Two Questions for Atheists

Prager points out that every Christian or Jew he has ever known, has had moments of doubt in their faith. It's very much something that isn't uncommon. Yet, curiously, Atheists never seem to question their disbelief.

Yet, curiously, Atheists never seem to question their disbelief.

a common refrain used by you more often than not is, you are mixing apples with oranges which is exactly what you are doing, atheism and theism follow dissimilar paths.

edit: wasn't sure who Prager was but now recall, still not sure why it is so curious when an atheist is not bound by ridiculous, antiquated scriptures but their own gut feelings for their convictions.

Last edited:
Let's reflect back on some mental gymnastics from a disbeliever:

Well, guess what? I am not a horrible person. I don't choose to not come to your house, tie you up, kill your wife, and skull fuck her in front of you, because some mythical Sky Daddy will scold me for doing that. I choose not to do that, because it is the fucking wrong thing to do, and I don't need anyone to remind me not to do it.

So first we're told that non-believers do good because they are aware of the "wrong thing to do" but it's never explained how they know? Where does this awareness come from?

I do these things simply because it feels better to not be a fucking asshole.

Again, we are told that he does good things because it "feels better than being an asshole." No explanation as to WHY it feels better... it just does!

Really? You majored in psychology, and you don't know about endorphins, serotonin, and neuropeptides? Really???

Finally, the whole entire argument shifts like the sand beneath his incompetent faltering belief system.... He does good things because his brain rewards him with a shot of endorphins and serotonin.

BUT, yet again.... There is NO EXPLANATION as to WHY the brain rewards him with a goody when he doses something good. If there was ever a more clear and obvious physical piece of evidence that our physiology is spiritually hard-wired to follow a path of righteousness, I don't know what it could be. We are literally designed to do good versus evil. The question remains... WHY?

Prager points out that every Christian or Jew he has ever known, has had moments of doubt in their faith. It's very much something that isn't uncommon. Yet, curiously, Atheists never seem to question their disbelief.

a common refrain used by you more often than not is, you are mixing apples with oranges which is exactly what you are doing, atheism and theism follow dissimilar paths.

Unlike you who follows no path.

you are shameless -

The Triumph of Good vs Evil, The Apex of Knowledge are my paths as you well are aware of - unlike a book of forgeries you find entertaining and use for your own duplicitous objectives.

what's strange about the question(s) is neither would be tolerated by the desert religions a priori.

I have met many religious people who at least state that they don't question their belief or that they are 100% right.

The Triumph of Good vs Evil, The Apex of Knowledge are my paths as you well are aware of - unlike a book of forgeries you find entertaining and use for your own duplicitous objectives.

I'm Spiritualist who appreciates and respects any book or teaching that fosters positive spiritual energy or seeks to diminish negative spiritual energy. I don't follow dogma.

So where did you get I do not have moments of reflection or contemplate things. I just do not either when it comes to what happens when we die. As for a sad and Pathetic life, well that would be a statement born of ignorance on your part. You do not know me or the kind of life I have lived or live. And hence the number 1 reason I have no use for religion. As an atheist I do not feel the need to judge anyone on who or what they believe.

Well the OP questions were, 1) Do you hope you're right or wrong, and 2) Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism. You answered that you don't think about it and you don't ever have doubts. Now, if you don't think about whether you're right or wrong regarding the most important question regarding your eternal soul, then you're not much of a thinker. Also, if you've never considered that you might be wrong in your beliefs, you've simply never had introspection. Perhaps you were just being dishonest in your reply? If not, you exhibit emotional detachment and have a rather cold soul.

I haven't asked anyone a single thing about religion.

So why would I consider my eternal soul if I do not believe there is anything after death. The thought of a eternal soul is for those that cannot face the possibility that when you die that is the end of everything you. As for the consideration that I may wrong, for me to believe that I may be wrong in my thinking would mean I think that there is a possibility that there is a heaven which would make me agnostic . I do not believe there is a heaven therefore I do not ever consider I am wrong.

I have met many religious people who at least state that they don't question their belief or that they are 100% right.

I don't believe you know any religious people who have NEVER questioned their faith.
Maybe they have to themselves but they have openly stated they never had. Also isn't there a poll on this forum where 17 people chose the option "I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists."

Come on. I love Jesus magical powers, flying, walking on water, shooting magical rays from his hands.

This is like Marvel Comics. Fantastic.

fe91d6697c2cb90c185b9570060d109f--special-prayers-jesus-pictures.jpg

40fe2e5ab85478bc4c1646bc2e320e7e--pictures-of-jesus-bible-pictures.jpg

So where did you get I do not have moments of reflection or contemplate things. I just do not either when it comes to what happens when we die. As for a sad and Pathetic life, well that would be a statement born of ignorance on your part. You do not know me or the kind of life I have lived or live. And hence the number 1 reason I have no use for religion. As an atheist I do not feel the need to judge anyone on who or what they believe.

