U.N. chief asks world to 'massively' help flood-hit Pakistan

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pakistan flood losses at $30 billion and counting, says UN chief
Calling for 'massive support, Guterres says international community has an obligation to support Pakistan
1662722456795.png

United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres Friday said that Pakistan had suffered “unprecedented” flood destruction and its losses stood at $30 billion and counting.

Guterres — who is on a two-day visit to...

Read more

of course, with our recession in full swing, western nations won't have a lot to spend.
i pass the buck to China, a large prosperous nation with many coal power plants that Pakistan fully supports on the geopolitical level.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for their suffering but the moment anyone starts off with "they are owed" I stop listening.
He both claimed we "owe" them & that it's because of man made climate change we caused. I guess that works on low-IQ types.

My Give a Sh!+ meter is out of service till we get our own massive problems fixed at home. I'm not running out to aid a neighbor on another block when my own roof is on fire

of course, with our recession in full swing, western nations won't have a lot to spend.
i pass the buck to China, a large prosperous nation with many coal power plants that Pakistan fully supports on the geopolitical level.

China's in a deep deep drought ... rivers have stop flowing ... so, as soon as we've re-built Ukraine, we'll be happy to fix Pakistan ... tax the middle class, they voted for Biden ...

How much aid would actually become aid? The reason engineers and doctors from Pakistan will come to NYC to drive a taxi isn't because we tip better. They are fleeing the rampant corruption from top to bottom in that country.

Forum List

Back