army Ranger charged in beating death of female Tacoma security guard

No, I was just speculating as to why he's being charged with two counts of everything, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that he is actually being charged that way.
I have not researched further, than the next to last paragraph of the OP's posted source article:
1627232729680.png

Good to know.

I mean. How many thugs take the time to learn a self defense technique?

But let’s stick to this case. The assailant was an Army Ranger. Trained in hand to hand. Your average rent a cop has no chance against him. A man could have. A man would have been beaten to death exactly the same way.

If the roles had been reversed. A trained female, especially a veteran, against an untrained male, she would have won.

So my point stands.

I wouldnt bet on it.
Far more untrained men could beat the crap out of a trained women than vice versa.
You see it all the time with female cops getting a beat down by untrained men.

That's why the courts allow women to use deadly force against a man even if he isn't armed because of the disparity of force. It is automatically assumed that she will be at a disadvantage when dealing with a male assailant who by virtue of biology is normally larger and stronger than her.

Exactly right.
All women should carry just to even out the odds.
It's one of the things that I dont understand about the anti gun crowd.

I'm not saying they should be disqualified, butI don't see where it should be much of an advantage. How often is killing someone a skill needed in Congress?
Except for a loose cannon like john mccain most men in congress who have seen real combat are the least eager send other men into battle

Except for a loose cannon like john mccain most men in congress who have seen real combat are the least eager send other men into battle
There is nothing about military combat that makes a person a better representative. Yes, some who have seen combat are less inclined to advocate military intervention, but just as many believe militarization of our police is a good thing. Kicking asses isn't always the best action to take.

Sounds like a brutal sonovabitch. One question though, how can he be charged as the story states.
"Byrne is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree kidnapping and one count of first-degree burglary."

Did they leave something out? He could not kill her twice. After he killed her the first time, she was pretty much dead. I can see a charge of kidnapping as he dragged her around, but did he also kill and kidnap somebody else? I only took a couple of semesters of Business Law, so I don't understand how this works.

Pregnant?

In what way?
By personally having experienced the horrors of war.

Dont misunderstand

I don't claim every vet is omniscient

There are many examples of combat vets who were damn fools

LBJ for instance.

But in most cases combat experience is an asset when it comes to national defense issues

By personally having experienced the horrors of war.

Dont misunderstand

I don't claim every vet is omniscient

There are many examples of combat vets who were damn fools

LBJ for instance.

But in most cases combat experience is an asset when it comes to national defense issues
Again, you say military experience is an asset. Again, I ask in what way. How often does experiencing the horrors of war make a person a better representative? No doubt experiencing the horrors of war had an effect on the guy who beat that small security guard to death, but how often do we need a congressman to beat a small woman to death?

Something that stood out in the article to me....

''The attack took place between 1 and 2 a.m. Sunday at an office building at 909 A Street that houses Division II of the Court of Appeals, as well as several businesses.

Court documents say Byrne walked or ran there after he was punched in the face during a fight at a downtown Tacoma bar that followed a night of drinking with friends.''

Firstly, I haven't been to bars in years. Not for the purpose of drinking alcohol anyway. At times I may go into a restaurant where there is a bar, but it's more often a white collar establishment just because it's a great place to meet with clientele and perspective clients.

Anyway. Putting that aside, I've also done my time in the dive bars. Some real hardcore places. I've been in a fight or three, mainly because I'm so gawdang pretty and it pisses off dudes whenever their hens look at me or talk to me. Plus I'm a bit taller and more framed than most, especially back then, so I guess they saw me as some kind of trophy. They never learn. But that's beside the point.

The bit there, which I referenced from the article, reminded me of so many young punks fresh outta the military. They walk around like they're badasses. They do that thing where they're playing pool and purposefully let their tags fall out and whatnot so everybody sees em. Dumb shit. They really shouldn't have em on, but that's another discussion completely. There's an entitlement mentality that some of these punks pick up when they get home. They start to believe and expect all of that hero worship bullshit that the politicians and talking heads sell on the idiot box in order to justify whichever unconstitutional occupation they may be running at the time. A lot of em become trouble makers. The ones who frequent those environments, I mean. They're always looking for a fight. They feel like they're owed something and that everyone should just stand around in awe for whatever reason. But they're not always ready for a fight when they find it. Many are suffering from ptsd or have other emotional issues.

Apparently this one got his ass whipped and left a bar before thrashing this security guard. Seems like his pride may have got the best of him here and the woman paid the price. That's what I took away from it just with a casual glance at him in the picture. Those types you can prety much read like a book.

Last edited:
How often does experiencing the horrors of war make a person a better representative?
How many times do you want?

a soldier goes where he’s told and only has one life to give to his country

But if rational veterans in congress agree that military force is called for you can bet that the draft dodger in the oval office will rely heavily on their prestige to sell his decision to the American people

and one more thing, men who know war will make sure our soldiers have the best weapons money can buy to go to war with

yet, knowing how wasteful military spending can be they are the best watchdogs of the taxpayers money

Last edited:
How many times do you want?

a soldier goes where he’s told and only has one life to give to his country

But if rational veterans in congress agree that military force is called for you can bet that the draft dodger in the oval office will rely heavily on their prestige to sell his decision to the American people

and one more thing, men who know war will make sure our soldiers have the best weapons money can buy to go to war with

yet, knowing how wasteful military spending can be they are the best watchdogs of the taxpayers money
So how about that fat orange draft dodger in Florida?

Forum List

Back