Typhoon Haiyan: PhotoShare

Sep 22, 2013
A typhoon is a mature tropical cyclone that develops in the western part of the North Pacific Ocean between 180° and 100°E (source: Wikipedia).

In late 2013, Super-Typhoon Haiyan (local name Yolanda) approached the Philippines with ominousness.

Such burdensome weather in our age of advanced meteorological monitoring invites everyday people to track Earth climatology and weather systems (and storms) on the user-friendly Internet.

Such notions reveal the true value of relevant society art totems such as the destabilization-clinic Hollywood (USA) movie "Ghost in the Machine" (1993).

I mean, what do today's global warming affected Earth storm systems look like?

You can find photos of Haiyan (Yolanda) on the Internet.

:doubt:

Ominousness?
Destabilization-clinic?
Ghost in the Machine? - I find no 1993 Hollywood movie named "Ghost in the Machine. Here is Wikipedia's pop culture section on the term:

The Police named their 1981 album Ghost in the Machine after this concept. Masamune Shirow borrowed the "ghost" concept that figures prominently in his 1989 Ghost in the Shell manga and later related works. "The Ghost in the Machine" is also mentioned in the 1985 film Brazil and referenced in the 2004 film I, Robot. Also the rapper B.o.B titled a song "Ghost in the Machine" on his debut album, The Adventures of Bobby Ray. Additionally, the Electronic group The M Machine also has a song titled "Ghosts in the Machine" in their second released album, Metropolis Part II. The electronic group Xerox & Illumination titled a song "Ghost in the machine" in the album XI, of 2005. Arthur C. Clarke's novel 2010: Odyssey Two contains a chapter named "Ghost in the Machine", referring to the virtual consciousness inside a computer. There is an episode of Futurama (entitled "Ghost in the Machines") and an episode of Superman: The Animated Series (entitled "Ghost in the Machine"). The X-Files-series also named an episode involving a rogue AI computer system "Ghost in the Machine".

Why did you title your post "Photoshare" when the extent of your photo sharing is to tell us we can find such things on the Internet?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back