CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

It has never happened to me. However I practice situational awareness which means I don’t want down dark streets with a cell phone glued to my ear. I am aware of what is happening around me and I realize the best way to survive a fight without injury is to not get into one. If something strikes me as suspicious or the hair stands up on the back of my neck I leave the area.

However it might happen even though I am situationally aware. I am a 75 year old men with a bad hip that causes me to have a noticeable limp. That makes me a weak member of the herd that predators love to attack.

If it does happen I am armed and hopefully I can stop a serious attack with my snub nosed .38 revolver. However the last thing I ever hope to do is to shoot another person even for legitimate self defense.
I like to point out that you are much more likely to be caught in a fire, so using your logic, you are much more protected, and you would be much more reasonable if you have a fire extinguisher strapped to your leg 24/7. Just be honest and admit you've watched a few too many old Dirty Harry movies, and you think the idea of being an armed tough guy is cool.

It has never happened and I hope enough people respect the Second Amendment to make damn sure it never does. Just vote against any politician who says he wants to ban or confiscate firearms.

If a person likes owning firearms it would also be wise to never vote for a Democrat. They might lie to you and say they are for the Second Amendment.

Also vote against RINO Republicans like Mitt Romney. If he had been elected President we would have a new Assault Weapons Ban today. A Democrat Presdient like Joe Biden has little or no chance of passing such legislation but enough Republicans would back a RINO President to make a new Assault Weapons Ban law.
Right. There is a whole class of people you vote against because the NRA has told you that even though there has never been an effort to confiscate guns, you are in danger of it happening. You aren't as situationally aware as you think you are.

Right. There is a whole class of people you vote against because the NRA has told you that even though there has never been an effort to confiscate guns, you are in danger of it happening. You aren't as situationally aware as you think you are.
Wrong there ARE a whole slew of people that would ban firearms in a heart beat if they thought they could do it.

I like to point out that you are much more likely to be caught in a fire, so using your logic, you are much more protected, and you would be much more reasonable if you have a fire extinguisher strapped to your leg 24/7. Just be honest and admit you've watched a few too many old Dirty Harry movies, and you think the idea of being an armed tough guy is cool.
You aren't going to spontaneously combust and every public building has fire suppression and extinguishers available.

That's an even dumber comparison than usual

You do know that most gun owners don;t belong to the NRA don;t you?

Wrong there ARE a whole slew of people that would ban firearms in a heart beat if they thought they could do it.
You bet. More than half of the citizens of the US hate and want to destroy the country, and their immediate goal is to have everyone's guns confiscated, including their own. You're brainwashed dumb ass.

Define better.

Is it better to be able to defend yourself, your wife or your loved ones with the best tool possible or is it better to be forced to wait for the cops to show up and take pictures of the blood splatter?

You bet. More than half of the citizens of the US hate and want to destroy the country, and their immediate goal is to have everyone's guns confiscated, including their own. You're brainwashed dumb ass.

The ATF is currently conducting in excess of 3-4 million background checks for new firearms purchases a month, and has been for quite some time.
The people with the firearms are through making concessions, and are arming themselves as we speak.

Y'all are free to continue fighting about who the dumbasses are ... :auiqs.jpg:

You aren't going to spontaneously combust and every public building has fire suppression and extinguishers available.

That's an even dumber comparison than usual
Yet there are easily 10 times as many fire department call outs per day than there are calls to police about use of guns.

The ATF is currently conducting in excess of 3-4 million background checks for new firearms purchases a month, and has been for quite some time.
The people with the firearms are through making concessions, and are arming themselves as we speak.

Y'all are free to continue fighting about who the dumbasses are ... :auiqs.jpg:

What concessions have been made?

Yet there are easily 10 times as many fire department call outs per day than there are calls to police about use of guns.
Most of those fire dept call outs aren't because of fires but are for paramedics or EMS

You don't need to ask ... I simply posted there will be no more ... :thup:
If you want to fight about it ... Shut the fuck up and lock and load.

Got it. You can't think of any concessions gunnuts have made either. Your brainwashing just made you think it might be something cool to say.

Got it. You can't think of any concessions gunnuts have made either. Your brainwashing just made you think it might be something cool to say.

I am helping you understand what it all means.
I have the firearms and the ammunition ... There is nothing more we need to discuss.

Playing your stupid games is past tense ...
That's what "If you want to fight about it ... Shut the fuck up and lock and load" means ... You ignorant twat ... :auiqs.jpg:

Submitting to BG checks, having to pay for permits getting fingerprinted

How many other rights are there that you have to get and pay for a BG check, pay for a course, pay for a permit and have to get fingerprinted before you can exercise them?

Most of those fire dept call outs aren't because of fires but are for paramedics or EMS
No more than 3800 actual fires per day. About 300 people shot per day including a little more than 100 killed

The people with the firearms are through making concessions, and are arming themselves as we speak.​
Excellent!

Y'all are free to continue fighting about who the dumbasses are ...

Oh, we know who the "dumbasses" are. Those are the people who are so frustrated that they shoot 'em up in the kindergartens, in the primary schools, in the junior high schools, in the high school, in the colleges, in the universities, in the post office, in the churches, in the shopping malls, in the convenient stores, in the public parks, on the street corners, and in the traffic jams. But that's not enough because they shoot people for reasons of jealousy, for the alimony, for the inheritance, for child custody, as a form of divorce, because they disagree with you, because they've been "disrespected" and for stepping on someone's lawn. Yep! They's the dumbasses alright and and they're all from somewhere between New York and California! :dev3:

Excellent!

Oh, we know who the "dumbasses" are. Those are the people who are so frustrated that they shoot 'em up in the kindergartens, in the primary schools, in the junior high schools, in the high school, in the colleges, in the universities, in the post office, in the churches, in the shopping malls, in the convenient stores, in the public parks, on the street corners, and in the traffic jams. But that's not enough because they shoot people for reasons of jealousy, for the alimony, for the inheritance, for child custody, as a form of divorce, because they disagree with you, because they've been "disrespected" and for stepping on someone's lawn. Yep! They's the dumbasses alright and and they're all from somewhere between New York and California! :dev3:

Thanks ... Your opinion is noted, for all it is worth ... :thup:

No more than 3800 actual fires per day. About 300 people shot per day including a little more than 100 killed
So the only time EMS is called out is when people get shot?

Very few people get shot on any day.

And those that do are usually engaged in some sort of criminal activity.

But that is not reason to think that carrying a gun for self defense is unwarranted.

You're probably not going to die today but I bet you have life insurance. You're probably not going to have your car stolen today but I bet you have auto insurance.

You prepare for all kinds of other worst case scenarios but you don't think you have to be prepared for any scenario where your life or a loved one's life will ever be endangered by another person?

And let's not forget the fact that a gun does not have to be fired in order for it to count as a defensive use. Most times the mere drawing of a firearm will deescalate a potential crime

Forum List

Back