Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

The best way to stop school shootings is to LOCK THE DOORS of the school and control who enters
There are certain times of the day when the doors would be unlocked. At the start of classes in the mornings. At lunchtime. At the end of the school day.
The doors cannot ALWAYS be locked.

Question for the gun enthusiasts: If that had been one of your children or grandchildren killed at Robb Elementary School a few days ago, would you still feel the same way? Would you want to keep the gun laws the same? Would you still want our politicians to be puppets of the NRA?
Be truthful, please.

Question for the gun enthusiasts: If that had been one of your children or grandchildren killed at Robb Elementary School a few days ago, would you still feel the same way? Would you want to keep the gun laws the same? Would you still want our politicians to be puppets of the NRA?
Be truthful, please.
No one can answer that question as it did NOT happen to them.

There are certain times of the day when the doors would be unlocked. At the start of classes in the mornings. At lunchtime. At the end of the school day.
The doors cannot ALWAYS be locked.
And?

That wasn't the case in this last shooting.

And how many school shootings have occurred during the times you mention?

The doors to any school can certainly be locked for 90% of the day

No one can answer that question as it did NOT happen to them.
That's why we must use EMPATHY AND COMPASSION. Act as if it could have been us or one of our family members. Because one of these days it might be.
I know none of those parents expected to lose their children that day. If I had children in public schools I'd be scared right now.

That's why we must use EMPATHY AND COMPASSION. Act as if it could have been us or one of our family members. Because one of these days it might be.
I'm know none of those parents expected to lose their children that day. If I had children in public schools I'd be scared right now.
Ohh bugger off you lefties and feelings.... we know in the past people have lost loved ones to shootings and did not blame the firearm.

I know none of those parents expected to lose their children that day. If I had children in public schools I'd be scared right now.
it is because it could be me or my wife that I want to be able to defend myself and her with the single most effective tool for self defense. A gun.

All the reactionary gun control fervor and the laws these people want passed will do nothing to stop the next incident.

This guy could have have killed just as many kids with a .22 caliber target pistol as he did with the rifle he used because he was free to just walk in. He could have used any semiautomatic rifle for that matter. So all the hand wringing over the evil AR 15 rifle is just stupidity on full display.

What we have the federal and state government outright refusing to enforce the gun laws we have on the books and somehow it all gets blamed on law abiding people who own guns and want to protect that right.

Politicians should be prevented from accepting donations from car manufactures, and no car should be sold that is capable of going more than 10mph.

Cause..... you know.... racist black dudes.... .parades.......that sort of thing.

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.
Good ideas, but in America (and the UK) politicians need donations to get elected. Good luck finding anyone who will refuse a back hander or two if it gets them power.

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.
🙄

Rejected. You don’t have the authority to stop (or even seek to decide who can accept) political contributions from the NRA or from any other lobbying group. If you think for a moment that we could do such a thing, then of course someone will justifiably demand that nobody be allowed to take any money from planned parenthood or any pro-abortion political advocacy group.

Also, you cannot pass a law against ownership of “assualt” rifles regardless of the fact that the term itself is meaningless. You know. That pesky Constitution Keeps getting in your way. If you want to advocate for the repeal of our 2d Amendment, you’re welcome to try. You will be met with a huge opposition. But that’s ok. That’s the nature of discussions and debates over any revision to the Constitution. You’re still entitled to give it a try.

Hell, let’s agree to a convention of the states. We can revisit any part of the Constitution we wish to under such circumstances. But I think it’s fair warning to say: you may not like the outcome.

Kids have been killed in classrooms. It is a real problem. Don’t trivialize it with one-sided proposals.

Ah, so you have no faith that your armed forces; Army, National Guard, Navy and Air Force and nuclear weapons are capable of protecting you. If the greatest military force in history can't, what makes you think your assault rifle can?
its not just my rifle dumbass,,,there are millions of us out there,,

cant help but notice you deflected when proven wrong,, why is that??

Ah, so you have no faith that your armed forces; Army, National Guard, Navy and Air Force and nuclear weapons are capable of protecting you. If the greatest military force in history can't, what makes you think your assault rifle can?
I doubt he has an assault rifle, as those are illegal to own.

If someone invades my home, exactly how are those branches of the military going to protect me?

Both suggestions are sensible, but do American politicians do sensible?

Forum List

Back