U.S. Appeals Court Agrees to Hear Amish Farmer Amos Miller’s Food Freedom Case

If you go to Wal Mart and buy produce you have no idea how it's created. Many, many hands in the process. Huge batches.

In an Amish situation it's a small deal where everyone who buys from them understand the process, and what they are buying.

Would I trust milk without any inspection at Wal Mart? No.

Would I trust drinking milk that had just been produced? Yes. I did many times. (and I really didn't care for it as a kid).

So you know the name of the person who picked your onion if you buy from the Amish? Doubtful.

They set the rules and regulations. And no, the biggest epidemics were not under FDA supervision. The milk industry being a prime example. Unless you have a more specific definition for “food industry”.

Do you think we would be better with no government regulation of the food industry because it isn’t perfect?
I have no problem if they wanted to be a public service like the underwriters laboratories where the business pays for the testing and theres no enforcement,,
that way the people can choose for themselves what they put in their own bodies,

pro choice right??

not sure how you think that??
fda doesnt inspect food before it hits the shelves,, in most cases they only come in after a problem surfaces,,

I cant help but notice the biggest epidemics in the food industry were under FDA supervision,,
We might be
Seems we always devolve into a "all or nothing" argument.
It doesn’t need to be however.

I have no problem if they wanted to be a public service like the underwriters laboratories where the business pays for the testing and theres no enforcement,,
that way the people can choose for themselves what they put in their own bodies,

pro choice right??
If people are to choose for themselves, they have a right to know what is in there.

BTW, you aren’t pro choice.

If people are to choose for themselves, they have a right to know what is in there.

they have a right to not buy something if they dont want to for any reason if a producer wants a bigger customer base they can pay to have it tested and labeled as such,,
but as in this case with the amish his customer base is happy with what they have so what business is it of the feds to come between them??

as far as labeling why isnt GMO stuff labeled??

they have a right to not buy something if they dont want to for any reason if a producer wants a bigger customer base they can pay to have it tested and labeled as such,,
but as in this case with the amish his customer base is happy with what they have so what business is it of the feds to come between them??
They have a right to KNOW what they are buying. That is why we have laws and regulations regarding adulteration of foods and labeling of contents

as far as labeling why isnt GMO stuff labeled??
Dunno. Lobby for it.

They have a right to KNOW what they are buying. That is why we have laws and regulations regarding adulteration of foods and labeling of contents

Dunno. Lobby for it.
and its on them to make sure they are buying stuff they know whats in it,, that doesnt mean they can force others to spend money to make them feel better,, or go to jail if they dont,,,

sure wish they would label GMO's to prove you right,,,

as I said his customers seemed happy so who are you or the feds to stand between them??

of course I am pro choice,, a women is free to get prego anytime she wants,,

seems youre the one thats against choice,,,

pro choice right??
So the American customer is a Guinea Pig?

do you realize how fucking stupid you sound??
Your libertarian view puts American customers as mere Guinea Pugs testing the quality of food products by companies on faith that they will do the right thing. Instead of cutting corners fir profit. For reference see the recent Similac baby formula plant.

Your libertarian view puts American customers as mere Guinea Pugs testing the quality of food products by companies on faith that they will do the right thing. Instead of cutting corners fir profit. For reference see the recent Similac baby formula plant.
you mean like the covid vaccine used people as guinea pigs??

No, the vaccines went thru regulation and clinical testing.
they were fast tracked and never went through the normal testing,,

did you notice how the formula problem was never detected until after it was released to the people??
lot of good the FDA did on that one,,

they were fast tracked and never went through the normal testing,,

did you notice how the formula problem was never detected until after it was released to the people??
lot of good the FDA did on that one,,
The rna technology wasn’t just developed in response to the pandemic. They have been working on the technology since the SARS outbreak 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back