Two decades in the making, Rep Rosa DeLauro’s plan to cut child poverty in half (since 2003) passes the Senate, will be signed by President Biden

If children are so poor, why aren't they getting jobs?

View attachment 465229
In the U.S. childhood obesity and diabetes is a growing problem even among the very poor and any child who goes hungry has an unfit or too proud parent or guardian.
I had chores and fresh air space to run and play safely and still shop at the Good will etc. for most of my clothes.

75 cents an hour was my starting tax free under the table wadge for babysitting and $1 soon after with the various recommendations.

Kids now play virtual games in font of a screen and don't know the values even of a penny saved is a penny earned.

How do you give tax credits (cuts) to people who don't pay taxes?

Tax credits have nothing to do with whether you pay taxes or not. If you owed $100 or got a refund of $100, you still would get that credit added to adjust your total taxes. That would likely result in a refund for taxes you didn't even pay.

Wut???

Tax credits have nothing to do with whether you pay taxes or not.

Wut ^2????

Tax credits have nothing to do with whether you pay taxes or not. If you owed $100 or got a refund of $100, you still would get that credit added to adjust your total taxes. That would likely result in a refund for taxes you didn't even pay.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

Reading is a problem for you? I explained it very clearly in the post.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

A tax credit is a credit against taxes paid, OK?

If you pay $0 in taxes, it has $0 benefits for you, OK?

Wut???

Wut ^2????

Wrong! That is not how it works Do your own taxes some time and you will see.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

Once could get $1,000 per child, because I paid taxes, now it is ZERO because I don't pay any taxes at all and it says why right there in the TurboTax forms. Now that my tax return money is so small, I no longer use Turbot Tax starting this year since there is no longer a reason to pay them $60 for it when my refund was just $130 last year. It will be even less this year.

Now I can't use anything related to my children anymore, thus I get nothing out of it.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

Once could get $1,000 per child, because I paid taxes, now it is ZERO because I don't pay any taxes at all and it says why right there in the TurboTax forms. Now that my tax return money is so small, I no longer use Turbot Tax starting this year since there is no longer a reason to pay them $60 for it when my refund was just $130 last year. It will be even less this year.

Now I can't use anything related to my children anymore, thus I get nothing out of it.

I will give you another example. My daughter had to file using the EITC a few years ago. Her refund was more that I paid in taxes for the entire year even though she was working for slightly more than minimum wage.. I don't know why you can't read or do your taxes correctly.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

I will give you another example. My daughter had to file using the EITC a few years ago. Her refund was more that I paid in taxes for the entire year even though she was working for slightly more than minimum wage.. I don't know why you can't read or do your taxes correctly.

I have no idea what YOU or your daughter are doing, what I told you is the truth and that is what Turbo Tax based tax form stated.

I have NEVER been qualified for EIC, but was able to claim the Child tax credit for several years until last year because it was the first time I didn't pay any taxes at all.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

I have no idea what YOU or your daughter are doing, what I told you is the truth and that is what Turbo Tax based tax form stated.

I have NEVER been qualified for EIC, but was able to claim the Child tax credit for several years until last year because it was the first time I didn't pay any taxes at all.

I guess you are unfamiliar with the former Secretary of the Treasury know as Turbo Tax Timmy, That software is fucking garbage!

I just finished my taxes. Pardon my saying it, but you are full of shit. That's why people hate tax credits.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

Seems to me you're both correct but arguing past each other over semantic details.

CrusaderFrank is correct concerning taxable income so low no income tax or benefit applies and you are concerning getting more back than paid in or owed when adding up EIC etc. 'payer' eligible credits.

Last edited:

Wut???

Wut ^2????

Seems to me you're both correct but arguing past each other over semantic details.

CrusaderFrank is correct concerning taxable income so low no income tax or benefit applies and you are concerning getting more back than paid in or owed when adding up EIC etc. 'payer' credits.

Nope. He cannot read.

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

I guess you are unfamiliar with the former Secretary of the Treasury know as Turbo Tax Timmy, That software is fucking garbage!

I just finished my taxes. Pardon my saying it, but you are full of shit. That's why people hate tax credits.

Now you get nasty and stupid on me, I didn't argue against your tax experience or your daughters either because It isn't my interest and have no idea what goes on in your tax stuff.

It is clear you don't know how the Child Tax credit is figured out. You seem oblivious that there is a work sheet now in place for the level of Child Tax credit, it was this work sheet that showed me I can't qualify with any of the Child tax credit last year, it is a part of the 1040 tax form, here is a whole page on at the IRS website, one of the forms on the website specifically pertains to me, not going to tell which one.

It will show you that someone like me who has ZERO TAXABLE earned income (I am on disability pay through Social Security) can't claim child tax credit.

You finally get it?

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

Now you get nasty and stupid on me, I didn't argue against your tax experience or your daughters either because It isn't my interest and have no idea what goes on in your tax stuff.

It is clear you don't know how the Child Tax credit is figured out. You seem oblivious that there is a work sheet now in place for the level of Child Tax credit, it was this work sheet that showed me I can't qualify with any of the Child tax credit last year, it is a part of the 1040 tax form, here is a whole page on at the IRS website, one of the forms on the website specifically pertains to me, not going to tell which one.

It will show you that someone like me who has ZERO TAXABLE earned income (I am on disability pay through Social Security) can't claim child tax credit.

You finally get it?

Yes, I get that you still are a fucking moron!

Wut???

Wut ^2????

That is right.

You finally get it?

Yes, I get that you still are a fucking moron!

:auiqs.jpg:

Ah I see that you have run out of counter arguments to offer. You are here to be a jerk and scream and little else, be sure to wipe the spittle off your chin.

Meanwhile while you descend into the abyss, here are reviews saying you are wrong about Turbo Tax software quality.

Turbo Tax is a good software package, I have used for about 8 years, know from personal experience that it is a good software.

I have looked for bad Turbo Tax reviews, can't find any, but found FOUR good rated reviews from Business Insider, Top Ten Reviews, Money Crashers and Consumer Affairs

When I decided to try an online Tax support, I did product reviews and Turbo Tax was considered good, that is why I decided to try it. It is a good set up using the Deluxe level, until last year always got a few thousand dollars refunded.

It appears you have a bias against something you never used.

You going to scream at me again like a sergeant again?

:rolleyes:

What people are you referring to? Any worker pays taxes. It’s called payroll tax.
Aye well even paycheck rather than cash illegals remit payroll taxes but don't file IRS INCOME tax returns.

Every commercial transaction has state and federal sales tax attached on up throughout the supply chains too but we're also upper twenty some trillion in debt.

So, if My total adjusted taxes, each and every year, come back with a $5,000 dollar refund, I haven't paid any taxes. That means a child credit gives Me $5,500 or whatever the credit is.

That is called welfare.
So what it boils down to is "Money for Nothing"

Yup and you and I will be paying for it.

Biden will bankrupt the country.

I am all for this, it was one of the key efforts of the Trump Admin to get through......he was able to double it, and expand it in 2017, but any other moves to improve it were shamefully blocked by Nancy P.....any way glad to see this

There should be a law that your tax refund cannot be any more than what you paid in taxes. If you paid zero in taxes you get zero back

Forum List

Back