Two U.S. Soldiers From Wikileaks ‘Collateral Murder’ Video Apologize In Open Letter

It's a goddam LIE!!!!!!!!

The "LIE" that only one of the soldiers was in the video, not both of them?

So that's your only problem with the OP?

One soldier is apologizing for something he didn't even do!!! What's so hard to understand about that? If what they did was wrong WHY AREN'T THERE ANY CHARGES FILED? Ever think about that? If these soldiers did this on a daily basis like they claim WHY AREN'T ANTI-WAR ASS CLOWNS CALLING FOR THEIR TRIALS FOR WAR CRIMES!!!???

I'll slow it down for you:

What.... Is... Your... Point...?

No one is claiming anything that you just posted. The claims are as follows:

A gunship opened fire on a bunch of civilian journalists.

Then opened fire on rescue vehicles, including vehicles with children in them.

A soldier who was there, and another soldier who was not there wrote a letter apologizing for it.

Now, let's get back to the point. Are any of the things I just stated not true?

The OP being a lie is a pretty big thing.

Subsequently, you can't trust the veracity of anything else that's posted.

The "LIE" that only one of the soldiers was in the video, not both of them?

So that's your only problem with the OP?

One soldier is apologizing for something he didn't even do!!! What's so hard to understand about that? If what they did was wrong WHY AREN'T THERE ANY CHARGES FILED? Ever think about that? If these soldiers did this on a daily basis like they claim WHY AREN'T ANTI-WAR ASS CLOWNS CALLING FOR THEIR TRIALS FOR WAR CRIMES!!!???

A soldier who was there, and another soldier who was not there wrote a letter apologizing for it.

Let me slow it down for you....Point 1...the helo opened fire on armed insurgents as the video shows.
The helo opened fire on a vehicle that came in to pick up the pieces of the insurgents along with their weapons.
A soldier who was there claims he did stuff like this every day!!!! Kill kids!!! Kill journalists!!!

You ignore that??!!

Let me slow it down for you....Point 1...the helo opened fire on armed insurgents as the video shows.
The helo opened fire on a vehicle that came in to pick up the pieces of the insurgents along with their weapons.
A soldier who was there claims he did stuff like this every day!!!! Kill kids!!! Kill journalists!!!

You ignore that??!!

So now you're claiming that the people in the video were "armed insurgents" and not Reuters journalists?

You ignore that??!!

So now you're claiming that the people in the video were "armed insurgents" and not Reuters journalists?

The video and the Army reports CLEARLY state who was there and what weapons they were in possession of. The fact that there were Reuters journalists among them makes NO DIFFERENCE!!! When you are in a free fire zone carrying weapons and you drag journalists in to "cover your story" you exercised poor judgement. The journalists exercised poor judgement and were responsible for their own deaths. If they weren't trying to get an anti-American story they would have never went into that area and associated with armed insurgents who were carrying AK47's and an RPG launcher....in a weapons free zone. What's your opinion of the family member or friend, WHO JUST WITNESSED THE DEATH OF SEVERAL PEOPLE JUST MINUTES EARLIER, who brought his kids into that area?

The OP being a lie is a pretty big thing.

Subsequently, you can't trust the veracity of anything else that's posted.

The title is misleading as only one was actually on scene but both were in the same company for the unit in the video. The op itself is not a lie.

You ignore that??!!

The video and the Army reports CLEARLY state who was there and what weapons they were in possession of. The fact that there were Reuters journalists among them makes NO DIFFERENCE!!! When you are in a free fire zone carrying weapons and you drag journalists in to "cover your story" you exercised poor judgement. The journalists exercised poor judgement and were responsible for their own deaths. If they weren't trying to get an anti-American story they would have never went into that area and associated with armed insurgents who were carrying AK47's and an RPG launcher....in a weapons free zone. What's your opinion of the family member or friend, WHO JUST WITNESSED THE DEATH OF SEVERAL PEOPLE JUST MINUTES EARLIER, who brought his kids into that area?

There are no "armed insurgents" in the video. No one carrying AKs or RPGs. No shots were fired, aside from the apaches.

There are no "armed insurgents" in the video. No one carrying AKs or RPGs. No shots were fired, aside from the apaches.

Oh yes there were. You aren't seriously suggesting that the pilot and weapo committed murder are you? If so you are an outright liar!!!! The weapons are visible, were found on sight by ground troops and verified. Your choice to ignore facts in evidence here makes you look like a complete dumb ass.

Oh yes there were. You aren't seriously suggesting that the pilot and weapo committed murder are you? If so you are an outright liar!!!! The weapons are visible, were found on sight by ground troops and verified. Your choice to ignore facts in evidence here makes you look like a complete dumb ass.

Back that up.

No weapons are seen in the video. Please back up your statement with links.

And no, I'm not accusing our troops of murder. Collateral damage happens, and so do mistakes.

Back that up.

And no, I'm not accusing our troops of murder. Collateral damage happens, and so do mistakes.

You made the claim that there were NO WEAPONS...back it up. I've watched that video several times and arrive at the same conclusion...there are VISIBLE weapons in the possession of the insurgents. I don't have to post another link to the video in question....you have to prove to me that there were no weapons and the preponderance of the evidence says you will FAIL. The journalists, all 2 of them were quite foolish to be in their company while the insurgents were armed.

Back that up.

