Two little paragraphs...

It's more complicated than that. Earth goes through regular cycles of warm/wet, cold/dry, warm/dry, cold/wet. I have the book somewhere and will post it up when I find it.

Do you mean the day/night diurnal cycle ... or the billion year ice age cycle? ... all I'm saying is that warm goes with wet ... and cold goes with dry ... that's fairly simple ... warmer air holds more water at saturation ...

Do you mean the day/night diurnal cycle ... or the billion year ice age cycle? ... all I'm saying is that warm goes with wet ... and cold goes with dry ... that's fairly simple ... warmer air holds more water at saturation ...

No, there are multiple cycles operating at the same time. Right now we are leaving a warm/wet cycle, and entering a cold/ dry cycle that will last for up to 100 years.

There are 10 year, 25 year, 100 year, and 1000 year cycles. All going at the same time. It's been 25 years since I read the book so I am sure I am missing some cycles in there.

No, there are multiple cycles operating at the same time. Right now we are leaving a warm/wet cycle, and entering a cold/ dry cycle that will last for up to 100 years.

There are 10 year, 25 year, 100 year, and 1000 year cycles. All going at the same time. It's been 25 years since I read the book so I am sure I am missing some cycles in there.

We've been cold/dry for the past 30 million years ... before that we had around a half billion years warm/wet ... ha ha ...

But seriously ... this book will only have discussed oscillations that we know about ... so many more are still unknown to science ... and then bring in how all these oscillations interact with each other ... crazy difficult ... which is why computer models break down after 72 hours ...

Forum List

Back