U.S. Appeals Court Agrees to Hear Amish Farmer Amos Miller’s Food Freedom Case

Sometimes there is more to the story then is presented. I sympathize with the farmer but I also understand the issue of food safety.

A bit more background on this longrunning case: Organic, raw farmer found in contempt by federal court for eastern Pennsylvania

In 2015, the FDA found unpasteurized, raw milk produced by Miller’s Farm was responsible for two illnesses and one death. An outbreak strain of Listeria connected the cases.
Unpasteurized milk is one thing... the meat is another.
There are numerous family farms selling meat... take the farmer, I believe in in Missouri? That Netflix did a 3 part series highlighting how this farm was absolutely terrorized and bullied by the USDA hired corporation mercenaries over and over. Finally he won in the SCOTUS by showing laboratory results that his meat was an unbelievable 300% cleaner than corporate meat found in grocery stores everywhere.

Has any outbreak been traced to this Amish farm? Looks like the Amish farms are safe but the processor that provides Wendy's their lettuce has a problem.

Sometimes there is more to the story then is presented. I sympathize with the farmer but I also understand the issue of food safety.

A bit more background on this longrunning case: Organic, raw farmer found in contempt by federal court for eastern Pennsylvania

In 2015, the FDA found unpasteurized, raw milk produced by Miller’s Farm was responsible for two illnesses and one death. An outbreak strain of Listeria connected the cases.
I will put those two illness's against the mass food corps thousands of cases anyday,,

It seems to me that Wendy's can give everyone E-coli, but it is OK cuz the government has regulated them to do so.

But a farmer who has not gotten anyone sick must shut down because the US federal government is not regulating him?

Sounds about right.

Reminds me of a comedian that said, "Organic vitamins, not Ok'd by the FDA. Twinkies, Ok'd by the FDA. I'll stick to the twinkies and be healthy."

It does give me some satisfaction knowing that when, not if, we have a reset and everything falls apart, the only ones that will know how to survive will be people like the Amish farmer.

All of the Leftist dipshits will die in mass.

Not being a tough guy at all, you are the one that said they want me purged. Odd how everything you do you turn around and accuse me of.
You cupcake. Don't flatter yourself. We need a house by house street by street cleanup on aisle 7 of every enemy democrat drawing breath. Too much for me all by my lonesome. Now a really strong republican leader, one that sees the roiling population forming an army could do it.

The Amish are the government's worst nightmare

1. Self sufficient
2. Takes care of their own.
3. Lives their lives for God and family.

They are the worst of the worst.
This time the democrats aren't playing. The Amish are a food source uncontrolled by the government. They are scheduled for extinction.

You cupcake. Don't flatter yourself. We need a house by house street by street cleanup on aisle 7 of every enemy democrat drawing breath. Too much for me all by my lonesome. Now a really strong republican leader, one that sees the roiling population forming an army could do it.

So you lack the integrity to do yourself what you say needs done.

You want the government to do it for you.

Why am I not shocked in the least?

Amos Miller says he is being persecuted by the federal government for practicing his religious freedom to raise and prepare food the way he believes God intended food to be raised and prepared – in accordance with nature.

Miller practices rotational grazing on his small, holistically managed, century-old farm in Bird-In-Hand Pennsylvania. His heritage-breed cows are raised on organic pastures, with the chickens following behind, eating the bugs from their droppings, and whey-fed pigs trampling all the fertilizer back into the ground behind them.

Around 4000 members of his private food buying club are dependent on his meat, eggs and dairy products, as well as fermented fruits and veggies… and are willing to spend top dollar to get it shipped to them all over the country, as they don’t trust food from the grocery store.

But last spring, a federal judge told Miller to cease and desist all meat sales, and sent armed U.S. marshals to search his property, farm store and freezers. They have taken inventory of all his meat, and now visit him every couple of months to make sure he hasn’t slaughtered or sold anymore animals until his ongoing court trial is settled.

Last summer, the judge also ordered Miller to pay $250,000 for “contempt of court,” and said he will also have to pay the salaries of the USDA investigators assigned to his case, which now adds up to more than $300,000, an amount that would put him out of business.

In May, the judge told Miller he had no right to represent himself in court after Miller attempted to fire his court-appointed attorney, whom he believed was not making any effort to defend him.

Miller has now taken the matter of whether or not he has a legal right to defend himself to the U.S. Appeals Court in Philadelphia, delaying his upcoming September district court hearing.

https://returntonow.net/2022/08/19/a...appeals-court/

This is government overreach, lots of no preservative meat is sold in this country. The Government favors Organic only when they are getting their cut. Our Government has become organized crime.-OG
It's a challenge to the law that applies and that will get kneejerk sympathy from those who are intent on bringing down the law and government.

That's called: In the name of fascist.

The reasons why government makes laws is not to be considered, as well as the dangers associated with the farmer's practices. Just oppose government unreservedly and blindly!

It's a challenge to the law that applies and that will get kneejerk sympathy from those who are intent on bringing down the law and government.

That's called: In the name of fascist.

The reasons why government makes laws is not to be considered, as well as the dangers associated with the farmer's practices. Just oppose government unreservedly and blindly!
in this case they are overreaching otherwise farmers markets across the country would be shutdown and unable to sell their goods as none comply with USDA

Unpasteurized milk is one thing... the meat is another.
There are numerous family farms selling meat... take the farmer, I believe in in Missouri? That Netflix did a 3 part series highlighting how this farm was absolutely terrorized and bullied by the USDA hired corporation mercenaries over and over. Finally he won in the SCOTUS by showing laboratory results that his meat was an unbelievable 300% cleaner than corporate meat found in grocery stores everywhere.
Well…this farmer hasn’t done and it sounds like the FDA is willing meet him partway by having take some meat for periodic testing..

Forum List

Back