Twitter Sues Texas AG, Claiming Retaliation For trump Ban

This is interesting.

Texas sues Twitter. So Twitter sues the Texas AG.

Where are the adults?

Well, it's not as if Paxton was wrong. By all observations, there was absolutely a coordinated plan by multiple big tech companies to de-platform Trump. They can get mad that someone pointed it out, but it's hard to sell a bunch of politically linked institutions acting in unison against a political opponent as some random occurrence.

Meanwhile, Twitter has absolutely no leg to stand on as far as demanding some sort of good faith and fair treatment. They seem petty and bitter here.

This is interesting.

Where are the adults?

What an odd argument. "We are suing the government for investigating us for admitting that we did what they are alleging we did".

I hope twitters abuses are brought into the light. I may even contact the AG and provide my own experience, hell, add it into the record. Deboosted and shadowbanned for speaking out against China and supporting America?

If this is how twitter operates, maybe they should simply be labelled a foreign asset.

Last edited:
This is interesting.

Where are the adults?

This is going to have ramifications if twitter wins because they are essentially declaring themselves a publisher and not a platform

“Twitter responded Monday with a federal lawsuit alleging Paxton is seeking to punish it for taking Trump’s account offline — a decision the social media company says is protected free speech. It asks a judge to declare the decision to be under the ambit of the First Amendment and to, in essence, halt Paxton’s investigation.” ibid

Not just free speech but the First Amendment right to freedom of association.

Private organizations have the right to determine who will be a member of the organization; Twitter has the right to exclude whomever it wishes, including a corrupt and dishonest president like Trump.

Clearly conservatives hate the First Amendment comprehensively.

Forum List

Back