You made the claim that there were NO WEAPONS...back it up. I've watched that video several times and arrive at the same conclusion...there are VISIBLE weapons in the possession of the insurgents. I don't have to post another link to the video in question....you have to prove to me that there were no weapons and the preponderance of the evidence says you will FAIL. The journalists, all 2 of them were quite foolish to be in their company while they were armed.

I watched the video, and there were no weapons.

You have claimed that the army's report said that guns were recovered.

I have not been able to find this "report".

What "preponderance of the evidence" would you be talking about? The video that has no visible weapons in it? These imaginary army reports?

The fact of the matter is, all of the evidence that I've seen, from the testimony of people present (the letter in this thread), every reference I've seen online, and the video itself seem to point against you.

Back that up.

You made the claim that there were NO WEAPONS...back it up. I've watched that video several times and arrive at the same conclusion...there are VISIBLE weapons in the possession of the insurgents. I don't have to post another link to the video in question....you have to prove to me that there were no weapons and the preponderance of the evidence says you will FAIL. The journalists, all 2 of them were quite foolish to be in their company while they were armed.

What "preponderance of the evidence" would you be talking about? The video that has no visible weapons in it? These imaginary army reports?

The fact of the matter is, all of the evidence that I've seen, from the testimony of people present (the letter in this thread), every reference I've seen online, and the video itself seem to point against you.

Just because you don't see the weapons in the video doesn't mean they aren't there. First of all you are NOT a pilot, you are NOT a weapo on an AH 64 helicopter and your UNQUALIFIED analysis of the video is obviously incorrect.

First off I saw at least 2 AK's in the video. I could not positively identify an RPG, but one of the troops on the ground did so.

Second. This letter was signed (probably not written) by two young E4's who did their time and got out. Not real experienced troops but my salute to them for serving in such troubled times. Now they need to stop playing Hanoi Jane.

From our own experiences, and the experiences of other veterans we have talked to, we know that the acts depicted in this video are everyday occurrences of this war: this is the nature of how U.S.-led wars are carried out in this region.

Bullshit (Yes Bentlight that's how you spell it.) This was not an everyday occurrence or there would be no reporters left

We acknowledge our part in the deaths and injuries of your loved ones as we tell Americans what we were trained to do and what we carried out in the name of "god and country". The soldier in the video said that your husband shouldn't have brought your children to battle, but we are acknowledging our responsibility for bringing the battle to your neighborhood, and to your family.

More Bullshit, No one told those troops they were there in the name of God and Country.

More and more Americans are taking responsibility for what was done in our name.

No we are not.

Our government may ignore you, concerned more with its public image.

Our fearsome leader Obama will be more than happy to find someone new to apologize to.

You ignore that??!!

You're a sik fuk. You're actually glad the journalists were killed based on your fantasy they were trying to get an "anti American" story. Is there any fantasy you won't invent to suit your needs you dishonest cocksucking bitch?

First off I saw at least 2 AK's in the video. I could not positively identify an RPG, but one of the troops on the ground did so.

Second. This letter was signed (probably not written) by two young E4's who did their time and got out. Not real experienced troops but my salute to them for serving in such troubled times. Now they need to stop playing Hanoi Jane.

From our own experiences, and the experiences of other veterans we have talked to, we know that the acts depicted in this video are everyday occurrences of this war: this is the nature of how U.S.-led wars are carried out in this region.

Bullshit (Yes Bentlight that's how you spell it.) This was not an everyday occurrence or there would be no reporters left

We acknowledge our part in the deaths and injuries of your loved ones as we tell Americans what we were trained to do and what we carried out in the name of "god and country". The soldier in the video said that your husband shouldn't have brought your children to battle, but we are acknowledging our responsibility for bringing the battle to your neighborhood, and to your family.

More Bullshit, No one told those troops they were there in the name of God and Country.

More and more Americans are taking responsibility for what was done in our name.

No we are not.

Our government may ignore you, concerned more with its public image.

Our fearsome leader Obama will be more than happy to find someone new to apologize to.

You saw two AK's? You can't see the side of a barn. But let's go with your two guns.....that means there were about 8 unarmed civilians so you just admitted the pilots killed unarmed civilians. What else is there to say other than your predictable whiny spin?

Eta: I spell it "bowlshit" because you Nationalists will stick your spoons in any bowl of shit and eat it if it's what you want to consume to defend your fantasies.

Last edited:

Just because you don't see the weapons in the video doesn't mean they aren't there. First of all you are NOT a pilot, you are NOT a weapo on an AH 64 helicopter and your UNQUALIFIED analysis of the video is obviously incorrect.

Thass strange. Ollie, you, radioasswipe, and crimsonbitch are not pilots so doesn't that make all of you unqualified to analyze the video?

Not only are there no weapons visible in the video but the guys are milling around in a very casual manner doing nothing but talking and making absolutely no hostile moves.

Back that up.

Http://www2.centcom.mil/sites/foia/...nd Brigade Combat Team 15-6 Investigation.pdf

The funny part is it is an edited version of the 15-6 Report but nobody is whining about an edited version being released.

From the 15-6

b. 0620:07 Z (Exhibit B photo) Two individuals are seen openly displaying a RPG and an AKM, while a third individual carries what appears to be a RPG round.

g. 0631:53Z (Exhibit G Photo) The first elements of Bravo Company, 2-16 infantry arrive on scene and begin to secure the area. They discover two RPGs and an AK-47 or AKM among the group of insurgents clustered near the wall.

I will believe the official report.....

Forum List

Back