Well the OP questions were, 1) Do you hope you're right or wrong, and 2) Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism. You answered that you don't think about it and you don't ever have doubts. Now, if you don't think about whether you're right or wrong regarding the most important question regarding your eternal soul, then you're not much of a thinker. Also, if you've never considered that you might be wrong in your beliefs, you've simply never had introspection. Perhaps you were just being dishonest in your reply? If not, you exhibit emotional detachment and have a rather cold soul.

I haven't asked anyone a single thing about religion.

So why would I consider my eternal soul if I do not believe there is anything after death. The thought of a eternal soul is for those that cannot face the possibility that when you die that is the end of everything you. As for the consideration that I may wrong, for me to believe that I may be wrong in my thinking would mean I think that there is a possibility that there is a heaven which would make me agnostic . I do not believe there is a heaven therefore I do not ever consider I am wrong.

Why would you not contemplate whether you're right or wrong? Do you honestly not hope that you're right or wrong? It makes no difference to you? It just sounds like you've abandoned thinking altogether. That's pretty dismal, don't you think?

I don't believe you know any religious people who have NEVER questioned their faith.
Maybe they have to themselves but they have openly stated they never had. Also isn't there a poll on this forum where 17 people chose the option "I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists."

I didn't say they question the existence of God. I said they question their faith. Again, this appears to be a common trait among most religious or spiritual believers and it seems to be something Atheists simply don't do. This is odd because Atheist tend to like to think of themselves as more open-minded and intellectual while they charge religious people as being intolerant and rigid in their beliefs.

I didn't say they question the existence of God. I said they question their faith. Again, this appears to be a common trait among most religious or spiritual believers and it seems to be something Atheists simply don't do. This is odd because Atheist tend to like to think of themselves as more open-minded and intellectual while they charge religious people as being intolerant and rigid in their beliefs.
Do you lack comprehension skills? You stated through Pager that all religious people question their faith at some time. I pointed out that some religious people have stated they never had and I also pointed out a poll to back that up when you doubted it. People that state "I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists." are people that do not question their faith. You are some piece of work. Very dishonest. I've seen many people here accusing you of being dishonest with your debate style. Do you think that they just might be right?

Do you lack comprehension skills? You stated through Pager that all religious people question their faith at some time. I pointed out that some religious people have stated they never had and I also pointed out a poll to back that up when you doubted it. People that state "I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists." are people that do not question their faith. You are some piece of work. Very dishonest. I've seen many people here accusing you of being dishonest with your debate style. Do you think that they just might be right?
I think he is just making a distinction between what people say and the inner doubts that every has about anything from time to time...especially after praying for decades with no answer most people will start to wonder and they may never admit that to you out of fear of being perceived as weak or faithless or even worse, an unbeliever......

You may not know this but people have an amazing almost godlike ability to engage in pretense even when the truth is obvious..

I think he is just making a distinction between what people say and the inner doubts that every has about anything from time to time...especially after praying for decades with no answer most people will start to wonder and they may never admit that to you out of fear of being perceived as weak or faithless or even worse, an unbeliever......

You may not know this but people have an amazing almost godlike ability to engage in pretense even when the truth is obvious..
If someone is not admitting it then why would anyone pretend to know what they are thinking or are believing. Please, that is a cop out. You can speak for yourself but don't ever pretend to have everyone else's thoughts at your fingertips.

If someone is not admitting it then why would anyone pretend to know what they are thinking or are believing. Please, that is a cop out. You can speak for yourself but don't ever pretend to have everyone else's thoughts at your fingertips.

Some people have been engaging in pretense for so long they can't be real and will never admit even the smallest most innocuous truth much less an embarrassing one, they have become a golem, an automaton, a completely false person.

Sad but true.

upload_2017-11-4_0-11-33.jpeg

who's the one that questioned their faith and those who feared to do so - your book of forgeries is the very antithesis for a lack of devotion.

Some people have been engaging in pretense for so long they can't be real and will never admit even the smallest most innocuous truth much less an embarrassing one, they have become a golem, an automaton, a completely false person.

Sad but true.
Give an example.

Sad but true.
Give an example.

trump

Okay, so let's go back to the "atheist science" argument that people do good deeds because the brain rewards them with endorphins. Set aside the fact that no none explained why the brain chooses to do such a thing (they can't explain), and in light of the recent church shooting in Texas... Do you think the atheist shooter was getting an endorphin fix as he mowed down Christians? If so, I believe this shoots down the argument that people do good deeds to receive an endorphin reward and are just as likely to perpetrate evil for said reward if they have justified their evil deed in their own minds.

Forum List

Back