Two people are killed and nine are missing after an explosion at a chocolate factory in Pennsylvania, authorities said

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chocolate factory exploding in West Reading, Pennsylvania

Thick smoke filled the air and debris covered the streets after an explosion at the R.M. Palmer Company in West Reading.

It happened just before 5 p.m. Friday.

IDK that cause but I do know thick clouds of food dust can explode with the right spark.
Grain silos, flour trucks, etc...
Too much cocoa powder & flame may sound crazy but cannot be completely discounted without more info.

LOL. In 10th grade, there was a story about a grain silo exploding that ended up being discussed in my biology class for whatever reason. My teacher talked about how dust can ignite, and being a motivated instructor and all, a few days later he decided to demonstrate this for us. He got someone he knew who had the ability to super refine some flour to the point it looked like a liquid in the container when he shook it. Set up the trusty old bunsen burner and put a spoonful in the flame and nothing happened. So not to be outdone, he then took some and threw it into the flame. There was a mushroom cloud of flame rolling across the ceiling as the teacher dived for cover. It was over in a flash, literally, but man that was some funny shit.

Forum List

Back